Work In Progress GU103: Tank Balance

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Batuba, Mar 6, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hellclown127! Well-Known Player

I really dont see the point in nerfing anything. Tanks aren't tanks anymore. They're glorified Pied Pipers.
    • Like x 1
  2. Illumin411 Loyal Player

For Atomic:

1. Could we buff density a tad? Even with 32K Dom and 20K resto, it's a one-hitter-quitter against any elite boss. If With Hard Light being 30s cooldown and Mass Density being a SC with 60s cooldown, one can be left feeling pretty naked and exposed shouting while shouting "BIG HEALS!" in to the mic.

2. Any chance we can fix the bug that keeps the glucon aura animation up when using a form change even if the glucon aura has expired?
  3. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

I just spent a bunch of money to go from atomic to gadgets then to light... thats $30 in the last few months switching powers if i go back... dcuo made their money off me fs
  4. Yvtq8k3n The 7 Well-Known Player

Im against the nerfs applied to rage. I think rage from all the powers, is currently what all tank powers should be aiming for. Using ice has an example, how can a power that can barely tank more then 3 adds be consider ideal, it blows my mind. A Tank should be all about incorporating their self tank mechanic, room mechanic and combat system. The reason there is a shortage of tanks is not because is not fun, is because the tools that tanks are given are awfull. (Kite like crazy, rip combat system)
    • Like x 5
  5. Pyrometers Active Player

I don't know if actual powers in the tree will be changed but if so can reignition become a 25% SC again or do something additional like healing group members aswell . Also this is a really big one might not happen but can eternal flame be restored to what it once was?
    • Like x 1
  6. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

I'd favor putting everything into fortify simply because using brick means you have less flexibility. Buffing totem to actually be useful would add a third required power. While the other tanks have required powers too it's not quite the same with earth. There is very little room to experiment imo. Fire is in a similar situation
    • Like x 2
  7. Vindex Active Player

That's what exactly i'm referring to in my previous post as a recommendation for Brick Tanking to be more viable. Easy fix really, just put healing mechanic to Brick via Fortify Golem alongside it's own gemstone shield and we're done.
    • Like x 1
  8. Psyfur Well-Known Player

I’d rather see Density’s mitigation dropped from 100% to 75% in tank role, since the aura is picking up the other 25%. Plus that way Density’s damage cap won’t be met so soon.
    • Like x 1
  9. Kairin New Player

I really like the Fire changes
    As for Earth, please fix the Brick Health bar bugs
  10. Captain Cold Level 30

As far as everything goes the rage changes seem balanced to the levels of ice and i really commend the efforts being put in to balance the tanks. I do agree with majority of other posts here so here is my two cents for other changes I would like to see for balancing tank powers:

Atomic
    - after these changes, density is far behind the weakest main tank shield in dcuo. I assume it could be due to the extra effect of +10% cc resist but that now seems redundant after recent changes. So an increase in shield mitigation to being closer to redirected rage and removal of cc resist wouldn't be unwarranted.

Fire
    - Possibility of having the 50% increased healing occuring at all times would help on top of the current changes would be advantageous

Earth
    - Brick is a squishy boi and needs to be looked at to make brick tanking more viable. Haven't got any strong thoughts on how to fix but perhaps have bricks health be double the tanks health?
  11. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Hiya. Squishy, business-casual Controller here. Feel free to ignore my observation; I really don't speak Tank.

However, as I read all of the responses in this thread, I do see a lot of players saying that Kiting has become the preferred method of Tanking these days, especially during endgame content such as Elite Raids and Survival Mode.

If a large portion of the community has widely bought into this idea as essential to success, is the problem with the players' tools or with the design of the content itself?

Just curious. I'll get out of your thread now. ;)
  12. Proxystar #Perception

Just to add my 2c for the devs despite the fact I prefer just improving totem I'm also not opposed to adding healing effects to fortify golem if that is the choice the devs would also be willing to agree with.
  13. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

So
    So you want rage buffed?... umm what
    • Like x 3
  14. Black Jaq Devoted Player

The range seems on par with a Circle of Protection. Of course it would be nice if it was as big as Solace of the Sea. If you had to choose between greater range at current healing numbers or greater healing at current range, what would you pick?
  15. topflow619 Well-Known Player

These changes are pitiful,Tanking in this game is a joke on how it used to be.You know what would fix tanking?

