Test Discussion GU76: Artifacts

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Moja, Oct 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I went on test last night to run the Shadowland duo and noticed that I was locked from getting a catalyst until the weekly reset on Thursday. I had previously run the duo last Friday/Saturday, so it seems the catalysts are on a weekly lockout, even on daily content. Is this intended? Not really a fan, if it's intended. At the highest rank you need 5 (I think) of the "common" catalysts from daily content, so without replaying you're looking at 5 weeks until you get enough, and that's just for the last rank, not including all the ranks before that.
    • Like x 1
  2. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

This is intended. It allows us to keep things simpler and have the guaranteed drop, while also being able to put catalysts in different kinds of content with different lockouts. Artifacts are a long-term effort.
  3. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

Can't people sell these? It gives people a reason to do old content. Those who do can end up selling something that other people will want. Is that correct? I like that it's weekly and if you do happen to reset something in the that also gives a Catalysts (even in the future dlc) you will be getting them a lot.
  4. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Yeah they can be sold, but each type of catalyst only drops in one specific piece of content. I mean I guess we can run the stuff on our alts too and funnel the catalysts to our mains if we want.
  5. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report(?)
    I've been testing Nth Metal drops in duo content and keep seeing an odd pattern. For 8 of the 9 duos I've run today, only the very first enemy killed in the duo drops Nth Metal. There was only one other time I saw Nth Metal drop and that was on a last boss. Here is an example from Spark of Ion:

That doesn't seem right.

Feedback
    1. The On Duty UI needs to be updated to tell the player when the Catalyst lockout will reset. If I'm reading this correctly, Catalysts are on a weekly reset and not daily. That could be confusing since duos and alerts only report the daily reset.

2. Can we get an entry somewhere telling us how much XP is required to reach the next milestone marker? The UI currently only gives you the XP requirement for the next rank.

That would be very helpful if you have a bunch of Nth Metal and you're trying to figure out the minimum amount to use to get to the Milestone marker.

3. The "Location" Fields for Catalyst items need to be more descriptive. I'll use Electrum as an example:
    [IMG]

Which Area 51? The level 10 alert? The T1 alert? Time-Torn Area 51? LPvE Area 51? I know the on-duty tab notes which instance drops the Catalyst, but that can be pretty confusing if you're just going by the item description.

4. Why does Nth Metal only stack to 99? Catalysts can stack to 999.
    • Like x 3
  6. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

How many different types of catalysts are there? Can our Inventory handle all these different drops?
    • Like x 1
  7. krytine Loyal Player

Umm I thought the main idea was even if your loot locked from an instance you could get the catalyst and nth metal stuff. Did I read that wrong or was it changed
  8. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    There have been a couple of times tonight where I have been unable to swap Artifacts. Here is an example:

This one happened right after I had finished upgrading the Tetrahedron of Urgrund to level 100.

Relogging fixed the problem.
  9. Jafin 10000 Post Club

There are 12 different types, and they stack up to either 99 or 999, not sure which. I'll pop in a list of all the Catalysts and where you can obtain them below:

Duos
    Stellarium - The First Piece
    Mystic Lightning - Shadowlands
    Quantum Field Energy - Spark of Ion

Alerts
    Electrum - Area 51
    Dionesium - League of Assassins Stronghold
    Superior Mystic Lightning - Trigon's Prison
    Superior Quantum Field Energy - Zamaron Conversion Chamber
    Superior Stellarium - Phantom Zone

Raids
    Superior Dionesium - Brainiac Sub-Construct
    Concentrated Mystic Lightning - Gates of Tartarus
    Concentrated Stellarium - Blackest Day
    Concentrated Quantum Field Energy - Artifacts from the Past
    • Like x 2
  10. Carp Developer

Hi Penryn, thanks for the keen video. When you got into this state, did you happen to notice if you could un/equip other types of equipment? Could you move items around in your inventory (swap slots, etc.)? Any other info you can provide would be helpful, and I'll see if I can take a look. Thanks again!
  11. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

So We're looking at about 3 Full lines of additional inventory, due to Catalysts, Seals, Metals, and Artifacts.
    That's for starters. Once new Artifacts are added, there will be new Catalysts as well.
  12. krytine Loyal Player

So carp are we getting items to stack to 99 atleast when artifacts hit? And I mean exobytes simple complex core elements focusing everything we have been asking about. For some time instead we get more stuff to take up more room
  13. Penryn The Gadgeteer

I didn't test removing equipment. I should have in hindsight.

I think I was able to move items around in the inventory.

I tried reproducing the bug today, but haven't had much luck. It happened twice yesterday after upgrading some artifacts and attacking sparring targets.
  14. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Nth Metal/Reagents are what is not bound by loot locks.
  15. IonHero Committed Player

If our inventory is full, will Nth Metal go into overflow inventory (like Time Capsules and Lock Boxes), or will it simply not be collected?
  16. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

Any chance of added more inventory and share bank slots to the marketplace? I would like to buy more if possible. :)

I've been maxed out for years.
  17. Aspar Agus Well-Known Player

This is the wrong question to ask.

This question costs us 20$ to maintain the inventory status quo.

The correct question is "can you make all exo's and crafting elements stack to 99?"
    • Like x 1
  18. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

True that is the right question. I would like my extreme soda to be at 999 too. Just like Ultimate sodas are. Also those Catalyses Types II and III need to be 999 as well. Every time I fall below 16, I just have to go by another.
  19. Kestral Committed Player

They should flip it if they want to keep the artifacts Health themed for the initial release. Right now DPS putting SP into health raises their DPS. Why not make it Healers putting points into Health raises the groups Res, Trolls points into Health raises Power, and Tanks into health get more Dom?. That way the artifacts are still centered around Health but ultimately the benefits of the artifacts goes to the person building them first (so they are useful in solo content) and to the group they are with second (for raid content).

Not to mention healing tank powers would also benefit from Healers providing them more res, everyone would benefit from more Power, and anyone who has shields would benefit from the Dom.

Seriously though Devs we see the unsubtle message of these artifacts to make sure we pour our SP into the stat that helps the DPS feel more powerful on the scoreboard first and then oh 'yay' we get some health we might not need if we have already prioritized that stat second.
    • Like x 1
  20. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Request
    I'd like to see some entries in loot log whenever Nth Metal/Catalysts are consumed during the enhancing process. In case you end up with an unexpected result, that would let you see if you used the appropriate items.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.