GU73: The Stats Revamp

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Avair, Jul 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

I Don't like Proxy at all, but I Don't get how you think he is trolling? This was one of the biggest concerns of u47(which the devs have said they Don't want repeated) and It's still seem to be a problem.
    • Like x 3
  2. mexmex Dedicated Player

I am so happy about this, this may make content relevancy last longer, since you know feats are involved, instead of running the same instance over and over again, great move, this might keep a more engaging content.
  3. Proxystar #Perception

Yes I get that, but what I've noticed is that raid NPC's of the same level hit harder and take less damage than solo NPC's of the same item level.

Are raid NPC's supposed to behave differently from solo NPC's for example. I understand we're supposed to outlevel content slower, but 5 tiers?

I made a post with some videos in the Tier 2 section thread, might be worth you checking out what I mean ;)

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/stats-revamp-tier-two-content.282045/
    • Like x 3
  4. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I can deny it, because GU47 didn't go live like that. The getting destroyed by low level adds in raids was during the first test phase of CR differential. It was changed to the way it is currently before it went live. There is still time for things to change before the revamp goes live, just like things changed with the CR differential before it went live.
    • Like x 2
  5. Surtur Well-Known Player

DUDE!!!!! YOU HAVE NOOOOOO IDEA....

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  6. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Sure. And we'll see how long it takes.

In Proxy's example, I'm not sure, but I think that's FoS 1? Six years ago. 6 years.

So let's all take a good look at where we'll be on Ultimate Soldier regular 6 years from now. And let's not even talk about DWF regular given it seems to play by its own scaling rules.
    • Like x 1
  7. light FX Steadfast Player

100% not true. Prime was like that on live after gu47. There are still multiple videos on yt from that time that show. There were also issues with paradox on live with cr differential where people would do way less dmg but then when they went up 1 more cr point their dmg escalated a ton. Not gonna post about this again. That stuff 100% happened. Go search yt, its there.
    • Like x 3
  8. Surtur Well-Known Player

What are you smokin????? CR GU 47 went live all FUBAR. Heck....You can run expert FOS as we speak and it's STILL............. FUBAR and we are going GU 73. Denial is not a river in Egypt.
    • Like x 2
  9. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Yes, raid NPCs are harder than solo NPCs.

Edit: To the second part, we'd expect a raid group to cruise through a raid 5 tiers back. The when-can-I-solo-it or the how-long-can-I-take-hits-afk questions are very much secondary.
    • Like x 4
  10. Proxystar #Perception

What I think the issue is and I was just thinking it, is that there's an assumption the "back catalogue" of the game for lack of a better phrase has been tested and I think an assumption has been made that it's working correctly.

The reality is the players aren't even testing it, they're all on test server running SJ&WC.

I actually don't think there's much wrong with the most recent content. The issue appears to be NPC scaling and the like in earlier content

and like you say how slow are we actually looking at "over gearing".
  11. Surtur Well-Known Player

I just came back from Washington & Colorado.....I don't have stuff as good as he is on. LOL

correct me if I am wrong... Expert FOS is still FUBAR. I remember Gates being jacked up after GU 47 too.
  12. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

No one is denying anything, Im saying post it in the tier 2, 3, 4 thread, or whatever because that's designated area, as Mepps just said above. I agree it's broken, but no offense, you seem to jump at the chance to bash the revamp and anyone that's in support of it so I expected this kind of reply honestly.
    • Like x 4
  13. Proxystar #Perception

Is there a reason behind that? So is basically your answer "you intend people not to solo raid content".

It's ok if that is your answer I just want to know if that's the intent up front ;)
    • Like x 1
  14. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Prime being solod the day after GU47 released:
  15. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Do pfft match melee hybrid?
  16. Jafin 10000 Post Club

? Light was talking about NPCs way under our CR doing a ton of damage to us. I have no issues soloing the FoS raids (aside from FoS2 because of the portions that require more than one person) and have been doing it for a long time.
  17. Surtur Well-Known Player

I guess you forgot the part about some of the NPC's scaling to highest CR in the group. I sure in the heck remember that.
  18. Proxystar #Perception

I noticed you made the edit, so I anticipate that answers my follow up question, you expect us to "raid" going forward.

This could be interesting, like I said I'm not concerned that's your approach and I appreciate your candor.

I am still concerned about the degree at which it's sitting at though, are the developers still open to changes on this point?
  19. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Raid NPCs have always been harder than alert NPCs, which have always been harder than duo NPCs, which have always been harder than solo NPCs. They reflect the challenge expected and intended. Again, if you think a certain set of NPCs or tier of NPCs is too hard, please post it in the threads. If you think you are not progressing enough from level to level, please note that with details as well.
    • Like x 3
  20. Surtur Well-Known Player

Read the comments on the video you posted. They even said things were messed up.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.