BUFF EM HOW THEY USED TO BE ON RELEASE.

All these changes are minor at best.
  16. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Rage:

It's undisputed that Rage is the strongest tank in practice and their core mechanic was so strong they didn't even need to worry about scar tissue. I still personally would have preferred it AM days where rage's health was proportionate to the amount of npc's. Rage was meant to be a add tank but the stats revamp changes made it the best overall tank. What hurts rage tank is the timing gap between severe cooldowns but that is more poor shield management or latency issues with them requiring Ire which is a weak power to run as Rage.

Earth:

Earth has some bugs that could make it better with Brick's health bar disappearing, but fortify golem was fixed. Brick dying alot is just as much as the healers fault as Earth powerset. You'll see nature healers all the time not running cross poll or bloom (shouldn't be using bloom anyways) when they run with earth tanks and wonder why Brick dies easily in aoe? healers don't even try to heal pets or don't know how to. Even if they increase Totem's healing its a 30s cooldown ability and any kiting would make its heals even more worthless. Earth is incredibly strong for tanking, with jackhammer juggles, a clippable sc generator for SC shields that juggles, best battle tank. Blocking with jackhammer can't be a detractor as that is the whole mechanic around aftershocks

Ice:

Balanced in its own sense, any changes like returning Bitter Winds to damage mitigation and a knockup would make Ice too strong, Ice can run 5 shields and a taunt power and the shields can even taunt, strong encasement SC, having ice encase again would be more problematic for dps

Atomic:

Density needs a higher BSM still, that is the only missing change. Breakout profiles are what caused the downfall of Atomic because it depended on the juggles and it still shows it is possible like CoTe but the issue is that Atom Splitter's overlapping pull CC causes the npc's to be immune faster and then thermochemical can't juggle.

Fire:

Fire tanks have gotten the short end of the stick since stats revamp. The push to make fire a active tank and not just a tank that blocks and takes all that damage and heals it back is the shame. Fire was the best single target tank in the old SM, ice couldn't touch it in SM's like OAN. I would have reversed it back to where total health by 60% plus 2.2 health per point of dominance. Your healing received is increased by 80%. I would change Eternal Flame to work like it did previously where you get double heals per tick of damage in for the set duration, I would not have the penalty for fire losing healing in while blocking, I would increase the percentage at which resto contributes to fire's healing, as using a full resto spec with fire really doesn't have that much of a noticeable impact against running a balanced resto spec. Immolation's changes are interesting we'll see how it plays out but I would have liked to see the BSM increased on it or have it work like Absorption Adapter so it could have synergy with our health pools.
    • Like x 4
  17. Black Jaq Devoted Player

At this point, I believe the Brick bug is back again. His shield is no longer mitigating his damage. I thought he felt more squishy.
  18. Cyro Committed Player

Overall i completely agree with what you are saying but i dont think its likely to happen. I tried to push for fire to be a turtle tank during stats and that didnt happen, i doubt we will get a power overhaul(as much as i think every fire player wants it) and with the current state of the game it maybe best we dont get it. If fire becomes a turtle tank again and we have to kite at the same time fire would be screwed since they removed the immunity from block roll.

Edit: why are my posts not tagging people
  19. Templeton Active Player

Agreed on Density needing higher BSM, and Atom Splitter been ruined after revamp, but I can't complain about it, the animations for it are so long, even if it worked out nowadays it would make kiting unimaginable and the self heals of combos delayed. Also Thermochemical Explosion does juggle.
  20. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

It does juggle but I meant for the atomic tanks that run both atom splitter and themochemical alternating you will quickly run into the issue of the npc's breaking out and becoming immune and they will attack you while you are left at the mercy of comboing instead of just using thermochemical and being able to consistently always juggle the npc's infront of you in those heavy npc fights or hallways.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.