GU73: Sorcery

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Mepps, Jul 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fies Committed Player

Clipped by/with other powers. Not only with WoD.
  2. planetkiller500 Active Player

What about shard of life has anyone tried using it in healer role. On live it works pretty well just it healing tick could use a boost
  3. VioletSorceress Committed Player

Could Transmutation's on point healing effect be moved to the Supercharge generator - Karmic Suspension ?
  4. Kestral Committed Player

I plan to try that today but I've found on live it works well with mobs but is useless with single boss battles.
    Will update later.
  5. Fearless Fury New Player

Please do not take this the wrong way. Not trying to bash or anything like that, but in my opinion that is not correct. On live SoL can be used effectively on single targets. You would use it for example on a boss to help mitigate the damage the tank is taking. You could also throw CoP on the tank and every now and then hit the boss with SoL. Now if you are trying to use it as your main source of heals, then yes it will not do the job.
  6. planetkiller500 Active Player

On live shard put out a decent amount heals because you could stack heals with it the bad thing was its range you had to be some what close to the boss or who was near you at the time.
  7. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

You tested it on test or live? No fixes have been done on live. These are all test notes.
  8. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

No. He means clippable like the same move earth has. Forget the name, but I saw it is clippable and sorcerys is not.

Why is crystal and sorcery not hitting 100% the Same?
  9. L T Devoted Player

I have to test, but offering is definitely clippable with heals and with weapon of destiny. Haven't checked consumables, but it seems generally the same as on live.
  10. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

I was responding to the person who said fury Don't miss on live
  11. planetkiller500 Active Player

I wonder what move the fury would need to not miss as often, i was thinking karmic backlash because it smashes the ground but idk.
  12. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Cool, so they matched earth now. I believe before, you could not use offering as a clip.
  13. L T Devoted Player

Just jumped on test. You can clip offering with:
    • invocation of renewal
    • ritualistic word
    • weapon of destiny
    • soda
    • self-buff trinket
    Exactly the same as fortify golem. you cannot clip either one with
    • summon pet
    • summon sidekick
    • summon anything else
    • offensive powers
    They're both the same as far as what you can clip them with. I didn't try everything in the game, but I tried a whole bunch of powers and trinkets with both powers. If anyone knows of a case where fortify golem can be clipped by something it shouldn't be clipped by, please post.

Fortify Golem is a 300 cost ability. Offering is only 200. The only real damaging 300 cost ability that Sorcery has now is Shard of Life.

I would suggest Sorcery get at least one more high cost/high damage ability. Doesn't need to be Offering.
    • Like x 1
  14. planetkiller500 Active Player

Thanks for testing that. By any chance did you see how shard of life ticks are hiting, it would be nice to compare both healer side and dps but etheir one is fine.
  15. Kestral Committed Player

No offense taken I’d only recently tried to use it at all on live and tried to replace CoP with SoL which is not useful unless you are in a mob situation. I actually had trouble telling that SoL worked at all for healing when used on a single boss.
    In test I tried two different loadouts during the saving justice alert.
    Watcher, Offering, Boon of Souls, Rejuvenate, Ritualistic World, Transcendence (watcher was not helpful at all for keeping the group up even when I wasted another ability slot to keep it in power)
    &
    Boon of Souls, Shard of Life, Rejuvenate, Ritualistic World, Circle of Protection, Transcendence (very spam happy healing that the troll could not keep up with, while providing me little benefit to using SoL over the normal Rejuvenate/Ritualistic World instants.

End result neither of those loadouts actually allowed me to keep a group of 2 dps, and a troll (all at CR201) up though the boss fights and even the mobs were a bit difficult to get though. While not an ideal grouping if I tried this on live where my watcher is powered by RW I could have kept this group up.

Beyond wanting this side ability to RW to be restored so Watcher can be used again. Has anyone else found a loadout that would allow you to single heal a raid? While it is nice to run with a 2nd healer on occasion that actually happens next to never in this game and so sorcery needs to be able to hold its own.
  16. planetkiller500 Active Player

Have you tried trans, someone told me its burst heals are decent, but idk if thats ture.
  17. L T Devoted Player

Base damage numbers: multiply by might (divided by 100 to make %) divided by 2 and subtract 20% for your enemies' defense:
    Shard does about 48 base damage plus 6 ticks of 6-7 base damage for a total of 70 average base damage.

Compare to other 300 cost abilities (they have varying cooldowns, range, and animation times, so damage variance is expected):
    • EMP: 77 base damage (mid-range only)
    • Voltaic Blast : 65
    • Wildfire: 60 (heals?)
    • Alcubierre Wave: 61 (mid-range, weak-ish)
    • Tectonic Break: 67
    • TK Bolt: 61 (fast animation)
    • Ice Boulder Strike: 65
    Given this group, I thought that Shard of Life is right about where it should be, damage-wise. I haven't retested sorcery since the healing updates, so I'm not sure where it is in healer stance.
  18. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Is offering now a beneficial power? Why are people talking bout what offering can be clipped with? On revamp only certain powers can be clipped?
  19. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

He not saying offering can clip powers, he is telling you what offering can be clipped with. That's irrelevant information.
  20. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Are you sure you tried to clip offering with offensive powers? Or just stuck with healer powers? Because fortify golem I was clipping with tectonic break and other offensive powers in earth. I couldn't clip offering with transmute, shard, or any of the other offensive powers in sorc.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.