Test Discussion GU76: Artifacts

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Moja, Oct 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Would anyone be willing to make a list of all the currently known artifacts with a brief overview of what each one does?
  2. inferno Loyal Player

Nice!! thanks for the info.
  3. ObsidianChill_DCUO Well-Known Player

Question, it may be stupid because I didn't watch the livestream and haven't had a chance to pop on test but will ask anyways

1. Im assuming the artifacts don't stack with the same type? Like 3 dps using might artifact etc
    2. Follow up to 1 does the dps artifact stack with the healer, controller, tank one? so you can have 4 artifact type buffs all at once?
    3. If you have 2 dps with might artifacts does the one that buffs assuming they don't stack is the artifact that is leveled the highest? ie highest vit overriding pot
    4. Is there a way to remove the artifact from your gear? Like if you had a controller and dps artifact on same character you could swtich it out depending on the content that player was running.
    5. For the dps artifact you have all the 3 stats beneficial to that role health/power/might but for the tank artifact you have health/prec/dom, prec is almost pointless for a tank could that be switched to resto or even power?
  4. inferno Loyal Player

Cog of Mageddon (Recommended for Damage - Weapons)

**Savagery of Mageddon - Hitting an enemy with a Cross-weapon combo attack grants you and up to 7 group members, Precision equal to .75% of your Health. This effect is doubled in Damage Role.

Cost 100 Marks of Victory

Upcoming Rank Bonuses:
    Rank 20 - + Precision stat, 1%Health
    Rank 40 - +Dominance Stat, 2% Health
    Rank 60 - 1%Precision
    Rank 80 - 3% Health, 1%Dominance
    Rank 80 - Savagery of Mageddon
    Rank 100 - 2% Precision

**Entwined Rings of Azar (Recommended for Trolls)

Azarthian Fortitude
    Using Group Power heal grants you and up to 7 group members health equal to 12% of your Vitalization

Upcoming Rank bonuses
    Rank 20 +Vitalization Stats, 1%Health
    Rank 40 +Precision Stat, 2%Health
    Rank 60 1% Vitalization
    Rank 80 3% Health, 1% Precision
    Rank 80 Azarathian Fortitude
    Rank 100 2% Vitalization

**Diluster Refractor (Recommended for Tank)

Quantum Reinforcement Field
    Hitting an enemy with a Pull grants you and up to 7 group members health equal to 11.5% of your Dominance.

Upcoming Rank Bonuses
    Rank 20 +dominance, 1% Health
    Rank 40 +Precision stat, 2%Health
    Rank 60 1% Dominance
    Rank 80 Quantum Reinforcement Field
    Rank 100 2% Dominance

**Starheart Fragment ( Recommended for Healer)

Jade Flame's Vitality
    Using a Group heal grants you and up to 7 group members Health equal to 7.5% of your Restoration.

Upcoming Rank Bonuses
    Rank 20 +Restoration stat, 1%Health
    Rank 40 +Precision Stat, 2%Health
    Rank 60 1% Restoration
    Rank 80 3%Health, 1%Precsion
    Rank 80 Jade Flame's vitality
    Rank 100 2% Restoration

There's another DPS trinket for Superpower but I don't have the info now.
    Also, I would keep in mind that this is still TEST so the DEVS may change some of this stuff before it hits live.
    • Like x 2
  5. inferno Loyal Player

6. ObsidianChill_DCUO Well-Known Player

Ok @ a Green Name This playstyle for controller post stats revamp is not the way controller's should be specing for anymore. A pure vit playstyle furthers the issue within the community where you have controllers and groups with insufficient power because the controllers are specing pure vit because that's what they are used to as a norm, which hasn't truly been the case for some time now. Controllers who spec the majority into vit don't have sufficient power pools for themselves to power the group. Its not just clipping the recharge ability off cooldown you have to also use the supercharge generator power off cooldown as well not to mention any additional debuffs. Your power pool with majority into vit cannot sustain a normal 8 man group efficiently which is factually proven in the game that you give out more power running either a pure power build or a vit/power build but NEVER a full vit build as demonstrated in various videos but most effectively here

at time marker [COLOR=var(--yt-endpoint-color)]03:25:08[/COLOR] if it doesn't jump right to there in the link.

If you don't want to change to encourage a power build like with the current skill point tress recommending power to only dps players that's fine but please don't punish controllers who actually care about maximizing their role and taking away any incentive to run a power build.

This controller artifact doesn't even give power as a base stat.... it gives vit/health/precision power is the absolute KING when it comes to controller right now, especially if it was a 2 controller scenario and not just a solo troll. We can't spend all the countless time it will take to max this artifacts when for the controller role it is not even beneficial to us.

Controllers should be specing max power then vit or full power mods or vit/power

now this artifact wants us to spec full vit to maximize its potential to give health back to the group? Our job is to restore power to the group not restore their health, that would be the healer's job which with a healer already specing full resto their artifact will do a MUCH better job at healing than this controller artifact which in the end hurts us more then helps by granting no base power stat and convincing players to spec more into vit and granting us an ability that isn't beneficial to the controller role.

Solutions
    • Change Precision base stat to Power
    • The granted ability of the artifact could be changed to:
      • Group Power Heal
      • A Shield based on a % of your Power Pool
      • An extra Power Over Time tick based on a % of your vit
      • A supercharge reduction/increase baseed on a % of power/vit
      • Extra Power Regen based on % of your power pool
    please don't force or further convince players to run the wrong spec of controllers which just furthers issues in the community
    • Like x 7
  7. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Well if vit is doing less for trolls than power, that’s stupid and is the real issue, not the artifact.
    • Like x 1
  8. ObsidianChill_DCUO Well-Known Player

The largest misconception for the controller role for the past 3+ years is that vit was better, it wasn't a power build always gave more power in the end than a vit build. With power builds you didn't even need to regen with your weapon before stats revamp you could just sit and dump recharge sitting in the watchtower for almost 5min before running out of power. Controllers just think they need to max vit and put all vit mods in their gear and OP items because I really don't know why those controllers don't know how to play their role effectively.

