Test Discussion GU106: Nature Balance Changes

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Batuba, Aug 31, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. L T Devoted Player

How is grim now working? I definitely see it applying the poison PI on the test server.
  2. jptml217 New Player

you cant lock players in form if they die, the lifblood superchage for the form is lost, and you come back as human, in animal form , but otherwise I like your idea of the lock, at least ti means that we dont bounce into human form and back into animal form early
  3. jarroden New Player

It’s just a Visual effect but no pi
  4. L T Devoted Player

No. It's most definitely a PI. It's pretty easy to see the 10% damage increase from abilities that take advantage of it when you respec with no crit bonuses.
    • Like x 1
  5. Charlieboy Well-Known Player

Why on earth would you bother using gorilla or wolf anymore when for the same power cost Neo Venom increases defense by 90% and damage by 40% for 15 seconds. No 2 second transformation to go through, just plain buff. This all seems rather pointless when iconic powers and movement powers outstrip normal power abilities.
    • Like x 2
  6. Charlieboy Well-Known Player

In fact why use Insect form when Regenerate will do more for the group.

You are completely trashing the whole point of this power-set when all you needed to do was increase the supercharge cool-downs to stop EOG spamming.
    • Like x 1
  7. jarroden New Player

do u even play as a nature? or your just on the forums because u saw nature is getting nerfed? because if u know nature i shouldnt have to explain to u how nature pi works or neither should i have to be in this conversation with u. its not a pi being applied by grimorium verum look at live server and look at test server. Live server grimorium verum is working test server grimorium verum is not working. and dont try to just throw a power and say its working go read the powers on the nature class. the pi doesnt buff the damage of the poison its just a poison and no where in the grimorium verum bio says that it buffs the damage of what ever effect its applying .... please just stay out of the conversation if u dont know what is being talked about please. it was addressed to batuba or a dev for a reason. Thank you
  8. jarroden New Player

and no i am not talking about the pi for savage growth and v. plants i am talking about for the roar poison
  9. L T Devoted Player

Those are actually pretty strong points. Seems like the damage buffs should at least match NVB if they're going to cost the same. And while it's been pointed out to me that Insect form is a pretty strong buff, Regenerate certainly feels more useful now. There is something to be said for having an extra load out available, but Nature's supercharges are starting to look underwhelming.

Also, the other damage supercharges should be looked at eventually, since they lag supers from other power sets by 10% now.

Would it be the worst thing if Nature kept one 2500 cost supercharge and was able to maintain more Eye uptime with it? Or even a compromise 3500 cost super?
    • Like x 1
  10. jptml217 New Player

Because of the 50% sc cost across the board for useful transformations, I thought I would ttest the time it took, to get to full recharge again on test server,:for healer (you drop from bug form as soon as 15 sec up, becuse of aweful powe regen in bug form) the rest of time in human, takes about 70-90 sec, with sc for insect in head mod & sc regen in chest. In wolf form the sc regent to 100% time is about 2mins with hitting serpent call when on off cooldown after tbe regular 3 powers in wolf form.

This sc regen time coupled with the, points already made re neo venum & Regenerate make the 'rebalancing' a nerf to transformatons
  11. Charlieboy Well-Known Player

This is the problem, we get knocked out of form easily and human form dps is so weak.

Nature was designed to use different forms for different situations, but this is throwing that away as its pointless using a different form. If it takes 2 mins to get back enough SC to go wolf, then the small amount of damage we will do in human form will leave us way behind, as we have to use a loadout that generates SC and not one designed for damage.

Basically its pointless aiming for SC regeneration to transform, you may as well stay human, hit neo venom and have a standard dps loadout.

The annoying thing is that even that becomes an issue now, as the only burst power we have is thorn burst and that's only aoe in gorilla form, so we will have to go for a loadout of iconic powers; Heat Vision, Frost Breath etc to even come close. I did a quick 30 minutes play around on test server and the standard gorilla aoe loadout, plus the nerfing to Solar Amp, leaves the 8 man parser well below rage and munitions now, and they have the alternative powers to use instead of HV and we simply dont have a choice.

I am sorry I am going on about this but I love nature as a power, and I just want you to understand the implications of what you are doing and the play-ability issues that will occur. Taking away the reason to transform and leaving us with a set of iconic powers as our only option, is just not a power I want to play. I was nature before revamp so I didn't switch powers just as it became high damage, I have stuck with it and enjoyed it for all its faults. Stick the transformation SC cool-downs at 1 minute for all I care, as I never used the eog spam exploit anyway. I agree that has to stop, but leave the rest alone as the damage output will automatically be reduced cos of the HV nerf and we don't have much choice in using an alternative power as we don't have one in our arsenal.

