Dev Discussion GU111: Survival Mode Season 2

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Mar 11, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scytthe Well-Known Player

Impossible to read you, no punctuation, no sentences, no spaces, no paragraphes, and misspell every 3 word
  2. PTFreeze Well-Known Player

ok space yh get that sry ...but misspell we are not all from usa or england sry i try my best here but can post german here but that wont help i think or? xD take it that some ppl got problems with translation here and dont pick out mistakes
  3. Snake619 New Player

Hi
    I would like to know if it is possible to recover the 2019 survival mode crown because I finished the 30 rounds but I never received the crown yet the other players who beat Ultraman that day received it, I didn't know that a crown was obtained after round 30 that's why I'm coming to you today
    I know you can check if I was legally successful in finishing round 30 so here is my nickname and the server:
    EU / PS4 Name: Snake619

I would very much like an answer from you, it is only you who have the power to correct this problem and I can not imagine the idea of not recovering this style object because as you know the style is too important in DCUO.

Thank you very much have a nice day
  4. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Just a wild idea, but what if we get 0 damage, after successfully interupting a Boss?

This is my ultimate complaint about SM atm. All those back and forth arguing whether you should tank on max range or out of range...
    This is the root of the problem and i would love to see something happen about it until the next SM.
    • Like x 1
  5. PolarisSylar Committed Player

Question about SM event ,if it weekly event.
    Can i start at a later round since that's what pass by around at current moment. Or do we have to start back to round 1
    ??
  6. Miike Fury Well-Known Player

you always keep you place.
    no matter if you reset it, or if it resets weekly. you will always maintain your place.
  7. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

It's not your fault we generally don't understand because the difference in sentence structure.
    • Like x 1
  8. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Since the creation of Survival Mode, face tanking, range tanking, kyting whatever tank form being used there was also specific tank powers that were catered towards SM. There was no earth tanks or rage tanks or atomic tanks WHATSOEVER at high rounds in any SM, players would be lying if they said otherwise. SM was always Ice & Fire before and now after stats revamp It's Ice & Rage and Fire/Earth aren't as drastically behind as they were by comparison of the other powersets in the past. What is the point of balancing powersets around content that does not come out routinely. If you want to do the best in SM it has always been expected that you would have to change roles and powersets that would fit the right group makeup IE Water healers now, Celestial in the past.
  9. Control Creed Well-Known Player

I get your point, but, since they don't make most of their money on flavor of the month power respec tokens and pretty much have to "main" a power due to the cost of artifacts...

I guess I would say optimizing powers for certain content makes no sense at all given the business model since artifacts. That may be what your getting at, but... that's kind of the way I see it.
  10. AV Loyal Player

The counter changes do make it virtually impossible to Fire tank after 25 though FYSA. It's technically doable but more luck than anything in that we need to be able to be constantly hitting or we don't have enough defense to survive the hits that are actually meant to be survivable, and we can't be constantly hitting if we can't lunge counter, as lunge countering was faster, could be mixed into regular combat, and afforded a much smaller protection window. It was an oversight. If they keep the counter system like this they kinda have to get rid of the hit requirement on Fire Soul and just make it PI-based only or this will gatekeep the power from high rounds in every SM.
  11. Snake619 New Player

Hello Mepps,
    I allow myself to repost this message not having received a response from you, I would like to know if it is possible to recover the crown of survival mode 2019 I finished the 30 rounds the players with me we had the chance to receive the crown but I never had that chance.
    To help you check I will communicate the date or I unlocked the feat: 06/20/2019
    Have a great day, thank you
  12. Yvtq8k3n The 7 Well-Known Player

*Update* I been solo tanking this SM has rage tank with 200 manacles, 160 Seven and 139 prototype as flight:(
    I reached r26 so far, but wiped on shark. I'm from Europe but currently playing on US, I can tell the delay is really noticable. Regardless, I wasn't expecting to reach this high by just being at max range and reapplying aggro once in a while.
    I wasn't even pretending to run r20+, but hey gotta prove a point Skill > Artis(Still wanna slam that ice loadout;)). Im positive I could solo the current rounds with abit of trial an error.

I still abide by my previous stand, please make all tanks viable on SM, give us more iconic options and readjust moviment powers or straight buff flight.

Oh I'm also premium, Thanks
  13. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

This has been an absolutely miserable experience starting at 16.

I was so excited about his season but Shark is broken and ridiculous. No one wants to tank it because the mechanics are ludicrous. Just end the event early, there's no point in keeping it up anymore.
    • Like x 1
  14. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

So just because you can't get past King Shark means no one else is allowed to surpass you? This is the hill you've chosen?
  15. BlitzBeBored New Player

I just was wondering about these Companion Kennels in the survival mode vendor. The Companion’s Hologram Kennel is tradable and I was just wondering why the rest weren’t? It’s my understanding that you have to buy them with data chips I have no problem with, however why are those the only tradable ones and the others aren’t. Any help would be much appreciated, thank you so much!
  16. zCaution Well-Known Player

That would lead to every boss doing 0 damage 75% of the fight lol
  17. zCaution Well-Known Player

My league mate that’s 328 and fire does it. With fire you gotta play the grey range tanking to the max and not be the main tank
  18. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I will say it does seem like the round 16 King Shark is the round 26 King Shark. There doesn’t appear to be any difference.
    • Like x 1
  19. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Yep. Round 16 needs to be adjusted or they should just go ahead an unlock access to all rewards if they leave it in its current broken state.
  20. AV Loyal Player

We aren't two-tanking. You don't need two tanks for any round. There's also no point to a 2nd tank at all after 25 as a tank's survivability in a pickup scenario is no better than a DPS' and the DPS will always have aggro in that event. All it does is make rounds take 2-3+ times longer.

We should be forced to 1111 these.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.