GU73: Sorcery

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Mepps, Jul 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VioletSorceress Committed Player

Yeah, Pet shields should return to PvE.
    • Like x 3
  2. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Hey now, I'd vote for buffing hots, but don't remove the possibility of being able to go hybrid. And yes, some of us do care. ;) Just like on live, I'm looking forward to carrying two heals. In get a lot of hate, but oh well. Same goes for trolling. I'm looking forward to trying to put together a good hybrid toon.

Buff the heals devs!
    • Like x 1
  3. VioletSorceress Committed Player

I wouldnt mind if Soul Siphon and Shard of Life are full healing abilities in Healer role with no damage component and their healing effects and range get increased or if they get additional type of healing procs/HoTs.

For me, Transmutation and Soul Barrage are better hybrid options since they are both faster, cost less power and so I can clip weapon combos all the time without running out of power.
  4. Celestial Powers Committed Player

Oh yeah, HoTs all across the board need buffs, more so Sorcery if the range things aren't going to be adjusted, I'd probably say that if they aren't it'd be burst or bust for Sorcery. Only really made the comment regarding the hybrid abilities because there are four of them now which makes it really limiting to decide what to put on your loadout since HoTs are weak and the hybrid abilities are healing less than average compared to counterparts in other healing power sets which can also apply healing effects much easier.

Trolling atm only needs one due the latest patch, dps are regenerating way too much power / power pools are too big. They need to reduce the regen from the superpowered focus or remove the power stat from the might tree, it's basically AM level bad. On top of this tanks bigger power pool renders most of their power issues obsolete since passive regen and PoT is more than enough for them.
    • Like x 2
  5. planetkiller500 Active Player

Were getting closer and closer for the revamp at this point, i will be happy if they just increase Hots.
  6. Kestral Committed Player

Sorcery
    • Ritualistic Word - Now restores a small amount of Power to your Watcher.
    Legends
    • Added passive in-combat power regen to Legends characters.
    First of all bless your souls for both of these ^. Healing with sorcery will be viable with this restoration of function & omg that is so useful for legends I did not expect fixes for that.
    • Watcher - Removed the passive heal aura.
    Second regarding this^ I think you believe Watcher is a little more OP than it actually is in most groupings. I don't really care that RW only powers the watcher for 25% because lets be honest i'm spamming that ability the most out of my loadout. Depending on the watchers output it's most likely going to have some power usually. However, I considered the Passive heal aura a good trade for the loss of CoP to players who had left it's range of effect and even to some degree the loss of the watchers shield.
    All in all it was just a really neat addition to Sorcery's range healing, which has been desperately needed, that I never got to really test due to the inability to provide power to the watcher without RW. Please consider restoring it even if you want to reduce the values of healing it can provide with the passive.
  7. Celestial Powers Committed Player

The watcher healing passive was literally for 100s, I'd let it go tbh, didn't do much.
  8. Derio 15000 Post Club

TBH the watcher heals were very weak and just having the watcher reduces your passive power regen. HoT for all powers is low, the question is this because they expect alerts to be mostly burst and little to no damage to players. While raids are heavy damage to where 2 healers HoT make up for the nerf.
  9. Catnip New Player

I think it'd be neat if the Watcher performed as its name implies: watch the group's health and if someone drops below 15% it would give them an instant 50% heal at the expense of half its power... healer would need to keep an eye on the watcher's power level and recharge (i.e. with RW or Offering) after a couple rescues.

As long as Watcher's power remained at 100% it would provide a small heal aura.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.