GU73: Light

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Mepps, Jul 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Please use this thread to discuss Light in the Stats Revamp.
  2. L T Devoted Player

Whip Thrash: still not doing damage like a melee lunge, and it should be. Initial cast needs a 20% ish damage buff to be on par with forward flip attack.

Entrap's Swing Combo is in the same state-- though I don't know how much power that costs. It's currently a long animation that lunges you into melee range. Lunge powers are doing ~28-30 base damage now, but Light's lunges are doing much less. Swing is only doing about 22 base damage-- and swing is a really long animation.

Is this a crowd control thing? Putting aside from the fact that you can't CC in dps stance in most content (so crowd control isn't worthwhile at all) could you maybe alternate CC and non-CC for the combos? Middle hit weak with CC but first and last hard with no CC? That sort of thing?
    • Like x 2
  3. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Is it intended that the non-construct version of minigun cannot be used while moving?
  4. VioletSorceress Committed Player

There are still a lot of channeled abilities that are not fully mobile. It was one of the most requested quality of life changes but I guess Devs didnt get to it.

Minigun and Sorcery's Soul Storm are still not mobile. I think none of the Iconic channeled abilities are mobile either.
  5. L T Devoted Player

I dunno but that's the way it is on live.
  6. bmce84 Loyal Player

Can someone update me on what where the final changes to Light since I can't find the last thread about it before this.
  7. Swiftduck Loyal Player

i noticed light is completely left out of the gu73 patch notes.
  8. CassUV Well-Known Player

9. bmce84 Loyal Player

So are we supposed to be able to pretty much infinite combo?
  10. Surtur Well-Known Player

Go power mastery, PftT, mod your gear and then yes....It's really easy.
  11. bmce84 Loyal Player

I didn't even need to mod, yes I had nearly maxed out my Might stats in the power mastery but I didn't think it would be so efficient. Well at least the power is more or less as it should be, so that's one good thing from the revamp.
    • Like x 1
  12. L T Devoted Player

You can chain combos pretty efficiently, but the damage tends to be low
    • Like x 1
  13. Mighty Committed Player

Hey guys, I'd had some thoughts on HL trolling that I put in the 1.7 light thread basically minutes before all the 1.7 stuff was archived to make way for GU 73 threads. Here's my suggestion:

My thought is, there's some discrepancy between the troll sets on power costs for debuffs. For example my buddy Kuro, running gadgets can spam 100-cost debuffs (and clip them with with instant power). But for light, there's some issues clipping the defense debuff, and it costs twice as much power.

For example: Defense debuff is light blast or whipthrash. Whip hits from mid-range, but drags you into the target, even a little bit if you clip with recharge, so whip is not ideal for a defense debuff in raid/end-game/elite, etc. because you're putting yourself in harm's way every six seconds for a debuff. Also both cost 200 power whereas you can stack gadgets or mental with 100-cost debuffs in that slot.
    As for light blast, because it's a channel, you can't just clip it, you have to jump cancel it, wait out the dovetail, and then pop recharge, making the power push slower. Alternatively, you could combo and clip, but light blast combos into boxing or minigun. Boxing being a lunge, again not ideal in elite stuff because one mistake trying to clip a recharge you don't have power for and it's curtains. Mingun is also a channel and can't be clipped, so you'd have to go to LB-MG-ram and clip, at which point you've just slowly thrown about a 400-cost defense debuff.

Proposal: What if we stripped whipthrash of its debuff (allowing it to do a little more damage because now it's not moonlighting as a debuff) and gave it to spikequake? Ideally, spike would be reduced to a 100-cost with the corresponding power adjustments. That would give light a clipable 100-cost defense debuff in line with mental (psy shock) and gadgets (gauss).
    • Like x 9
  14. CassUV Well-Known Player

Hey guys, my question is about power cost in general, Light still drinks power a lot or the trolls will no longer be crazy when see a HL DPS?.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.