GU47: Legends Survivability

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by The Enquirer, Apr 15, 2015.

1. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

During this Game Update there are several changes in legends that are going to be happening. Most notably the damage buff and health buff. The way these things are increasing won't offset balance thankfully, however there are a couple of issues: Healing, health buffs, blocking and shields.

There's a couple of other issues in this update, however those will be made in separate posts. One regarding counter damage can be found by clicking here and one regarding NPCs and pets in legends can be found by clicking here.

Healing

While abilities and soders give increased healing, healing barrels were forgotten about. They give the same amount of healing in legends that they did previously, and with the increased amount of health legends have, it severely limits their importance.

Health Buffs

Most health buffs (IE supercharge related ones) seem to be correct now, however Doctor Fate's health buff still appears to be sitting at a flat 1500 health buff. I'd suggest leaving that where it is however as it'd help balance him out a bit.

Blocking

Simply put, blocking no longer mitigates any damage in legends. While the issue here should be obvious to many people, to explain this one a bit: Removing damage mitigation while blocking essentially makes blocking while low on health of very little usefulness. You may be successfully be able to block counter an incoming attack, however it's very likely to KO you.

While hopefully bringing this back keep in mind currently in legends a lower level player in legends actually mitigates more damage through blocking.

Shielding

Shields that should change

Shielding wasn't updated at all to reflect the changes in health or damage. Without updating shielding by the same 50% it will cause damage mitigation to become vastly superior as there is no damage cap to mitigation. However there are slightly more specific adjustments that can be done to further balance legends in this update.

Basic shielding (IE John Stewart) still absorbs 2500. This needs to be increased by 50% up to 3750.

Steel's type of shielding that absorbs 1652 damage needs to be increased by 50%. Cheetah's shield that absorbs 1652 damage needs to be increased by 50% as well. Due to these types of shields having the same cool downs as other shields now, I would simply give them the 3750 damage absorption cap that the others should have.

Shields that shouldn't change

Catwoman's shield, due to the high amount of damage she can put out after a counter, should remain in it's current state. If you are going to increase the amount of damage it can absorb, please consider removing the damaging effect from it.

Blue Lanterns shield has no damage cap. Luckily the out of the two, Kyle Rayner being the better one is actually very well balanced.

Escape shielding effects such as Shazam's and Circe's should remain the exact same. While this won't completely balance them out, it will help.

Wonder Woman's shield should remain the same. While she could still use a health reduction, this will bring us one step closer to balancing her out.

Closing Remarks

Thanks for reading this and I do hope you at the minimum scale everything up properly if not taking my suggestions into account. If this is handled correctly, legends can come out more balanced and skill based than it previously was.
    • Like x 12
  2. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Alright, so I'm giving this a slight bump in the hopes of having a developer respond to it. I know that the pet situation is being looked into. While it would be preferable for them to take some of the advice from this post for balancing purposes, at least bumping all of the shield's damage caps up to reflect damage changes will help prevent damage mitigation from becoming notably better than shielding, which would upset balance even further.