Test Discussion GU94: Episodes 27-31 Currency Conversion

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Red Five, Apr 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Red Five Developer

This thread is for reporting any issues with the Episode Currency Conversion.

Episodes 27-31 have been updated with the following changes:
    • The following episode currencies are no longer dropped from any source
      • Ancient Coins
      • War Bonds
      • Marked Bills
      • Ultrabucks
      • Atlantean Crowns
    • Player held currency of these types has been converted to an equal amount of Source Marks
    • Vendor items that required any removed currencies to purchase now require Source Marks instead
    • Vendor Gear prices have been reduced
  2. Shattered Psychosis Well-Known Player

Why were vendor gear prices reduced but not the op collection price?
    • Like x 1
  3. IonHero Committed Player

Past relevancy, daily open world Deluge missions only drop Quicklime and Cash. Will something be added to these missions?
    (a similar issue will occur to Cyborg and Raven when TT content loses it's marks)
  4. Spyeedy Active Player

With the conversion, there shouldn't be any use of the Mark of Victory currency logo. However, in the base mainframe interface, the logo is still used, instead of changed to Source Marks'.

List of UIs affected:
    • Base Mainframe
    • Base Generator
    • Relocating Base
    [IMG]
  5. geoforcee100 Well-Known Player

video showing all the vendor prices from t1 to episode 31! yeh they are very cheap in price for elite and normal with and without discount!
    Following currencies:
    • Ancient Coins-999
    • War Bonds-999
    • Marked Bills-999
    • Ultrabucks-999
    • Atlantean Crowns-999
    • Marks Of Victory-200
    Which gave me a total of 5195 source marks so the conversion is spot on 1:1 !!
    also this video breaks down all the prices and op items prices in the vendors i think the gear prices are way to low in my opinion for old players as they will have 2k + easy when it goes live.

Vending Unit 22 new styles!-1:00
    T1 vendor-1:45
    t2 and above vendors-2:17
    t4 to t8 vendors-4:05
    episode 27 AFP3 with discount-6:23
    episode 27 AFP3 without discount-23:43
    episode 28 AOJ with discount-8:18
    episode 28 AOJ without discount-22:58
    episode 29 RWC with discount-9:38
    episode 29 RWC without discount-26:20
    episode 30 Earth 3 with discount-10:33
    episode 30 Earth 3 without discount-27:16
    episode 31 Deluge with discount-11:32
    episode 31 Deluge without discount-26:33
    New safehouse gear vendor??-17:05
  6. Spyeedy Active Player

The new prices of the gear is notably more expensive than the old prices with the Marks of Victory. So I don't see the need to increase the prices further. If anything, it can be tedious for new players or players that do not have currencies from Episodes 27 to 31.
    • Like x 3
  7. geoforcee100 Well-Known Player

you do have a point there in regards to new players :) i guess everyone will be popping them old style feats when this goes live :D ik i have some styles and op items i still need from war of bonds episode :!
  8. darth_paul Dedicated Player

Aren't you supposed to still get the individual currencies if you are at level for those episodes though? Are the prices still the same with the individual currencies as they are with the Source Marks? For example if a weapon is 20 source marks is is also 20 Ultrabucks, Crowns, etc.? Or is it more expensive with the Ultrabucks, etc. than it is with the Source Marks?
  9. Spyeedy Active Player

ultrabucks huh? They have removed the currencies for Episodes 27 through 31.
    Therefore, no more receiving of the mentioned currencies. As for gear pricing with Source Marks, the patch notes itself says that some parts will have increased pricing while others will decrease.
  10. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

The on duty tab still says the old currencies drop as a reward.
  11. geoforcee100 Well-Known Player

i will take a look at this and see if it gives me source or the old currency!
  12. geoforcee100 Well-Known Player

earth 3 daily question mark you collect should give you a mark but instead gives you cash... why is this!
    before getting the green question mark:
    [IMG]
    after getting see loot tab!
    [IMG]
    few other examples:
    [IMG]
    before completing quest:
    [IMG]
    after completing quest s[IMG]
  13. darth_paul Dedicated Player

It doesn't have to be the "ultrabucks" specifically, I just picked a random currency as an example. That's why I also said Crowns, etc. I did notice the increases and decreases as well.
  14. Tarif Committed Player

These episodes with their own episode specific marks/ currency, will no longer give us rewards except cash, a very minimal amount, and a rewards box if we are not cr relevant. Nothing, nada, zilch, and this is straight garbage.

