GU73: The Stats Revamp - July 21, 2017

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Avair, Jul 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Lift is one of the few powers that I can only use that will benefit from enemies being Graviton Charged in a Graviton charged loadout; If there was another option besides Lift that's also a 200 I would use it; but unfortunately there's not.

I also tried Accuiberre wave like I mentioned in my post, but when I did use it; my power regeneration dropped fairly significantly.
    • Like x 1
  2. Harlequin Devoted Player

I'm honestly not sure they should. Soloing raids (to me anyway) is something to do for fun, to stretch the limits of a toon, to use weird loadouts and adapt to the encounters to overcome the challenge. Even as a duo, this content would be trivial and wouldn't take that much time. A group of four would curbstomp all of it.

Tons of people seem to want to farm styles and crap from the content, too. Finding groups shouldn't be that hard if that is true.
    • Like x 2
  3. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Okay I need to get this adressed.. why is Celestial so efficient?

Other powersets drain a good chunk of my power bar when I'm using 300's, but celestial is on a whole different level compared to the rest of the powersets; With this powerset I can fully play from the tray, non stop. Other powersets make me struggle in comparison.
    It's not balanced especially compared to power hungry fire or even Rage for that matter.

Could yall look into maybe making the powersets efficient like celestial is? I understand celestial is combo based, but so is rage and HL and they demand way more than what celestial does now on test for DPS.

To everyone else who's Celestial, I'm sorry to shoehorn your beloved powerset like this; but.. This just ain't right.
    • Like x 3
  4. Shark Dental Devoted Player

It's similar to fire, but with other powers you're not using. Celestials intermediate move between each part of the combo stretches it out a lot. So the costs are there, but they take longer to execute. Same thing with Flame Cascade (450 cost I think). It costs a lot but usually ends up giving you more power than it takes because of the cast time. Mind you, I haven't tested FC tonight yet, but that's what I noticed in the previous iteration.
    • Like x 3
  5. light FX Steadfast Player

I see your point. I was using something else but cant remember atm. Im not able to jump on test right now either. I will 2mor tho. When i do ill let ya know what my loadout for pftt was. Cause lately i was doing mostly hybrid. But i have a pftt spec saved on an armory.
  6. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Rage demands more because of the speed of its combos. If you're clipping one power with another, that's even more. You can do the same damage (at least could in last iteration) as celestial, but in way, way less time. With light, it depends on how you play. If you do power/construct, power/construct, it's a problem. Maybe try power/construct/construct in non-raid content.

These are just observations, like I said I'll be testing later tonight to double-check for myself.
    • Like x 1
  7. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

What exactly would be the harm in dropping CR relevancy now that we again have separate currencies for each new DLC?

People would at least stand a bit more of a chance of acquiring old styles. It's not as if getting five or ten Marks of Victory that still, for new players, have to be split against all the old content combined, is going to result in people rapidly getting all the old styles. It'll still be a snail's pace crawl that's really far too much to expect anyone to do.

But at least dropping CR relevancy would help with that major problem for new players a bit. I don't understand how it would unduly advantage anyone or make anything significantly too easy for anyone.

Even doing old raids still takes a major commitment of time, other than Paradox, Prime, and FOS 3. It would really kill you to give people the regular number of Marks of Victory for high CR players who go back to do Kahndaq or Batcave? Um, why? It's not like the days when you'd get 8,290 MoV, or whatever, for just-below-tier raids/instances.

In short, I just don't understand the harm that would be done to dropping CR relevancy now and I don't understand the benefit of keeping it.

Could you help us, or at least me, understand what the remaining point is of CR relevancy that only affects Marks of Victory which now allow only the purchase of old gear?

If so, thanks!
    • Like x 6
  8. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Can you really zip through the Batcave in a non-trivial amount of time? Can you solo Kahndaq? Or T6 and T7 raids?

Meanwhile, we can drop into Paradox at CR 201 and get 5 Marks of Victory, but somehow that's terrible if we got that many marks for a long raid, but it's fine to get them for a three minute raid.

How this is consistent and rational reasoning, or supposed to be, I don't know.
    • Like x 2
  9. Harlequin Devoted Player

Who said "zip through?" I solo old raids in WoW for a fun challenge, or at least I used to before they buffed the holy **** out of us in them. I don't care if it takes 4 hours to clear a raid if I had fun doing it.

I just tried out Prime at cr166 and it was not faceroll. I need to tailor my loadout and pay more attention to Magic so he doesn't insta-gib me with meatballs but I'm having fun.
  10. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Looks good on paper and I'm excited. Will be test healing tomorrow morning. Just two questions.

1. Has this affected PvP/ has their been PvP tweaks or does this affect PvP negatively?

2. Since it's taking a little longer to complete content have speed feats been adjusted? It's not a major concern since I have every speed feat but I was just wondering.
    • Like x 1
  11. Black Jaq Devoted Player

12. stärnbock Devoted Player

Question:
    What about CC in teleporter raids?
    At 201 i can still do nothing that effects enemy targets,
    Though they are 100cr lower.... Even worse: i cant breakout of most encasements... Subconstruct, anyone?
    • Like x 1
  13. stärnbock Devoted Player

Question: nature transformations are not working with weapon experts, because they have no WM combos, right?
  14. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Me and some friends are messing with dps, and everything is looking to be pretty even so far, even with different play styles. Im kind of impressed, good job. More balance then the AMs ever achieved lol.
    • Like x 8
  15. TestReporter Loyal Player

Well, speed feats were made to be completed when the content was released, i guess it's gonna be harder than before to get them but not difficult at all, you still won't die in the old content.
  16. Goddesssilver Well-Known Player

You nuts this is 9999999 better then GU47 hell I think they finally might have it right this time only thing that might be a hassle is running raid content that's lower. Let's see how testing go's
    • Like x 3
  17. stärnbock Devoted Player

Still a few minor issues... However:
    i guess it will be ready next week...!
    You have earned my aproval devs:
    Good job. You worked hard an deserve
    Respect. Now, into the details please ;)
    DCUO REVAMPED AWESOMNESS ^^
    • Like x 2
  18. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Yeah this hotfix should have been what came out for GU 73 initially. Basically 95% of all issues were addressed and it's looking great so far, can;t wait to test raids tomorrow to see what the buffed boss mechanics are doing. So far, only major issue we came across was prec build for hybrid is slightly underperforming which may be fixed if they add the 10% weapon buff to hybrid mastery as well. Other then that (also atomic combos are slightly overperforming), it got my seal of approval dps wise so far.
    • Like x 2
  19. OrbitLimon Level 30

People do not like long runs, cutscenes and dumb players. I just hope that someday we can avoid 2 of 3.
    • Like x 2
  20. Goddesssilver Well-Known Player

Ugh damn they didn't add power to dom stat for tanks or power to resto for healers and power to vit for trolls only thing missing to make this near perfect. I feel it's gonna be a waste of sp speccing into might as support roles that only benefits dps. Would be nice if in tank stance we get to spec differently seems lIke they still favoring dps by power being under might. Also tanks seems to be the only role that doesn't get to spec into its innates first all roles get to spec on their main innates. Tanks screwed again :(
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.