GU22 BUG: FINAL RUIN & IMPALING THORNS CANCELLED BY USING MA/SHIELD/BRAWLING/RIFLE

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by SuperMia, Feb 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SuperMia New Player

Post General Update 22:

Sorcery's Final Ruin and Nature's Impaling Thorns is now getting its second greater damage tick cancelled in mid-animation when simultaneously performing any Martial Arts, Shield, Brawling, and Rifle weapon attacks/combos.

This leads to Final Ruin and Impaling Thorns only doing the first lesser damage tick (130-600+ yellow damage). The second greater damage tick (1000-3000+ yellow damage) is completed cancelled and does not occur.

Testing with all of the other weapons did not cancel Final Ruin's or Impaling Thorns' second greater damage tick. (Home Turf's "Empowered Channeling" tactical hand mod does not fix this problem.)

Before General Update 22, only jump-cancelling would cancel the second greater damage tick from Final Ruin and Impaling Thorns.

Steps to recreate:

(Prerequisites = Sorcery's "Final Ruin" or Nature's "Impaling Thorns" power. Martial Arts, Shield, Brawling, or Rifle weapon.)

1. A Sorcery or Nature user = Perform "Final Ruin" or "Impaling Thorns" power respectively.

2. Same user = Immediately perform any weapon attack from one of the above listed bugged weapons. (ie. Tap/Hold Triangle/Square, etc.)

3. Same user = The power's animation is CANCELLED and only the first lesser damage tick occurs, the second greater damage tick is CANCELLED.

Jump-Cancelling Final Ruin and Impaling Thorns is working as intended.

Martial Arts/Shield/Brawling/Rifle-Cancelling Final Ruin and Impaling Thorns is not working as intended.

PLEASE FIX! THANK YOU!
    • Like x 27
  2. SLEVINKELEVRA New Player

girl i gotta tell u again. respec to brawling. all those glitched weapons just dont cut it. but ur lucky i like u heres a +1
  3. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

I have stinky 35% power but I'll help ya too because that would upset me if I had a good one.

+1 sorry I don't know where to vote or even if you can .
    • Like x 1
  4. SuperMia New Player

Hi! XD

If you look to the right side of each first post in Arkham, you'll see a small dimly colored yellow thumbs up and thumbs down. It's really small so it's easy to accidently click down by accident on an iPhone.

But the best part is that everyone can also click on "list" to now see who voted up or down to identify ninja down voters.

XD
    • Like x 5
  5. Sytenia Committed Player

This happens to fire's new Snuff Out attack aswell and as fas as I know you can do it with any weapon, not just the ones you mentioned.
    • Like x 3
  6. SuperMia New Player

ZOMG that's terrible I wish there wasn't a 30 minute edit window so I could add your findings to the main post... DCUO Developers, please look into ALL <35% instant cast finishers being cancelled by weapons as well!

T-T
    • Like x 3
  7. Sytenia Committed Player

Actually to come back to it, I'm not sure if it's a bad thing really.
    The animation of the attack still goes on after the second tick of damage is done, if you time it right you can actually cut that time off and gain with it so I'm a bit neutral about it.
  8. SlayingDaimon New Player

I didn't know that but it is awesome. Also glad to see you got your signature back.
    • Like x 1
  9. SuperMia New Player

Yay! (hug) XD
    • Like x 3
  10. The M New Player

Also happens with snuffout

Also, if you use it while flying, it is interruptable.
    • Like x 1
  11. tyler durden New Player

i can confirm this with my nature dps. fix it now.
  12. Wanning Comet Committed Player

I don't think this is a bug. By using a weapon combo during the finisher, you interrupt and cancel out the second hit. All two hit finisher can be cancelled like this. Think of them as having invisible cast bars. Honestly, I'd prefer that these powers are cancelled as the alternative is that you would clip them for full damage and they would then have to be drastically nerfed.
  13. SLEVINKELEVRA New Player

IVE BEEN TELLIN HER USE TWOHANDED INSTEAD. THEN SHE WONT HAVE HER MOVES CANCELLED.
  14. Zizzi New Player

It's a bug because it is only specific weapons that do this. Either none of them should do this, or all of them should. I would prefer that we can't clip for full damage though, that would just be insane on both PvE and PvP sides.
    • Like x 2
  15. SuperMia New Player

I just wanted to say, I've been using Dual Wield (hold triangle hits as hard as final ruin) for DPSing, and Dual Pistols for Healing as a replacement with great results (still top DPS, and top Healer) until this gets fixed. XD
    • Like x 2
  16. Remander Steadfast Player

Since it's not uniform, I'd say it is broken, but IMO, you shouldn't be able to clip a finisher anyway.
    • Like x 1
  17. syphoner New Player

I have it happen with mental too. Got in the ha bit of waiting for second tick to follow up.
    • Like x 1
  18. Madholm New Player

Down vote.

This isn't a bug. All of the 35% work this way as do all the other channeled abilities. Also down voted because the current functionality increases your dps potential allowing for more skilled players to clip the last .5 seconds of the animation while still dealing full damage from the attack.
  19. SuperMia New Player

Completely wrong.

Gadget's 35% finisher works correctly by NOT being cancelled by the four weapons I listed (Martial Arts, Shield, Brawling, Rifle)...like all properly working 35% finishers, it can only be jump cancelled.

This is a bug because Sorcery and Nature's 35% finisher (and others) is only cancelled by Martial Arts, Shield, Brawling, and Rifle weapons.

If this isn't a bug like you claim, then ALL the weapons would cancel ALL the finishers...

And finally, you could always JUMP CANCEL all the 35% finishers...so why would only 4 out of 11 weapons suddenly start cancelling?
    • Like x 2
  20. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We have confirmed that these attacks are currently working as intended, and work the same regardless of which weapon animation is triggered.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.