GU79: Mera's "Sea of Love" Mission

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Torikumu, Jan 31, 2018.

1. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

There isn't a thread to discuss this mission and it's proving to be quite a troublesome mission filled with bugs.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally, all you did was approach Mr Freeze in the Safehouse, get your daily missions and be directed to visit Mera. Upon arriving at Mera, when you interact with her, the mission auto-completes, you get your Heart currency and the Message in a Bottle reward box.

On Friday, the update made it so the mission gave us a set of objectives and marked an area on the map where to find them, but it wasn't obvious at all what to do.

After last night's update, I've logged into test moments ago and the mission is still in this state. When I spoke to Mera, I was immediately given the rewards for the mission (Hearts, Message in a Bottle), then I was given a list of objectives. The mission remained in my journal.
    After searching the area and doing things such as KOing NPCs, I'm still none-the-wiser about what I actually have to do. I've checked the collections list but none of the names of the "Royal Relationship" collections correspond with the names in the mission objective.

So I'm thinking it's either bugged and simply doesn't work or it's too difficult to be figured out on it's own and more should be done to guide the player.

Potential Bug: No Replayability
    The mission doesn't seem to be playable more than once. Not sure if this pertains to any sort of bug, or if it's intended.

My characters, which ran the mission when the event was first launched on test, have neither the mission in their journal nor the option to replay it. There's no icon above Mera's head indicating I can replay it. I've tried completing the rest of the Daily missions and then returning to Mr Freeze to reset, but doing so doesn't trigger the mission again.

• Like x 4
  2. Penryn The Gadgeteer

It is the same way on Hero side. I've been running around the orange area on the map killing stuff, interacting with nodes, and doing whatever I can with no idea on how to complete the Memento objectives.

What am I supposed to be doing to complete these objectives? Is the mission glitched?
    • Like x 2
  3. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

had the exact s
    had the exact same issues and did the exact same things you did.. I attacked mobs thinking maybe the objectives dropped like Nth metal as you defeated X amount.. nothing. I clicked on collection markers thinking maybe the objectives were another "special Holiday" collection and did get a number of holiday collections but none of the objectives Mera assigned. I went BACK to the safe house and got the outdoor mission from Hal Jordan again thinking MAYBE the objectives dropped during THAT when you had the mission.. and got nothing. I Searched the whole orange zone and found nothing new or unusual to click on that would give me the objectives.

SO the big question is.... HOW are we supposed to find these mystical objectives and complete the assignment?
  4. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

You should be able to interact with sea horses along the waterfront. Right now these are hidden interacts, but we're adding the interact icon/overlay to make them stand out a bit more.
    • Like x 1
  5. sassori New Player

game work ? i cant log :/
  6. sassori New Player

launch pad was unable to connect...
  7. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Hopefully that helps because I started out staying along the waterfront and didn't find a thing :-( I'll try it again later
  8. Penryn The Gadgeteer

I've seen 9 out of 10 nodes so far. They aren't something you'll likely find with casual effort. You really need to search every portion of the water front and the sides/tops of buildings. I spent about an hour searching for the last node and gave up on it.
  9. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

I just found one, I admit it takes forever to find one, before I bothered checking forums, to find out they are closer to the water
  10. Kestral Committed Player

I found 2 after I asked in shout what I was even looking for. Prior to someone actually telling me the objective I spent an hour of looking for ....something in that whole area. With no idea if that something was an object, items from killing adds, or collection pieces. It's not an intuitive mission.

Suggestion: Have mission mention that they are specifically seahorse mementos OR just put one of the statues next to her so we can see the visual of what we are going to be searching for.
    • Like x 2
  11. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Thanks to Mepps hint above, I've also been able to find 9/10.

I assumed that each of the nodes is unique and has a specific memoir attached to it, but when comparing notes with Penryn, we identified the same Memoir in 2 different locations. So I'm not sure any more if the sea horses have the same memoir or your next memoir is played by the next sea horse you find.

We've also both struggled to find the 10th, to finish the mission off, which could be just a case of not looking hard enough. Or it could be that there's 1 missing or something going on that pertains to the description above.
    • Like x 1
  12. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

Update now I also been only able to find 9/10, I made a mini map to mark which ones I already came across, but can't find the last one, I'm sick atm so a splitting headache doesn't help when trying to find the last one :( I'll look around again when this headache goes away
  13. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

I'm not good at finding invisible items. I found 2 visible ones.
    An audio trigger would be nice.
  14. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

• Like x 2
  15. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Okay thanks to Black Dawn I found all 10 sea horses. :D

Just for future reference this is what they look like.....

[IMG]

Now they usually do not glow blue like that so they can be a little harder to spot. They are a very dark grey. BUT notice the small red heart aura? THAT is always there so look for it . that helped me find a couple they hid away pretty well

Didn't get a huge reward for the collection.. I wasn't sure but I THINK it was only 1 heart.... then again its a collection.. how many of those award ANY type of in game cash. On the other hand the mission does also award a small wall statue of Mera and Auqaman..... Forgive the quality.. it is a small statue and I am NOT good with the in game camera controls...

[IMG]

Looks good and they are snuggling so it fits in with the whole "Valentine's Day" theme. They were visible so Mepps and the Dev's did make it easier to complete. THANKS for that Map Black Dawn.. Huge help locating them.
    • Like x 1
  16. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Big thanks to Dawn for sharing her map with me. I was able to finish the mission too. Knowing each of the locations completely changes the perspective of this mission. You can do it in less than 3 minutes if you know where you're going.

I agree with Kestral's suggestion about putting a seahorse with hearts next to Mera. I think this will help a lot for people who don't research how the mission is done. Without the hint from Mepps, I had absolutely no idea how to participate in the mission. A seahorse and maybe a reference in the description (even if indirectly like "seahorses hold the memories of our past" or something).

Otherwise, nice little mission. Love the reward. Can't wait to put it with my other 2 shelf statues on Live.
    • Like x 2
  17. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

With the help of Black Dawn's Map, I found the other 8.
    Very hard to find without the Map; all were actually visible.
    Still somewhat difficult even with the map.
    Maybe brightening them up; and adding an audio clue would really help.
  18. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

"Mission
    Sea of Love
    • The mementos of love between Mera and Aquaman for the Sea of Love mission will now show an icon and appear as a white dot on the radar."
    I hopped on test today to look at this mission, two things:
    One, there is no icon and no white dot on the mini map as this hot fix intended
    Edit: all the seahorses show icons and white dots expect one, that one is the one closet to Mera that's not showing anything

Second, it gave me the rewards right away, and kinda leaving the objectives optional
    Anyone else have this issue?
  19. StealthBlue Loyal Player

When you first talk to Mera, she gives you a heart and a message in a bottle (it contains a collection piece). After you interact with all 10 seahorses, Mera gives you another heart and the wall statue. But I agree, this does still feel odd.

As for the seahorses themselves, I only saw the spyglass icon missing from the fourth from the east. However, the second from the east also had an exclamation icon over top of it. That exclamation icon didn't go away when I interacted with the seahorse.
    • Like x 1
  20. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

Yes I noticed that soon I started collecting the seahorses, the mission journal should update the objective to show, "hey you will get these rewards" after you get these 10 seahorses, otherwise other people might not bother finishing the mission, cuz they wouldn't know that there is more to it :)