GU73: The Stats Revamp

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Avair, Jul 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SocratesGS Well-Known Player

Proxy can correct me if I'm wrong, but he was using Jafin's load out. I don't think there is any load out that will allow him to solo FOS3 in it's current form on the test server.
  2. Serj Committed Player

last time i checked dox wasn't t1... if they're new and they walked into dox it's their problem, there is no point in running something you know nothing about when you're under cr and overwhelmed.
    case in point, i agree that you shouldn't be soloing raids... but at your cr level - if something is several tiers lower than your cr there is absolutely no reason for you not to be able to solo it...
    unless the devs decide to remove levels from mobs and put all of them on an equal playing field there is no point in forcing players to form raid groups for older content just so they can complete it... they might as well make all end game gear available from level 30 at that point, and we both know that won't happen... that's borderline cheating.
    • Like x 5
  3. Proxystar #Perception

Yes, to an extent I think I possibly do need to go in there and give it a better go and if I'm honest I think I could have done much much better, a boss fight might be interesting and I may do that over the weekend and update the video ;)
    • Like x 1
  4. light FX Steadfast Player

Exactly right. Whenever sp is spoken about multiple people like to use the census and show the average sp # of end game players is what? 180 or something? So either players are ignoring feats or cannot achieve them. With how easy the game is atm on live and pugs still struggle with content. Hell almost every pug JFA run i do no one can stop to take down the 1st boss's shield. But somehow all these players are gonna get so much better overnight when this goes live? :rolleyes: Imo there are some really shortsighted opinions being thrown around.

Btw a friend of mine who was just on test ran SJ, 3 dps and 1 heal. Entire group was 201cr. Took 5 mins to kill ultra humanite and they wiped at the last boss. I know these people. Very good players on live. Now this is the latest end game content. And think about when players were running this content before they were geared. And what about the pug community? Again somehow all these players are gonna become better w/in a few days or a few weeks? Im all for more challenging content. But things have to be realistic.

And i think many people are thinking of themselves/their league/circle of friends and not the entire community. Or arent being honest about this community. Players have to want to put in effort and learn. And there are many players out there right now who just want to be carried and mash 1234. Now things shouldnt stay this way, but i think knowing the playerbase and what they can handle/not handle is very important. Jack recently spoke about if players cannot finish content they will simply leave the game.
    • Like x 5
  5. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I'll hop on test and try it then get back to you, my PoV could change after physically looking into it, who knows.
    • Like x 1
  6. mexmex Dedicated Player

it might be a good idea, to help out the pug community a bit, I have seen countless shouts of recruitment of top CRs with over 200 SP only, that is not helpfull at all, I am sure that if you really concern for the pug community, your league will take all kind of players, and help them to get those pesky feats.
    My point, new players will be now in a position where they will need to learn at earlier stages, thus we wont have so many unaware players as we do now in the end content, ergo the devs will be able to provide a better more engaging content. Even now lots of new recruits on my league are running old content they never run before to get those feats, and I am sure they will continue to doing so after the revamp. I honestly think is a great move towards a better game, some will agree some won´t, but looking the big picture is way better than what we have now live
    • Like x 1
  7. JasonIsley Devoted Player

I "blind pug" older content for base items or sheer boredom, and I can say with all honesty the pug community on Live is NOT ready. I think this is going to be very "sink or swim" for a lot of players. The carrying to max CR can finally come to a slow but on the other hand I don't want to see newer players giving up the game out of frustration.
    • Like x 9
  8. Memphis Rainz Well-Known Player

It's not about stat clamps or the constant difficulty of old content. We are talking about more challenging and rewarding amount of content. On live we have CR differential and AMs so there all is too easy. On test current difficult is fine. We can't burn trought old raids solo but no one say that we can't do this in future when became more stronger, but we must be rewarded. For example T8 players can't finish solo T7, T6, T5 content so they must be fully rewarded for completing that tiers, T7 players can't finish solo T6, T5, T4 so they must be fully rewarded there etc.
  9. IceRaider Dedicated Player

This attitude is why we've got the game where it is.... I want the revamp soon too but I'd rather have as close to a 100% improvement as possible when it goes live.... If this requires us to wait a bit longer then fine. No sense in rushing them into a bad update after waiting this long. Have patience.
    • Like x 3
  10. SocratesGS Well-Known Player