People were rightly upset and fed up with seeing high nature damage, and seeing the constant spamming of eog, and that is why there has been this outcry against nature, but without that exploit nature's damage is no larger than rage or munitions, and thats only on boss fights, cos for adds we are slow to damage as we have to set up the PI. By the time we do damage most of the adds are dead. Nature damage comes from boss fights which just happen to suit the way our powers work. This is going the way of Ice after the complaining of the Ice Elemental buff, so you removed that but also messed around with all the powers, and now ice is a broken powerset, boring to play and one of the weakest in any situation.

Dont take nature down the same route please.
  12. Trexlight Devoted Player

First off, calm down. You are attacking someone who certainly has more knowledge than the average player.

What exactly are you looking at when using Grim? Grim still applies the PI to the Target and abilities receive the 10% damage. The Poison PI that Grim applies isnt a DoT so please keep that in mind, it is directly a PI only. Its only there to enhance damage from abilities that rely on that PI like Roar.

I suggest keeping that in mind when you're looking at your test results because even since the creation of Grim, the Poison PI from it has worked like this. Its not a DoT, only a PI.
    • Like x 2
  13. jarroden New Player

And like I said to him I am not talking about the skills that has the damage increase I am talking about the poison from the artifact that adds to roar and that’s why I said leave it to the devs I don’t want a conversation with someone that didn’t fully test the artifact....
  14. Trexlight Devoted Player

I clearly did test it and not the one understanding. The Poison from the Artifact doesnt add to Roar and never has and was not built to do so. It was to serve as a Power Interaction, nothing more or nothing less. Roar is just fine as it is with the need to break it with the help of Grim.
  15. Trexlight Devoted Player

So I looked more into it and its working as intended. Roar isnt designed to use Grim's Poison PI because its not a real Poison. Roar also doesnt increase its damage by the PIs. Roar and its Poisons are basically a self contained PI system. Testing Grim's Poison PI with Voracious Plants, which does use the PI, is definitely showing its damage increase. So nature in this realm is working as intended.
  16. jarroden New Player

and this is why i said stay out of my conversation because u dont know what your talking about once again. good bye good sir your filling the chat with stuff that i dont want to hear i am waiting on batuba to reply.... this was not a debate for players it was addressed to devs. good bye sir
  17. Trexlight Devoted Player

And that is such a childish response right there. If it was directed to the Devs, you could have easily sent a PM if you didnt want player responses. It also sounds like you havent read the description of Roar since it clearly states it doesnt do extra damage from Poisoned enemies. The Damage from Roar is based off the Consumed Poisons. Since you can't consume the Poison PI from Grim, it obviously does not give Roar any extra damage.

Just because you want to ignore it because its not a Dev doesnt mean we are wrong. I suggest going onto Live and Test, reading the description better and understand everything is working as intended. If you still cant believe that then I feel even a Dev response wont suffice for you cause you'll then ignore what he has to say too. And before you think it, nope, Roar shouldn't get the extra damage from the Grim PI. It does sufficient damage as it is.
  18. Aspar Agus Well-Known Player

Here's the the thing. Roar does interact with Grim's Void Poison on live and get the extra burst as a result. If that has changed between Live and Test its not mentioned in the Changelog and therefore we as players cannot be sure if this was intended or not.

There is no mention of Grim, just Roar not benefiting from other players poison.

Its not too much to ask the only people who know for sure, ie the actual devs, if its intended in that case is it?
    • Like x 2
  19. Batuba Developer

Hey all,

Catching up on things from the weekend. Here are some points:
    • Wolf form if you invest into critical chance and critical magnitude from the skill point tree (wolf form scales better with these points invested), will grant you approximately 39% damage increase and give you the option of a new loadout. So comparing that to NVB, the damage difference is very minor and does not have the bonus of a new loadout. It's okay to have choices.
    • Gorilla form will remain strong, especially in AoE where it will shine the brightest.
    • I will look into Grimorium affecting Roar. It's been a while since I created that artifact and will need to check to see if Roar was intended to use Void Poison.
    • Dog Form will be seeing a cool down change of 30 seconds (up from 12 seconds), but will remain at 2500 supercharge cost.
    Thank you for keeping this thread mostly civil and with good feedback.
    -Batuba

-EDIT-
    After looking into Roar, it is intended for Void Poison to add an additional stack of damage to Roar. However, due to tech limitations, we cannot knock off your own pet's poison without knocking off everyone else's void poison, thus it remains permanently applied. This is not great, but an aspect we can let slide and have Void Poison continue to work like it is on live. (This is not to say it won't change in the future if it causes balance issues, but for now will remain the same as live).
    • Like x 6
  20. jarroden New Player

U was saying who doesn’t know what? Like I said test before coming at me the wrong way and thank you Batuba. U helped me greatly with my testing!
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.