Test Discussion GU76: Artifacts

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Moja, Oct 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

I tested each artifact and only have a few questions for now.

1. There are feats for collecting X amount of materials, upgrades, etc but they aren't listed anywhere yet. Is that a bug or intended for the time? I assumed they would be listed in R&D, but I checked all the tabs and saw them no where.

2. Is there suppose to be RnG with the final milestone (rank100)? 2/4 toons had failures and after being stated in the livestream that there wouldn't be RnG on it I assumed this might be a bug.

3. In regards to the Tank Artifact, are AoE pulls (like Atom Splitter) included in Quantum Reinforcement Field effect or is it standard pulls like Atomic Reorganization?
  2. Geri_mester New Player

My thoughts exactly. Maybe they should merge the might and prec stat skill point tree into one. Or the artifact should give both might and prec bonus.
  3. stärnbock Devoted Player

QUESTION:
    why does the weapon artefact supports dominance instead of health?
    i dunno, but it does'nt make any sense at all, at least from how i see it...
    shouldn't both dammage artefacts better support health instead?
    even power would be better than dominance, hwo even needs dominance?
    • Like x 1
  4. stärnbock Devoted Player

you can see them in your general taps
  5. stärnbock Devoted Player

do XP boosters (MP) work with nth metal?
  6. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

What do you mean GM? there is a chance of success that gets lowered on higher milestones, so there is always gonna be RNG in those higher milestones breakthroughs. For my rank 5 i had 60% chance of success, you just need to be lucky on those final ranks :D
    • Like x 1
  7. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

I had all success until the 100 milestone on 2/4 toons. Tell me I didn't burn up my RnG luck on test server GP! lol. I guess they were only referring to a "set back" type of RnG when using the new system which I am thankful for lol. I already have one game the RnG is too strong in lol.
    • Like x 1
  8. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

I ranked up to 5 my artifact without failures, but i´m pretty sure that my "luck" is gonna be way worse on live server :(
    • Like x 2
  9. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

You and me both, GP lol
  10. stärnbock Devoted Player

so, if in one group, there are twice the same artefact, only one counts for the group? and the other one gets deactivated? hows that working? can we see wich artifacts are activated when we go see the buffs currenty working?
  11. inferno Loyal Player

@ stambock - I don't see it as deactivated but the bonuses from the artifact just does not stack on top of the similar artifact. However the personal stat boost is still effective.

It looks like the chance of success of a breakthrough is hard-wired at each level.
    level 20 is a 100%
    level 40 is 95%
    level 60 is 90%
    level 80 is 60%

The percentage number looks scary but the failure rate doesn't seem bad when I was doing breakthroughs.To be honest, if it goes live like this I am almost tempted NOT to use seals until the breakthrough at 80.

The questions for me now is:
    How difficult is it to get the Catalysts, aside from the broker?
    Where do we get the Seals of Preservation? What currency is used and how much?
    • Like x 1
  12. recoil Committed Player

tanks, controllers, some healer powers like harvest. basically nearly everybody but the dps depending on the power.
  13. DCUO Addict Committed Player

I'm not a new player, but I tried to look at the mission with new players in mind.

Great job with the instance! It's nice to have a tutorial style instance to introduce something new. I really liked the use of the different teleporter styles (e.g., portal to hell, portal to Oa). I also liked the incorporation of some of the tasks that are necessary to complete in the game in general like moving the statues around and investigating the boxes. It's nice to have a refresher for people at 20th level to remind people to look around and investigate. (DC stands for Detective Comics!)

I really like the use of the soul well animation in the government warehouse, and I love the giant golem (I wants it!). The tooltips for powering up the artifact are very helpful. I watched the live stream, so I can't give completely unbiased feedback on this, but I thought it was pretty straightforward. Love the new UI!!

Recommendations:
    • In the Oblivion Bar, move Constantine to the end of the bar. Right now, after you talk to him the second time, he's stuck between the character and a chair and doesn't move. If you're level 20, you're used to following someone after they say "let's go." This isn't a big deal; I know, I know, there's a big flaming portal right there. It's just a minor change that might improve the flow for the player.
    • When you leave the last leg and end in the Watchtower, I think you should be placed closer to where Constantine is standing. It will make the next step of going to talk to him more intuitive. I haven't played on the villain side, so I can't comment on that.
    • I'd like Constantine to have a final message when you go to talk to him the last time. The journal tells you to talk to him, but when you do, he just says something snarky and a vendor screen pops up. That could be a little confusing, especially for new players.
      • It would also be nice to have a 5 MoV reward in the journal after completing everything. This will mean that going through all the steps of the mission (including the vault) nets the player 25 MoV, which is enough for the 10xp Nth metal that Constantine sells. And having to go in and 'Complete' the journal is consistent with how things work while leveling up.
    • Please make all the the Nth metal materials account bound. It's confusing that some can't be traded and others can be shared through the shared bank.
      • Please give us the option to purchase more shared bank slots on the live server. With all the types of Nth metal, managing space has the potential to be a nightmare.
    • In the instance after retrieving the Dilustel, Constantine tells you that it's good for tanks. That's great and very helpful. I'd like him to say something like that for each of the artifacts.
    Completely Superficial Recommendations:
    • You can't talk to anyone in the Oblivion Bar except for Constantine. One of the best parts about the Bar in the WW mentor mission is that you can walk around and talk to everyone. It would be really cool to have that here as well.
    • In the Oa cut scene, Glomulus looks like he's trying to grab something that's on top of the Starheart. Is there an object missing in the animation, or is his aim just really bad?
    • Please hire a British voice actor to play Constantine. I'm sorry; I'm not trying to be mean. It's just very, very hard to list to him talk. I pity anyone from England who runs this instance.
    • Like x 2
  14. spack2k Steadfast Player

I am a bit disappointed about how easy we deal with the Villain of the upcoming Justice League Movie...

the materials are not tradeable, not even between alts ... must be a mistake considering what was said in the livestream.

also i am wondering why some of the artifacts require more EXP than others to reach max upgrade and are not equal...
    • Like x 1
  15. DCUO Addict Committed Player

The ones that drop from NPCs are account bound and can be placed in the shared bank, but the ones from the mission and from the vault are not. I think they should all be account bound; otherwise, it's confusing, and extremely inconvenient.
    • Like x 5
  16. inferno Loyal Player

@dcuoaddict - I agree. I had thought ALL enhancers are account bound, whether they come from NPC or vault.
  17. inferno Loyal Player

I re-watched the Livestream and thought that it would be cool that when we purchase a Artifact we are given it's base item equivalent to put in our base for display. It would be even cooler if somehow each had some sort of glow/aura that gets brighter as your trinket gets stronger.

I wish that killing every NPC would drop an enhancer, even if the value was just 1.
    • Like x 2
  18. DCUO Addict Committed Player

Love the idea of getting a base item with each artifact!!!
  19. inferno Loyal Player

As I test more of the Artifacts, the more impressed I am by the thought that comes with this new addition.

The different artifacts actually interact and amplify the boosts of each other. For example, The healer artifact boosts the group members health when they use a group heal, which affects the boost of the dps artifact which is based off the toon's health. I really love that interaction. I noticed that the Precision boost artifact only works for 10 seconds or so.

At first, I thought it doesn't work in open world but I realized I had to hit an NPC in the instance to get the boost. Can someone confirm that the boost does occur once grouped in the open world and after hitting an NPC in the open world? If not, I'll just come on again later.
  20. spack2k Steadfast Player

it works after hitting an npc and it lasts 12 sec
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.