The community in general doesn't really have any official player development support in terms of gaming skill and guidance. It's all player based help on forums and youtube. The problem with only having the community helping the community is that it can easily turn into the blind leading the blind. When there is conflicting points of view on what is best for each power or instance, and there will be no way to tell who is right / or has the better information. Without any official guidance, this really is just a case of the blind leading the blind after all.
    • Like x 2
  11. Proxystar #Perception

No, no just to keep this clear, it's only raid content - I did not have any problems with the other content of lower tiers.

So T8 player can easily do T7 solos for example.
  12. mexmex Dedicated Player

The old content will be revisited way more often because people will chase those SP, there are so many people in ed content with low SP, that may want to go back a bit and increase those SP, that is a good thing.
    I have been here since FOS where the end content, and I had a blast in that time, I fell in love with the game, even if my butt was kicked so many times from the raids, than after that I started to wonder why I was kicked, and started to google what my rol was supposed to do etc, and I learned, and got better, and from there up to amazon fury ! it was the best game for me, then AM WM kicked in and still like the game up until update 47, from there is being getting worse and worse (to me)
    DWF was one of my favorite raids, as unholy matrimony, nesxus, dox, so I am all for a challenge. And is so sad, to see full gruops of high cr failing in those raids still, simply because they didnt care to learn anything in they playtime. this curve might hit me a bit as it will hit so many players, but I do realize it is for the better experience for all the players. That is what I think, and I hope more poeple sees this too, a little compromise for the better good at the end
  13. mexmex Dedicated Player

who said dox is T1?
    There is a curve you know even if you fail to see it.
    and cheating for me is quite the opposite, get into a raid overgeared, stomp on it and claim a feat, I guess we have different perspective on all things.
  14. InnerBeast New Player

My response to you wasn't to voice any personal assumption about you. I stated the only two irrelevant reasons why I feel one would want to solo a raid so bad, and like I said, alot of people have been spoiled and handicapped by how easy the game has been the past two years, and alot of them have complained on the forums about the game being "too hard" now. And when you tried to justify why a raid NPC and a solo one should be equal, when they have NEVER been nor are they supposed to, you kinda didn't help yourself by avoiding the fall into that category.

My whole point is, there's a crap ton of other things way more important than one's ability to solo a raid, and Mepps told you multiple times that it's secondary. Not even a focus. We should look at the more important issued before this thing hits live. It's all perspective. So don't take it like I'm trying to insult. I just keep it real.
  15. JasonIsley Devoted Player

Lol exactly, the handicapped are losing their ramp.
    • Like x 2
  16. Proxystar #Perception

If I'm honest I'm failing to see how this is being perceived as a "curve" if I'm tier 8 and there is absolutely no difference in my raiding ability between tier 2 and tier 8, how is that a curve mex mex? that's not a curve that's a straight line with no gain.
    • Like x 2
  17. Serj Committed Player

a curve? one raid is tier 5.... you had to go through 1 2 3 and 4 to get to be able to do that raid. when you're tier 8 that's not 1 or 2 tiers behind... are you sure that's a curve? :rolleyes:
    • Like x 2
  18. EconoKnight XIII Legion

It's the horizon principle:

[IMG]

See the curve of the earth in there?
    • Like x 2
  19. mexmex Dedicated Player

I do agree, an oficial guidance will improve the new players experience. As for blind folllowing blind, there are plenty already anyway, but hey this revamp might help those blind people to open their eyes too. I am great for this curve, but also think that relevancy should go with it
  20. Proxystar #Perception

It was more so your assumption about my skill points and the like, but don't worry it's not an issue.

On point, I don't expect solo NPC's to match raid NPC's. In fact, it's actually the opposite. I expect raid NPC's to be harder and that's natural.

the point I was highlighting within my feedback was to bring to the forefront of everyones attention a very significant change to the way raiding will have to be approached post revamp.

And the question remains, at what point should we feel like we out-level raid content, because as it currently stands there is very little gain in terms of of this.

p.s. I have no problem with you keeping it 'real' haha :)
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.