GU50, Tunso Testing, and Player Testing

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Sore, Jul 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Remander Steadfast Player

That's part of what this dialog is intended to demonstrate. We're first trying to get in the same page as the Devs.
  2. Black Jaq Devoted Player

There isn't an exact rotation due to the wonky cool down of Totem. My in-game loadout is Rumblecrush, DF clip with Reinforce, Totem, Fortify Golem and Crystal. That is the order of powers I usually go in because Crystal attacks with your first attack.

The PI is only really needed for your first rotation for Crystal and for DF. I don't spam RC and I try to cast FG as soon as off cool down. For perspective, from NGN last night, 47% of my damage comes from weapon attacks.
  3. Drift Hazard Dedicated Player

Can you try this rotation then? Sub Totem with Striking Stones or Shards. Start with RC, clipped with Reinforce. Use Reinforce's cooldown as basis for when you need to use RC again (crushing has a 12-second duration, similar to Reinforce). Then FG, DF, SS/Shards, in that order. This is for both melee and ranged.

Also, I take back my previous statement about Shards being a midranged power. Apparently it reaches the same range as Upheaval now.

I'll try thinking of a loadout that makes use of aftershocks.
  4. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I was working on a range rotation using Shards for the "live" tests. Shards is better than Striking stones because SS only hits a max of 4. Shards will inch your forward though, but because of the cone, it does max damage at a greater distance.
  5. Drift Hazard Dedicated Player

Actually, it doesn't matter due to how powers split. If you add all of them up, your damage output will still be the same (mostly) regardless of which power you will use (see here for calculating damage splitting). SS will just ensure you will deal more damage to your main target than Shards will.

Although, that's weird, because I could have sworn there was a previous patch that made all AoE powers hit 8 targets at once instead of being limited to 4. Oh well. That just means there's more reasons why I should use SS over Shards and vice versa.
  6. Remander Steadfast Player

Only if the AoE allows it. Some AoEs aren't capable of hitting 8, even if they are fairly tightly grouped. The spacing of the sparring targets in the 8 set prevents some from taking damage with certain attacks.
  7. Black Jaq Devoted Player

drift, I would like to correspond with you in pm but my phone won't allow me to start the conversation. Thanks.
  8. Drift Hazard Dedicated Player

True. The AoE size does limit the number of targets being hit. Still, the damage output should be the same because the smaller AoE doesn't get to split more as a result. Shards and Striking Stones don't work like Divine Light which you mentioned earlier.
  9. Drift Hazard Dedicated Player

That's fine. Take your time. You can post it here if you want, but you can wait until you can get to a computer to correspond with me.

It's just that I don't have a test character or a toon near the test toon's SP and CR ratings due to not playing for so long, so I'm totally dependent on you guys. Thanks in advance if you are able to test for me.
  10. Remander Steadfast Player

True. All the damage should split after 2, so as long as you are hitting at least 2 targets, the damage will be the same.
  11. WildcatHunter Committed Player

Because of personal obligations my DC time is severely limited and this is the reason I don't do more testing. They want a baseline using this test. After this as sore put it to me the ball is in their court. All we can do right now is support this tunso test and hope someone sees something that's above my intellect. The latest nerf to frenzy on test and buff to an already great mental dps is the latest example of how this test does not translate to actual gameplay. We will also be disappointed in everything I believe untill mid range is addressed. It took me days of reflection and reading to come to this conclusion. I'm highly skeptical of this test and how it will bring balance but right now supporting it and the people who take time to do it is our only play.
    • Like x 1
  12. Sore Steadfast Player

If you have a PC Test account, you can make a Tunso Test toon very quickly with the CR126 gear box. But I would prefer nobody tests on the live server. There's way too many variables to try to isolate.
  13. Drift Hazard Dedicated Player

I am aware of that, which is why I'm currently corresponding with Black Jaq in a private convo for tests. The only thing I can do on live server is test the timing for rotations, to see if it would fit under 10 and then 30 seconds and if I can use powers within Fortify Golem's cooldown. Otherwise, I'm completely dependent on people here for the actual recording of the tests. If there are other people who can test Earth for me, that would be great.
  14. Sore Steadfast Player

Cool, we're on the same page. I get a lot of people making comments regarding testing on Live Server and it concerns me. Most people either don't have the drops or are unwilling to eliminate mods and proficiencies to execute a Tunso Test on the Live Server. Most people might not have the gear need, might not have the VII mods needed, are unwilling to eliminate Prec/Might VII mods or just overlook other aspects of the spec to execute a Live Test on the Live Server. I just feel a need to stress it heavily because I don't want to waste anyone's time by ignoring their hard work because they missed the details of the spec.
  15. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Since Earth is a power near and dear to my heart, I am working on some different builds. Like Sore has tried, I am experimenting to show might vs prec builds.
  16. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

Has anyone been caputring test results on a graph or chart for comparison sake? I would like to see where powers sit and which one need work and which ones don't. This would help players understand which powers are a bit behind and which ones are currently the standard to achieve.
  17. Remander Steadfast Player

Sore has posted several in this thread, actually.
    • Like x 1
  18. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

Here is my thoughts on testing to ensure the community is doing it right. Not sure if this has been communicated to the community by the developers as it requires their input.

First, we need to know the RANGE and MELEE loadout of all powers. Second, we need to know the rotation they recommend.

This would be our baseline testing. This is really need for proper testing and validation.

Without the developers loadout and rotation we are still shotting blank here.

I seen so many post and questions about this and about that, but what seems to be missing is clear communication about loadouts and rotations. If we can get this, that would allow testers to validate powers more appropriately.
  19. ChillCat Loyal Player

Highly unlikely you'll get all of this for one of two reasons; maybe a mix of both.

a) Devs don't know. That's not a criticism just the only conclusion you could reasonably draw based on the limited amount of guidance provided to the testers after having the game and most of the powersets in place for years. If Devs really, truly had a full test map handy, wouldn't sharing how they test be the sensible thing to do? If devs are asking players to test, would there really be a sensible reason for withholding that information?

b) Devs don't want to provide a "recommended" loadout for fear of advertsising to the player community at large the implied statement "Devs say this is how your loadout should look". Understandably, Devs may want to avoid being accused of over influencing the loadout selection of individual players.
    • Like x 2
  20. Black Jaq Devoted Player

for Electricity, I obtained a few different results. Range loadout is generally seen a certain set of 5 abilities with 6 being with Circuit Breaker, movement SC or something else. It wasn't that hard, but I went a step further and showed an alternate loadout that generated similar results. Alternative loadouts are a good thing and show where things might need improvement.

For Earth, I'm am compiling data on 2 range loadouts using Shards and Striking Stones respectively, since Totem is just a buff at range. But I am doing much more because a lot of players spec Prec over Might, so I am running some tests with a Prec spec.

I believe the challenge of loadouts is up to us. Celestial can run with a large combination of loadout, for example.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.