This is NOT what many players want. We are active because we run our dailies and weeklies on newer content, and THEN GO BACK to older content for the episode related specific rewards, feats, and currewncy, to earn/ buy resellable items we may purchase with these episode specific marks every day, every week, and every month for in game trades and profit.

THIS IS WHAT OUR MEMBERSHIP-AS A PERK-ALLOTS US.

At some point all I began to think about here, is now that they are taking episode specific currency rewards from us, WHY EVEN PAY FOR MY MONTHLY MEMBERSHIP any longer, if I am only being rewarded in later content, or WHY SHOULD I EVEN REMAIN ACTIVE AS I AM IF THERES NOTHING LEFT FOR ME TO BE ACTIVE FOR?

This will literally make many of us LESS active. Period. No ifs ands or buts. There will be no incentive left, no rewards for us to grind, so why not just log off and go play and pay money into another game?

Is it the aim of what ever Dev came up with this idea, to have less active players in an MMO? Shouldnt wanting an active player base for mmos be wanted goal for their business model?

Is it the Devs aim here to literally have less active players earning rewards? I do not understand this idea as someone thinking it was going to go over well, in any way.

LEAVE OUR EPISODE SPECIFIC REWARDS ALONE. WE PAY FOR THEM. THIS IS NOT WANTED.

You want to turn all marks of victory into source marks, fine, but that also takes all episode specific currencys by turning them into source marks from us as any kind of reward as customers that purchase our memberships or buy these episodes for their specific currency rewards because we are no longer cr relevant with this change.

Thats not what I want to pay for. This change is way too drastic. Please read much of the feedback on these forums and in game. Many players DO NOT WANT THAT.
    • Like x 5
  15. geoforcee100 Well-Known Player

@ tarif

you are right by only giving u cash as a reward all because we are over the cr is dum and stupid... the devs you need to change to so if we over cr for the current mission or raid we need to get source marks atleast and not just cash as a reward! what is 25403 cash going to do? tht does not even cover repair bills on our gear!
    • Like x 1
  16. Plowed In Loyal Player

Can anyone testing confirm the reward from an outside CR relevant raid? Do you get 10 source marks + an alternate reward box or just a box?
  17. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

This change is really bad, seems like you guys dont want endgame players running old content.
    • Like x 4
  18. E Clip Dedicated Player

If I understand this correctly, currencies from AF3 to Deluge as well as the marks of victory will merge into a single currency called source marks. At the moment on live, outside of CR relevancy you can earn the episodic currencies with which you can complete sets, styles etc that each specific vendor sells to get your feats. With the change, the vendors AF3 to Deluge will start selling for currency that we only get in CR relevant content and that's the same currency we use to buy rare styles, mainframe upgrades as well as catalyst caches?
    • Like x 1
  19. DCUO Addict Committed Player

I haven't run a raid on the test server, but I just did the solo from Deluge. I only received alternate rewards (in this case, two 100 MoV Tokens) and gear. I did not receive any Source Marks.

I understand the logic behind the relevancy window when the MoV was the only currency. I've never been a fan, but I understood it. Now that the two most recent episodes are using episode specific currency, that logic is less applicable.

Just make a straight 1:1 change to the current system. In relevancy = 2 SMs for solo, duo, and dailies; 6 SMs for alerts; 16 SMs for weeklies; and 20 SMs for raids. Out of relevency = 1 SM for solo, duo, and dailies; 3 SMs for alerts; 8 SMs for weeklies; and 10 SMs for raids. Yes, players gain a bit more flexibility in terms of which vendors to spend marks on, but there's no way to "get ahead" because the vendors for the most recent two episodes don't use Source Marks.

I understand people's concern about losing the reward from future runs of AF3 - Deluge content. However, there are a lot of benefits to the planned system. If there is some consideration for how to maintain a level of reward for out-of-relevancy players, the Source Mark system would actually be a big improvement, in my opinion.
    • Like x 2
  20. Tarif Committed Player

Yes, thats what they are planning. My hopes are that people will speak against this, and that the Devs will listen to the negative feedback thats already against it in game and on the forums.

This is a terrible idea. It will make many active players have far more rewards and less to do.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.