GU73: Sorcery

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Mepps, Jul 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. L T Devoted Player

That's actually been mostly fixed for a while. You'll frequently see him apparently miss--- but then the target takes damage anyway.

I believe it's a different attack under revamp-- transmutation I think-- and it doesn't miss.
  2. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

What's the deal with circle of protection heals. Still step out and lose the hot? If so can we please get a dev to explain the reason for this.
  3. planetkiller500 Active Player

Please make cop heal when you step out of the circle. Idk why it was removed.
    • Like x 1
  4. SSB Active Player

I suggested a way to make it better but apparently nobody gives a crap. It just might go live the way it is now.
    • Like x 1
  5. planetkiller500 Active Player

I just got done reading the overall damage thread and it seems that fury is underpreforming and the dots from circle of destruction too. Can cod get a buff?, Earth crystal is hiting twice and hiting almost double of fury this needs to be looked into. Thank you
  6. Fearless Fury New Player

They say that they hear us. They say they have read our suggestions and will take them into account. So then why is it there is nothing being done about the many things people have asked for. For example, Ritualist Word, Circle of Protection, Balancing Fury ( to be more on par with Crystal ), and of course better Range for most of the healing powers. One of the testers have have seen posting in almost all of the Sorcery testing threads has commented and asked for these and other changes. Only to be ignored after putting, only what I can assume to be, countless of hours in testing in. It is almost to the point where it seems like they are trying to punish both the dps and healing side of the Sorcery power set. I really would like the dev or devs working on this to please listen and make some better changes. Please, please do so. I want come back. I want to sub again. Please just give me a reason to.
  7. L T Devoted Player

Circle is not underperforming in my tests. It's the same strength as Electric, Ice, and Rage, and does slightly more total damage than Earth and Quantum's similar abilities.

Crystal vs Fury: I'm guessing that they wanted to make Earth and Sorcery a little different from each other, and the results still need tweaking.
    • Like x 1
  8. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

It hasn't been fixed. Fury still miss all the time. When people said it was fixed I tested it(on live) and it wasn't.
  9. silikyan Well-Known Player

Circle we mean to keep heal when stepping out like on live only that, like on live, and range heal of shard-7m minimum range, 13m would maybe it a lot better but i thk if they havent touched it maybe is harder than we think idk-.
    One thing i know on live i´m socery but i thk i´ll go electric when it hits live i´m liking electric quite a lot
  10. L T Devoted Player

Oops. misunderstood. Haven't compared the various HoTs.
  11. Kestral Committed Player

So I've been testing sorcery. So far there is no change to the dmg side that's really going to affect me (dmg perception is identical) other than learning to live without the crit dmg from weapons master. So all good there we knew that was coming.

I am having problems with the healing side though.
    FYI: my normal loadout is - Watcher, Boon of Souls, Rejuvenate, Ritualistic World, Circle of Protection, Transcendence

Any Sorc players know that Circle of protection is basicly useless to anyone but the tank, because anyone else standing that close to the boss/mob is going to die. However Watcher is not enough to keep a tank up. Therefore CoP for Tanks and instants + watcher for everyone else.

On Test - Ritualistic World no longer provides shielding and power to the Watcher. I would have to add Offering keep the pet in power which would mean I would need to drop CoP entirely. I've yet to be able to get into a raid on test to find out for myself but is Watcher capable of providing enough consistent HoT to keep the Tank and group up without CoP? Also how's it's survivability without the shield?
    • Like x 1
  12. planetkiller500 Active Player

Rw needs to power watcher and offering needs to power fury just like on live.
    • Like x 1
  13. DynamiteGal Active Player

Been on test on and off throughout this long process. I've made notes and written down load outs. And after each update I test those same powers and same load outs in the same way in the same instances. This is to see how different the changes are each time. I mostly ran Science Sphere solo at 190. All was decent up til this last update. I read the forums and saw how comments were made that pets were hitting too hard, but I think in fixing them they broke them badly. I was dying in the Science Sphere solo with load outs that I knew worked and had to pop a soda to live and use henchmen and orbital. At 190 in this solo, that is a very bad sign.

Found the problem.
    My Cr: 190. Fury's cr: 165. That has to be a major bug. This came after the comments about how they were nerfing pets, I really really hope this is a bug and not the fix. Checked other pets. Gaurdian, watcher. 165. switched to earth. brick and crystal, yep 165. Switch to nature: swarm 165. Didn't bother checking the rest from there. It is clear that all pets are not at matching player cr.

Please tell me this is a bug and all pets will be back to matching player cr when this goes live.
    • Like x 1
  14. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Correct, Circle does not under perform. I tested prior to the full GU, Sorcery's burst abilities were stronger than Earth's and Soul Well does twice the damage of Totem. If anything it locks Earth almost exclusively into using Crystal while still leaving some potential for Sorcery dumping the Fury.
  15. Zamara Dedicated Player

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...date-73-the-stats-revamp.288425/#post-3980728 Pets' CR being lower than player's CR is noted as a known issue in that post ^^
  16. planetkiller500 Active Player

Will the pets stay 165 or are they supposed to be at current cr?
  17. SSB Active Player

After we summon a pet why can't we just tap the key/button we summoned it with to give it power which would free up a power slot?
    • Like x 1
  18. Fies Committed Player

Offering really needs to be clippable.
  19. Dead13 Well-Known Player

Plz, make transformatıon to the agent of destıny lıke wolf transformatıon ın nature! ;)
  20. L T Devoted Player

Do you mean it should clip other abilities? Because it can be clipped with weapon of destiny
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.