GU73: The Stats Revamp

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Avair, Jul 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

If pfft don't match melee hybrid, all dps choice will be out the window. Please Don't bring up the "skill" excuse, because that excuse has been used to justify a lot and not once has it been true. This revamp need to be balanced for it to work. Making any playstyle superior to others will ensure that will be the dominant playstyle. Please devs listen to my advice
    • Like x 1
  2. Surtur Well-Known Player

I understand and that actually makes sense. More players in group means more health for NPC's needed because the damage out is more.
  3. Proxystar #Perception

Well I think that's already a given, based on the post I already made in those threads and I'll certainly post my feedback in those threads as I look at it.

My main question is at what point do you, the devs, anticipate I should be able to solo a raid NPC for example. Like clearly based on how it is on revamp right now I can't even solo a raid NPC that's tier 2 and I'm tier 8, that seems horrific.

You'll have to forgive me for replying in this thread for now as it's the one the discussion appears to be occurring within.

edit; I thought it might also mention, if we're expected to raid in parties again, do the rewards for doing it get elevated?
    • Like x 1
  4. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Are you saying you are not finding pftt and hybrid balanced? Or is your advice to focus on balance? Not quite following. Thanks.
  5. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Melee hybrid has a lot more risk to it then sitting there spamming powers, so yes it should hit harder to make up for the amount of times you need to avoid being countered, re-position yourself to avoid dying, etc. It's the reason rage melee falls behind now on live because that "matches" other power sets, yeah you see how that turns out :rolleyes:
    • Like x 4
  6. SilkyPawz Bunny

I have to interject here an say, I remember GU47 where you stated that anyone will be able to SOLO anything 2 teirs below their cr. No one will go back an run this content because , It's not worth the rewards , why gear up then? Why am I grinding to gear my toon so I can't go back an do a quick run of FOS? Sorry but that logic does not make any sense to me. Then take away relevancy an give full rewards/marks. So please confirm this is a bug or at cr 201 I will need 8 people to run FOS3? I would like a clarification to this.
    • Like x 5
  7. Surtur Well-Known Player

This right here makes me sick to my stomach. All I have to do is ask... WHY????
    Roleless buffs need to be removed from the game all together.
  8. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Again, missing the point. We're talking about NPCs way under your CR. The guy in the comments said he was CR98. The NPCs in T4 raids are CR92. One shots became a staple of the CR differential world. Anywho this has gone on for too long and isn't part of the revamp, so I'll leave it there.
  9. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Details as to your level/build and what you are trying to solo would be useful in terms of feedback. Again, that specific data point - when can I solo raid stuff - is not something that has been a focus of the revamp, and seems exceptionally secondary to realistic testing and play. Most group content these days literally cannot even be entered solo.
    • Like x 3
  10. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We are not operating under any such rule of thumb. I wouldn't expect you to need 8 people to run content that old, but please hop on and let us know how it feels. We are definitely looking for feedback on the new stat curve vs. what was on test previously.
  11. Surtur Well-Known Player

You're so full of BS it's not even funny. All three play styles were suppose to be on par with each other. Not one outclassing the other and you know it. That was the whole reason for the Revamp to begin with.
    • Like x 1
  12. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

On the dummies, they're not on par. In content, they will be. If you think it'll be an easy task to run up and punch a boss in the face with little to no risk, then I have to question whether you even tested anything in the last nine months.

And chill with the mouth foaming, no one's having your crap attitude so you can leave that at the door, please and thank you.
    • Like x 1
  13. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Removing roleless buffs is not something we are considering.
  14. SilkyPawz Bunny

Proxy just posted that video of FOS he got beaten like a rag doll...lol My league mate went an ran Khandag cr 201 Adds Killed him within minutes. So my issue or question is it a bug???
    • Like x 1
  15. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

I'm asking you(dcuo dev team) to balance all dps. Players are going to use the "skill" excuse. That excuse has been over used. If hybrid melee is stronger than the other ways of dps, I will bet dollars to donuts most dps in endgame content will be hybrid. This is coming from a player with 3 sorcery dps and 2 earth dps. Pfft can have the 7-22-25 rule that was used for the previous balance. Looking at DCUO history, the better dps style had always been chosen no matter the risk vs reward
  16. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I'm really hoping this is just a typo and you actually meant seconds
    • Like x 2
  17. mexmex Dedicated Player

As I said love this revamp, and the difficulty scaling slower as we progress, now, I think it might be a good move to remove the relevancy window, people with high cr and low SP will revisit old content to get those feats, it is fair to get marks for doing so, and maybe you could also remove the cap to marks of victory, since every episode has its own marks. and I am pretty sure a lot of people will be happy and it doesnt hurt the integrity of the game at all.
    • Like x 5
  18. Cjmd74 Active Player

"I'll believe it when I believe it."

-Yogi Berra
  19. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I agree if they leave lower tier difficulty as it is, it's only fair to give players max rewards and remove CR relevancy.
    • Like x 3
  20. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Within minutes?
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.