Stats revamp just further amplified that gap with power mattering much more than vit, unless you have the 250+ skill points to be able to effectively spec both into power and vit you are just hurting yourself and others in your group. This is even more evident in a community that was used to be 200cr and 100sp for so long just getting max cr and not worrying about skill points because CR meant more well now that "stats matter" those controllers are still specing full vit and have vit mods and they can barely power a group in a raid which I see all the time and im sure many other dps/healers see the same.

There has always and I mean always been a right way and a wrong way to spec controller, specing only for vit is wrong
    • Like x 3
  9. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Well I’ve always specced a bit of both but even so, vit should be the most important stat by design.
    • Like x 2
  10. El El Committed Player

Im wondering if you could add unique visual effect to all artifact.
    makes it easier to swap artifacts when doing raids this way you can identify the current artifact people running with.

So you know someone else already running with it.
    • Like x 3
  11. Carp Developer

Hi Zamara, thanks for the report. I don't know if you're able to remember, but could you try to describe in more detail what you were doing with the upgrades when the items disappeared? And just for clarity, do you mind if I ask which items disappeared exactly? The artifacts? The boxes? Reagent items? Thanks in advance for any additional info!
    Good eye, Realsaiyin. I've actually already given the aritfact icon in inspect window a little nudge in the right direction, but I don't know if they are going to update PC Test with the fix, given how minor of an issue it is. But it will be fixed on live! Thanks for pointing it out!
  12. Carp Developer

That's a good question! But no, the XP Boosters that you get off the marketplace will not affect the amount of Item XP granted to an Artifact by Reagents.
    • Like x 2
  13. Scallinno Level 30

Seems like the reagents you buy from Constantine are too low in xp for the price.
    • Like x 3
  14. Zamara Dedicated Player

The artifact was the one that disappeared (it was the entwined rings of azar), i was able to make it happen again (with the starheart fragment) but this time i took some screenshots which i'll leave after the whole explanation
    First of all i completed the Artifacts event, followed the instructions and did everything up to the part where you enter the vault.
    Then i upgraded the tetrahedron of urgrund artifact up to 24 & then i went to the Constantine vendor to buy the 3 support roles artifacts using mark boxes.
    Picked up one box of xp & one of catalysts & opened them.
    Then i went to the artifacts tab, selected the first artifact on the list (starheart fragment) & added xp items from the top of the list, fortified it, then i used some seals to breakthrough the milestones & went all the way to level 100. Next i picked the tetrahedron which was level 24 still, added more xp & went all up to 100 again, when i was done on those 2 artifacts, i checked and on the list i only had 3 again like it happened yesterday, the healer artifact was gone.

Here's a screenshot showing i did buy the starheart (it's the second line in the loot tab)
    [IMG]

Here is the list showing the 3 artifacts i had left:
    [IMG]

As you can see it is not on the recovery list
    [IMG]

And as you can see here i had the tetrahedron equipped & the tank & controller artifacts were on the inventory with no sign of the starheart which before doing anything was right above the entwined rings on the now empty space
    [IMG]

Hope that helps :p
    • Like x 1
  15. Savynaa Well-Known Player

Question :

1. Why dominance on Cog of Mageddon ? Its artifact for Dps WM dominance is useless, power or might are more usefull.

2. For the other artifact Dps (don't remember name) did you notice that will give a huge advantage for Pftt players compered to hybrid ?
    A Pftt player can put their sp in health but you need both precision and might for hybrid, same WM player they need a minimum of power and might.

So will you do something for hybrid and WM players ?
    • Like x 2
  16. stärnbock Devoted Player

exactly my thoughts. dominance? common. i would say: power and might in one stat was too generous. now, PFTT gets all the good stats with artefacts. oh well... at least seperate might and power... vitalization is a stat you could completely toss away for power...
  17. StealthBlue Loyal Player

I'm not sure if this is what happened, but from the live stream they said that you could use an upgraded artifact like a reagent to upgrade a different artifact.
    So, say you were a tank and had a tank 100 tank artifact, then switched powers and started a healer artifact. You are able to use the the tank artifact to rank up the healer artifact faster.

If that is what happened, if might be good for there to be some kind of warning that you are going to destroy the artifact when you do that.
  18. Carp Developer

That's fantastic, Zamara, thanks. I'll take a look when I get in tomorrow and see what I can find.
    That is a possibility, and that's a really good suggestion. I might throw in a confirmation when you attempt to Fortify with an Artifact being used as a Reagent just to be on the safe side. Thanks!
    • Like x 2
  19. Zamara Dedicated Player

Yeah i probably didn't realize & did that.. speaking of confirmations i know it's totally off topic but could you check on why is it that when buying a trinket or utility belt on the gear vendors there is no confirmation message like it happens with the rest of the gear?
    You know the one that says something like "this item is intended for *insert a role* do you want to continue?" on test i can end buying two by mistake as i'm usually buying everything about 4 times & i just press x twice on each item, not a problem there but on live it hurts when it happens.
  20. DCUO Addict Committed Player

Yes, please! The 'are you sure' pop ups for salvaging and tributing armor have saved my butt a number of times when I was tired or not paying attention. Something like this here would be hugely beneficial.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.