GU73: The Stats Revamp - July 21, 2017

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Avair, Jul 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

FC doesn't work the same. Also; FC is a 150 power cost on test.

What your thinking of is Fireburst and even then, I haven't been able to use it or Mass Det without running Dry on test.

I can understand the fact that Celestial is slower; but I think the power regeneration for the other powersets shouldn't be so much as to the point you are limited to just spam one move if you want to go PFTT.

And if that's the case; then that's gonna make PFTT more boring than it ever was on Live.

I just find it annoying I have to sit there and yell at the controller because Fire demands so much power consumption; yet Slow Celestial is A: Keeping up and eventually surpasses me. B: doesn't demand nearly as much power.

In the end I'm getting more of a feeling that Hybrid or weapons are gonna come across as a Forced Playstyle rather than an choice here simply because PFTT's power regeneration is awesome for some powersets like Celestial; yet it absolutely sucks when it comes to powersets like ice and fire.
  2. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

Adding defense and health would make that a tank option which would further separate decisions for support roles..
    • Like x 2
  3. VioletSorceress Committed Player

Hybrid already has Resto+Domi and SuperPowered has Power, adding adequate Health or Health+Defense bonuses to Weapons Expert wont make it definitive tanking Mastery it will just make it as valuable choice. Even if Health+Defense sound very good, remember that it comes with worst Power regen compared to other 2 masteries. Plus it only make sense to give these support stats to Weapon Expert, that way all stats will be evenly distributed through all 3 masteries.

Well that calls more for a lowering of the costs of Fireburst and Frostblast rather than being a problem with Power mastery itself.
    • Like x 3
  4. Goddesssilver Well-Known Player

Alerts always were easy test the raids that's where it matters. Also this is useless if you were over geared post your stats.
    • Like x 3
  5. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Yeah but Fire PFTT is already somewhat lack luster, if you lower the cost then the damage gets nerfed.

I would agree with you if it wasn't for the fact they have their trade off system on test right now.
    • Like x 1
  6. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

Yeah.... Arkham Assylum at tier says otherwise.
    Do your thing, i´ll do mine.
  7. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

Well something needs to happen with WE, because right now is the ugly brother of the masteries.
  8. Goddesssilver Well-Known Player

Post your stats this is useless info if you were overgeared.
    • Like x 4
  9. VioletSorceress Committed Player

I think the problem is that Fireburst and Frostblast have a very high cost that is paid at once and in long run you cant recover from that power fluctuation. Maybe power cost dont even need to be lowered but another solution like paying half the cost at activation and then paying the second half when and if the ability hits a target would make spending power more evened out through time so the power return can compensate. Sort of how Combo powers have their costs spread through initial ability cast and each following combo, they would be in big trouble if power cost had to be paid at once with initial ability activation.
    • Like x 4
  10. VioletSorceress Committed Player

We should probably discuss how any PftT DPS hits a wall at 235 SP (60 in crits + 175 Power/Might).
    What is a PftT DPS to do with the extra SP to further increase his damage or power pool?

Movement and Iconic superpowers and Supercharges dont offer anything stronger than what all power sets already have. Most are with CC effects so its understandable that damage cant be super high.
    Some SP could be invested in Movement passive Immunities and passive power restoring powers from using normal Breakout.
    1 SP could be invested in Robot Sidekick if you have a free LO spot and can afford power return penalty.
    Some SP could be invested in getting properly specced weapon.
    Maybe get some Health for survival.

Those are hardly ideal options!
    • Like x 3
  11. silikyan Well-Known Player

Time to test Mepps,
    Let´s go go go almost Time.
    Super Hyped

Ps: Agree with
    stärnbock- hybrid could be 5% bonus of prec & might instead of 10%might since it´s hybrid but no biggie.
    • Like x 2
  12. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I wonder why they established a cap at 175? Even if there were somewhat diminishing returns at that point for might or...past 175 could give extra power only...hmm, both seem like good options.
    • Like x 2
  13. silikyan Well-Known Player

Fight Fight Fight,
    keep posting vids always like them.
  14. KeeblerElf Well-Known Player

That was a pretty big concern for combo powers such as light atomic celestial and rage really dont play well with weapons nor should they as combo powers should combo for their damage. Other powers can use play from the tray when they have 230ish skillpoints and as they reach more can move over to the weapon playstyle to increase their damage by specing both prec and might increasing the glass cieling. Unfortunatley i cant really think of a solution at this point in the update for that.
  15. Korlick Loyal Player

While youre doing this, could it be posible to re-work the OP gear? I mean...so its not always a DPS affinity.
    • Like x 3
  16. Trexlight Devoted Player

For folks wondering what to do after the initial 175 on a Stat are maxed, remember the Devs have said that the MAX Stat number will be getting increased every Episode so the 175 is our Current Max. What the new Max will be is up in the air atm because they have not shared that info nor if the next Episode will begin that increase.

Just have to wait for the Devs to announce it but again, they have stated the 175 is not the final Max number.
    • Like x 7
  17. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

This is not the thread to discuss cr relevancy, so this will be the only comment. Cr relevancy is in place for progression. Most of the game is still using the unified Mark, and it's not intended for people to complete, for example, one tier one raid to level into tier eight. Please make a thread in Gotham to discuss as it is not related to the revamp or testing.
    • Like x 4
  18. light FX Steadfast Player

Mepps we should be posting our cr, what content we ran, our spec, what power we played, etc still right? Before the hotfix last night i thought that was the info u guys were asking for. Correct? Just wanna make sure going forward when i post any feedback from test.
  19. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

There is no cap. There are more skill points available than players can yet earn.
    • Like x 2
  20. The Anxient Loyal Player

Believe they're referring to the maximum 175 sp that can be put into each stat
    • Like x 6
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.