GU44 - Crowd Control and Breakouts Please

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Grand Shaw, Dec 11, 2014.

1. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

I'll watch them before I post them.
    • Like x 2
  2. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

Batcave 2v2 (Last Night 1/30) Amon and Arkillo vs Batman and Bizarro

What happens when me and the Enquirer team up to fight Brother Venge and Brother Allen? (winners of last Legends FNL)

SCIENCE :D
    • Like x 2
  3. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

Science #2
    Circe and Amon vs Sinestro and Amon

• Like x 2
  4. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

Science #3
    Superman and Power Girl vs Saint Walker and Kyle Rayner

There are breakout issues here, courtesy of Whirlwind and Conflagration (kyle's #6 :p) but also, heat vision sucks.
    • Like x 2
  5. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

All on behalf of Aiden Warren. Thanks by the way. :p
    • Like x 2
  6. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

I am never running this set up again until CC gets fixed. What made it worse was I haven't played Amon in months because of the CC issues and I've been running Bane a lot lately so I kept thinking his 4 was a, shall we say, n it absolutely terrible power?
    • Like x 2
  7. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

Yes. Even if #4 was a finisher, it's a complete waste of a power. You can lunge it, or roll out of the way. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if you could stun him out of it. But that's for Balance Legends thread. :p

EDIT: Also did you see that uppercut > roar > jc into saw or swoop attack? :p
    • Like x 2
  8. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

Ok I didn't record it but I gotta say, Amon Sur is so unfair.

I used 1 and 2. That's it. For clipping, for burst. That's it.

Beat EXOTIC's Bane using him. 1000-0 :(
    • Like x 1
  9. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

So I'm gonna have to start tinkering with recording again since it's affecting my gameplay. In the meantime, I'll just go ahead and say I ran into a premade with two Kyle Rayners. Like... really?
  10. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

If there are any developers or programmers who can shed light on the progress of CC/Breakouts PLEASE say something. Legends FNL is in 19 days!
  11. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

I have read the GU44 update notes. Not a single CC/Breakouts thing mentioned. While a few PvP mechanics (like Acid Spit) are going to be fixed, not breakouts. The best we've got is a few PvP players coordinating with DirtDev about PvP issues. Good luck to them.

This thread got Mepps and DirtDev's attention. And it rallied a lot if support. About 60 likes I think. So I'd say it served it's main purpose, despite CC/Breakouts not being fixed.

I said this thread will continue to show CC/Breakouts, but it's not going to be as frequent anymore. Thanks for all the likes and a SOCIAL thanks to Aiden Warren and the others who brought their own vids to this thread. Much appreciated.
    • Like x 1
  12. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

There's going to be a server restart in the future to help with server lag. If anyone's been recording PvP since the update, it'd be much appreciated to post some of it here.
  13. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

The restart already happened actually. I'm going to go log in now and test it out.
    • Like x 1
  14. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We had a new lag issue pop up which is resolved now on all servers. Please let us know how it goes today.
    • Like x 2
  15. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Just to be clear, we believe all of the cc/combo/counter/breakout issues you see are the result of server lag, which we have been steadily improving and expect to see much improved with this update/today. We don't have any reproducible issues with breakouts apart from lag. (If you do, please share.)
    • Like x 2
  16. Karasawa Loyal Player

This bug is reproducible every time. I'm sure it's not lag related.

It's a breakout issue because Shift/R1 does not break you out of that whole flopping on the ground animation. Only breakout trinkets or breakout powers (like Light Barrier as seen in the video) will actually break you out.
    • Like x 4
  17. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Everything seemed WAY more responsive for me. Sunstone had some lag on his end, but it seemed good for me. Crowd control and all. But do look into what Kara said. That was an issue I noticed as well.
    • Like x 2
  18. Ge0F0rce Well-Known Player

Yes I agree, I just went on a few minutes ago to try out a couple of matches, it seemed to be improved although, there were still instances when I could not break out. Hopefully the good progress will continue. Oh and Gale Reaper good game :)
  19. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Just curious, did your issues have anything to do with being knocked down (not stunned or back or anything like that)?

Particularly like this:
  20. Ge0F0rce Well-Known Player

Yes I would say that bieng knocked down is what caused the issue of not being able to breakout. As an example the sorcery pet had that power that kind of puts your toon on the floor, the only way I could breakout of that would be to use a trinket or one of my earth powers. So if failing to be able to breakout while being knocked down is the last hurdle in ending the breakout issue for good that would be great.