GU73: Iconic and Movement Abilities

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Mepps, Jul 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cyro Committed Player

Non permanent does not
  2. Sugr Bear Committed Player

Does anybody know how speed drain is doing right now? I run it on one of my trolls and won't get a chance to check it out until maybe this weekend on test.
  3. VioletSorceress Committed Player

No power restoring. All you get to do is damage enemies around you and slow them down but slowing down effect is hardly noticeable or it lasts very shortly. Hard to tell but yeah just damage and hardly useful CC for Speed Drain atm. :(

Vacuum Bubble and Backflip dont restore power as well. You get the rare opportunity to spend 4-5 SP at a SC that offers nothing special.
    • Like x 2
  4. Sugr Bear Committed Player

That's incredibly disappointing... I enjoyed using speed drain and now my SC head mod seems like a total waste of space. I wonder why they thought it should be changed...thanks for the reply.
  5. Sugr Bear Committed Player

It fit my theme so well...quantum speedster lol.
  6. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

I sense we'll be seeing a lot of flash toons now
  7. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

Can't speak for Sonic Shout but Sonic Cry and Boxing Glove used to be better than quite a few moves from actual powersets and I used Sonic Cry as a secondary melee move for hb clipping a lot because of it. That was early in the revamp before they got inflicting pi's added that reduced their damage. In order to increase their damage, you guys would have to want the pi taken away again or the power cost increased.
  8. L T Devoted Player

I think it would be best if one sonic ability inflicted a PI and the other exploited it.

However they both seem to be underperforming vs other abilities that inflict a PI. I haven't timed the animation so I can't speak with certainty, but the base damage is low.
    • Like x 3
  9. stärnbock Devoted Player

this ^
    • Like x 2
  10. stärnbock Devoted Player

QUESTION:
    would it be possible to use ALL movement powers?
    you would still be locked with a chosen movement mode,
    but grant us the chance to have a mix of flight, SS and acrobatic.
    why should a flyer (for example) not be able to do a backflipp?
  11. stärnbock Devoted Player

you could remove the movement trees as a whole (along with weapon trees) and put every movement power into the iconics
    QUESTION: why not? i guess noone gets pissed for more options to choose from...?
    • Like x 2
  12. stärnbock Devoted Player

if weapon attacks would go to iconics, you could costumize your weapon combos by clipping weapon attacks (using precission) with weapon attacks (using precission, but consuming power). thats just an idea. i realy hate some WM's that were chosen for some weapons... THAT would also help weapon mastery style to become a REAL option, dont you think?
  13. Predicament Well-Known Player

Is the slowing down of things new to speed drain? I've used it before on live and haven't noticed, if it is new it does provide special specific uses. Example would be for my tank to use it during bosses with one shot mechanics, if skull pops up I can pop speed drain and give everyone and extra second or two to react and block if they are busy stuck in animations. Then again this would only help competent players
    • Like x 2
  14. Goddesssilver Well-Known Player

Hardlight shield need a big buff it's 30 secs and only has a 6 sec duration.
    • Like x 1
  15. Goddesssilver Well-Known Player

Forget what I said about hardlight shield forgot they did buff it guess it's fine now. Would be nice if neo venom boost was dropped to 40 secs instead of 45 just seems like too much. Buff is nice so leave as is. Also phase dodge should be drop to 12 secs the cool down is insane it's just like any other shield and it's mitigation should be increased its very underperforming.
    • Like x 1
  16. L T Devoted Player

BUG REPORT?

I think you should be able to clip other abilities with Amazonian Deflection. Right now you can't.
    • Like x 2
  17. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

It deals damage. Mental's Reflect Pain and Gadgets' Neural Neutralizer can't clip either. I'd be extremely happy if they did though.
    • Like x 2
  18. stärnbock Devoted Player

the last tick of freeze breath should encase, so heat vission could exploit encasements. do it for new krypton, pls?
    also a shared PI with flight movement power "swoop attack" could help rounding up for a kryptonian loadout.
    • Like x 3
  19. L T Devoted Player

Yeah... but unlike the abilities you mention, Amazonian Deflection puts you into block, and moving ends the reflection effect. You can clip Reflect Pain or Neural Neutralizer with a weapon buff, you can't do that with AD.
  20. stärnbock Devoted Player

THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU 10'000 TIMES FOR GIVING US BACK HIGH PRESSURE!!!
    also: the new PI effect is AWESOME!!! i can't tell you how happy i am right now :D :D :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.