GU50, Tunso Testing, and Player Testing

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Sore, Jul 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I haven't read everything yet just want to address I e thing I read here in the opening statement and it's probably already been said ... But I'm lazy....we test mid range cause we as players kniw that's where the danage is going to come from few do full range almost no one does melee ...
  2. 23flash Well-Known Player

Are you guys serious right now. Lol, how ridiculous. This is why there are so many dps that are just way below skilled in the community. You guys do all this nonsense and they follow it and then still turn around asking for load outs or why their damage is so bad. Also the ridiculousness in how 1 power will smash another then you guys do consistent nerfs and buffs over and over and over. You realize there has been about 2 to 3 updates for every power since awesome mechanics have been introduced? Some powers have had 4+ updates. That's crazy lol. Granted I know nothing about coding etc etc so much respect to you guys for even working on all that stuff, but to not be able to figure out how to properly balance all the powers and there are people consistently testing everything is just wow lol. Y'all are arguing with people and getting away from the main point that's dumb. That's just you being a roadblock. Dude is showing you how 10 second parses are super invalid and dumb to follow and because that's what you do you get mad at him trying to teach you something different. Come on now. Open your mind. Listen to what he is saying. Test out his theory and see what happens. Makes no sense why you have to be so combatant it's just insane. No wonder the world is so messed up. People want to fight you every time you disagree with them. Zhouz don't ask those dumb questions to crappy. You know exactly what he is talking about but you're pretending not to just to argue with him. It's ridiculous. If you guys really wanted to prove him wrong just go parse how he is parsing and prove that it's just as inconsistent. If you can't do that then stop talking about it and talk about something else. Jeez. You guys are acting like people in a relationship that argue just to argue lol. Just arguing and talking because you can lol. Let's compromise here and work this out. It's really simple to come to an educated solution to where everybody is happy and everything gets fixed.
    • Like x 2
  3. Karasawa Loyal Player

My preference is to eliminate 12.5m as a valid AM range for increased damage. Only have 7m be relevant to Melee AM damage.

It does not seem feasible to increase the melee AM range of certain powers like Rage or HL out to 12.5m. So the only alternative is to bring everything else into 7m.

The targeting range of current 12.5m AM abilities can remain the same or even be increased to 25m as long as melee damage doesn't activate until 7m or less.
    • Like x 1
  4. Sore Steadfast Player

Thanks for your feedback and your contribution. Stepping up like that is what makes this possible. I couldn't be more proud of everyone that contributed to this. I put a lot of effort into Nature but that's just one powerset and one person for one powerset is not enough to make AMAZING results like this.

It was just an oversight not collecting Electric Range. Anyone up for the task?
    • Like x 1
  5. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

Nothing against CrappyHeals or Sore or you for that matter. Things are getting tested the way the DEVS said they wanted them tested hence the name Tunso Test. That is how THEY wanted them tested. Also ten 30 second parsers or 300 ten second ones will still give you the exact same numbers for the average and mean. It is the same info. 10 second parsers are easier for some to do without screwing up the rotation and some do not need it to be so short. The simple fact is that the DEVS asked for 10 second ones. That is why it is being done this way...simple.
    • Like x 3
  6. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I didn't do any range testing. The only weapon I want to test with is Bow and we can't. I hate doing Scissor Kick, Rifle keeps moving me backwards and I don't understand what combo to use for Pistols.
    • Like x 1
  7. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Full auto or Slip Shot.
    then again, a lot of the time I say stuff that's actually accurate and true but im not taken seriously lol.
    It's up to you to try it out Black Jaq
  8. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

I no longer have access to the test server or I would give it a shot (would not be the best shot lol but it would be a shot). I could MAYBE help with the live test...not sure though. Here are my stats http://dcuobloguide.com/tools/census/character/show/?id=562984315132556&world=2 cr only 125 might 9786 prec 3943. I mod with a might lean because I have a WM armoury also....so it may throw my numbers off. There may be others out there that can do it....Max Volt possible...not sure what his stats are though.
  9. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

I understand that completely lol. I do appreciate someone testing it though. Could you tell me your loadout that was tested?
  10. Radium Devoted Player

To be honest, that's probably the easiest way to fix all of this, but its probably the easiest way to piss a whole bunch of people off.

I have no idea what's going to be done, but I know that whatever the decision is, it won't be easy either time wise or backlash wise.
    • Like x 1
  11. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I don't get how long you should do full auto though.
  12. Black Jaq Devoted Player

For Electric melee it was basic 6.
    • Like x 1
  13. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

If you look at it, it's almost the duration of Lightblast>Miniguns in Light.
    And slip shot is almost the duration of Lightblast, give or take a few ticks.
    Go from there to decide when you should cut the combos.
  14. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Ha - sorry. Comparing it to HL doesn't help.
    • Like x 1
  15. Absolix Loyal Player

From Tunso's post it is 3 ticks for Full Auto, then Sweep Shot, the tap melee 2x, hold melee combo. You just have to look at your hit counter and get used to the timing of Full Auto.

Personally I find it a bad idea as Full Auto has a horrible Dps. Personally I wouldn't have used DP or 2H for testing as their nonWM combos that Tunso was using sort of suck. Sweep Shot by itself might be decent if it wasn't such a short combo.
  16. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

It's difficult to work tbh. Such an iffy weapon and Doom Spin is just horrid in Two Handed lol.
    sweep shot is your burst clip. That's it.
    Full Auto is best on single target.
  17. Sore Steadfast Player

You really should move on man. You've added nothing to this thread. You do however have a thread about suggested Nature changes. You should focus on that. You're contributing something there. You're not contributing anything here. You're actually doing the opposite. With you're comments you're undermining the quality work of people that are contributing here. You wouldn't want people acting like that in your thread so why act this way here?
    • Like x 2
  18. Remander Steadfast Player

So, I replicated the Tunso tests on Celestial, and my numbers were comparable. I tried some different melee options, such as adding in CScWotP in lieu of ScH, replacing ScH with another RcW, using AcB, etc. The numbers actually didn't change significantly. The numbers in your set are likely lower for melee because you lose some of the Smite AoE cone damage on the 8-target set, when you get too close (I'm assuming the same loadout was used). Thus, you can effectively use the ranged numbers as a surrogate for the melee numbers.

Live should be no different, so same thing there. The numbers for Celestial, then, should be 17676 Tunso test for melee and range and 24350 Live test for melee and range. You already have the Live test baseline deviation for range at 120%--the second highest. By my calculations, the deviation for melee would be 81%, tying it with Earth for second lowest. Not surprising, given Celestial has no range scalar. Great range damage, but loses to powersets that can boost damage closer in.
    • Like x 1
  19. Remander Steadfast Player

Why can't you understand that this is the way the Devs are testing, so to produce comparative data to theirs, we need to test the way they do? This isn't something we came up with, Crappy. Are there other possible ways to test? Sure. Are some potentially better? Possibly. Will using test methodology other than what the Devs use get our data evaluated and our points about balance across? Nope. The fact is that we were told most of the data provided in powerset testing threads over the past year is effectively worthless due to how it was performed. Keep testing however you want, though, and let your results continue to be ignored.
    • Like x 4
  20. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Yeah, I'll pass on that combo.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.