GU73: Quantum

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Mepps, Jul 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Surtur Well-Known Player

Quantums power consumption using PftT is not very good at all and the 6 seconds on TB is a travesty. All in all Quantum is a very clunky power that has too much power consumption as compared to the other powers.
    • Like x 2
  2. Black Jaq Devoted Player

6 seconds is good. 4 seconds was rubbish.
  3. SilkyPawz Bunny

I disagree compared to other powers that I tested, 6 seconds is rubbish. The damage on it for 6 seconds isn't even worth to have time bomb on your loadout anymore.
  4. SilkyPawz Bunny

Out of 3 to 4 other powers I tested Quantum has the worst power regen. I agree to maintain your power with Quantum you need to do Hybrid build. Unless you just spam 100 power cost, powers, which I don't have to do with any other power. My point in this is as stated if all powers are balanced Quantum isn't compared to other powers and power regen.
  5. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Just think of it as a short DoT. It's not really designed to be the main hitter in your loadout, and isn't forced anymore either. If you don't want to use it don't. 6 seconds is great for a variety of playstyles, including weapon attacks, whereas 4 seconds only lets you use a few very specific powers if you want to hit cap.
    • Like x 1
  6. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Not that I'm saying that compromising at 5 seconds wouldn't have been a good idea.
    • Like x 1
  7. light FX Steadfast Player

Spot on. I know you're right. Ive tested it more then any other power. Hyrbid imo is much better. Dps is about speed. And 6 seconds for something to hit or be casted again vs 4 seconds means its slower and u will do less damage. Ive parsed so many loadouts and rotations and all im gonna say is i wont have time bomb in my loadout/rotation ;) Cant remember if proxy posted his video or not from the AF3 solo. If he didnt post it well i did see it and some of the loadouts people have been putting out there for quantum are nowhere near optimal. Doing less dmg so ya dont run out of power is weak imo.

I said it yesterday too, we need to stop thinking of pftt meaning ya always have a troll with ya. Of course u wont run out of power then. And its not realistic to think people are going to have multiple armories for quantum dps. Surtur idk how much u have tested it or parsed it but my advice would be try some different abilities and go hybrid ;) Lastly spamming 1 or 2 100 cost powers over and over is so much worse then AMs. Its beyond boring.
    • Like x 2
  8. Shark Dental Devoted Player

What rotation were you using? If your forcing the time bomb (300 up front), grav well (300) and distortion wave (300) then yep, you're definitely going to have problems. For your feedback (which is great that you're giving it) to have weight, you'd need to post the rotations that you're using for each power and their cost. Otherwise we have no way to repeat or verify what you're saying.
    • Like x 1
  9. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I'm wondering if there's a way for the devs to give PftT (Superpowered Mastery) players some kind of regen buff in solo and duo content. I don't know if you've noticed, but the stabilizer duo has something tweaked even now. The power regen in there is crazy good, so you can pretty much do whatever you want. That would be a fun idea (maybe not as intense, but comparatively increased) for that kind of content. That said, I understand that in alerts they have to be careful because you need a balance between "I'm not dying if there isn't a troll" role-less buffs and "I'm kicking any troll that comes into my alert." Trolls should be valuable as teammates, but not necessary to play the game and enjoy it.
  10. SilkyPawz Bunny

I spent like 5 hours on test with Quantum an like 3 or 4 hours the other days. I don't have Time bomb in my loadout , but even for the power cost it doesn't do the damage as other powers with 300 power cost, even Albiquiree wave (however it is spelled) LoL :oops:

Quantum is lacking when it comes to damage, an power regen unless you spam 100 power costs ...lol

Quantum does feel very clunky to me no matter what my loadout is. I never said it was a main hitter at all, it's just blehhh lol :p
    • Like x 2
  11. SilkyPawz Bunny

Only 300 power cost I have now in the loadout I liked best was Gravity well. Like I said I can't even list all the loadouts I tried. I used anamoly for awhile an that was only to build the super charge an it does do a bit more damage with warp barrage, but I even removed that.
  12. SilkyPawz Bunny

All in my I think Quantum has a power regen problem compared to , Celestial, Mental, Earth. I didn't have issues with power regen at all with any of those powers.
  13. Black Jaq Devoted Player

The seemed to have standardized everything to base 12 though. Going to 5 seconds would mean Gravity Well and Warped Reality won't line up to go with a weapon oriented Time Bomb loadout. Potential difficulties if you would use it in PftT too.
    • Like x 1
  14. Surtur Well-Known Player

Yes, PftT should be viewed as AM light with a lot more options basically. The controller should not even be in the equation when it comes down to PftT.

The Devs seem to have a tendency to forget about huge portions of their customer base
    ( The customers that pay their salary no less ).

I just think .......WOW.
  15. Surtur Well-Known Player

If I remember correctly, five seconds was offered as a compromise to the 4 & 6 second people. Five seconds works with PftT & hybrid but six seconds only works well with hybrid. So let's screw one group of players instead of a logical compromise that would have satisfied both groups.
    • Like x 2
  16. light FX Steadfast Player

Ok well i can understand that logic, of saying pftt is AM cause its using powers only which was the same as AM. And yes it has more options. So i get what you're saying. But people are gonna clip tap wpn attacks between powers so that isnt the exact same as AMs. Tbh ive given up on pftt. I find the entire 3 play style thing to be a waste of time because the devs say hybrid is the standard and what most people should doing. We know 1 play style will be superior who why even have 3 to begin with? Even discussing all of it make my head hurt. I think having 3 play style that are viable is a nice idea. Can they actually do it? Well that remains to be seen.
    • Like x 1
  17. Black Jaq Devoted Player

5 seconds was never offered. Again, 5 seconds would not work well with a weapon oriented playstyle because of 12 second WR cooldown. 5 doesn't divide into 12 evenly, 6 does. It screws a group of players. Also please explain why 6 seconds doesn't work with PftT.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.