Test Discussion GU103: Source Shard Artifact

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Batuba, Mar 19, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Realsaiyin Active Player

Is there a possibility to make combos have a chance to reset Godwave Strength too? And maybe putting a 1 second cooldown for the chance to reset so abilities like Jackhammer don't abuse it.
    • Like x 1
  2. iWiezzler New Player

To be fair I don't like the prec cooldown idea, as this art isn't made for prec powers. I was just thinking of the best way to make sorc all around better to keep on par with the other top powers.
  3. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Yeah, this art is definitely more suited for might builds
  4. Illumin411 Loyal Player

So then that means might DPS has two pet based artifact choices and precision has zero despite the fact that precision DPS uses pets just as much.
  5. Trexlight Devoted Player

Precision DPS probably have 1 or 2 Might abilities in their loadout. Even comparing it to a Might Build, they too will only have 1-2 maybe 3 Might abilities to trigger the CD reduction. Everyone is essentially in the same boat on the limit of abilities in the loadout. I certainly havent looked at a full Precision build but rocking out my Hybrid builds, I only have 1 active Might ability. I could have a second one if i remove my Weapon Buff and even a third if I remove Talon Strike.
    • Like x 1
  6. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Did you say a might loadout only has 1-3 abilities that trigger the cooldown??? I would say 3-5 unless there’s something about that mechanic I’m missing. Even if it is less than that, might DPS is hitting those powers constantly on a rotation whereas a precision DPS is clipping 1-2 might powers in to the weapon buff once every 12-15 seconds. So it’s still not really apples to apples.
    • Like x 1
  7. Trexlight Devoted Player

I'll have to level my Artifact to that higher Rank because Im seeing it as the Damaging Might powers triggering the Gadwave Reset. I'll test it out.
  8. L T Devoted Player

Well two of your abilities are a pet and the godwave ability, so anything over 4 the math really doesn't work out ;)

If you're using a supercharge, you're down to 3. For might or precision. I haven't found a huge difference between them yet.
    • Like x 2
  9. Trexlight Devoted Player

What LT said is right.

i tried it at Rank 160 and yeah, it Resets with any Power on the Loadout Bar thats not Godwave or the Pet
  10. p3rf3ctxxxdark Well-Known Player

Your not wrong but the difference is in the consistency of powers being used. Might uses a power for every attack some spammable so even wit just 3 powers available it can get alot more chances at a cooldown reset. Prec only pops a power to refresh or clip and the powers being popped are alot further apart.
    • Like x 1
  11. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Below 200 is only two pets which could be the Grimorium Void Gazer and Trinket pet. And judging by how often I hear Rage DPS’s brag about how many Berserks they just popped in that one hallway...But yeah, the likelihood is that in the majority of cases, your math would be more apt.

I still fully stand by the part of my statement about frequency though. There’s no way clipping one or two powers in to the weapon buff once every 12-15 seconds is resetting Godwave with the same frequency as any 3-4 power Might rotation.

In a 60s parser might DPS will pop 25-45 powers. A prec DPS will pop 4-20
  12. AV Loyal Player

Godwave Strength (clipped with)>Stealth occasionally cancels the effect of Godwave Strength, but not always.
  13. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

The concept of the artifact is to give players a 3rd option to dpsing, might, prec and pets. You say as a prec dps you don't use your powers enough to proc the refresh just on clipping the weapon buff, that is your choice as a player. You could doomspin and cancel out every couple seconds to hit a power for low dmg but have the 10% chance. No serious prec dps would but that is still your choice this isn't a prec artifact you can't be expected that the entire game will cater to your entire whim as prec just because you want to do extra damage ontop of unbalanced weapon combos. If a might dps wants to change their rotations to spam low cooldown powers that is their choice as well. This artifact is meant to be a substitution of playstyle not to supplement passive damage.
    • Like x 4
  14. p3rf3ctxxxdark Well-Known Player

And with this statement u have demonstrated how little knowledge u have of prec so u must be might based. U talk as if I'm sayin this for me like I'm the only prec player smh and the fact u are calling all pets passive dmg is just nonsense. Cant have a constructive conversation with someone whose whole mentality is I'm right ur wrong cuz I'm might and ur prec and then calling weapon combos unbalanced lol doomspin is the only unbalanced weapon attack right now and I dont even use it.im talking about balancing an art for diff playstyles the way they have done for the last few arts like both trans/strat card, EoG and grim those are balanced toward both might and prec. Stop being a narrow minded might dps and start think like a dps in general regardless of being pftt or weapons. When u can do that rather then just attack me like I'm just trying to do this for me rather then all players who happen to use pets and want to be prec instead of might then we can have solid convos about balance etc..
  15. Trexlight Devoted Player

....bruh.......thats f@#!ing ObsidianChill. The dude knows his roles and his damage. He isnt someone that pulls random out of the air, he has his facts and his numbers to back him up. Classifying him or anyone as this "you must be a might DPS" is straight the truest form of being narrow minded.

What he says is indeed true. Not all Artifacts will fit into every playstyle. You can certain try and see if it fits your playstyle. If this artifact doesnt work for Precision then its not the end of the world and you can ignore this artifact. If you want to have your Precision build focused more on having RSK and other Pets doing more damage, then as a creative player, you'll find a way to make it work or it just wont.

I can tell you I found a Hybrid Build for Sorcery and Earth that focuses on the Pet first and Precision 2nd. Is it good? Does alright but Im also not as skilled as others with Dual Flurry so it could perform better in better hands. Hybrid of course in of itself is not worth it and yet, as a creative player, I made it work and even had fun with it.

Does this artifact favor Might more? Kinda since any ability on the loadout will have a chance to Proc the CD Reset. Just might mean Prec may need to hit more on the loadout or just get lucky with only hitting 2 abilities. This Artifact is also geared towards "needing to hit abilities on the loadout to reset Ability". If you cant do it then obviously that means this artifact isnt made towards Precision BUT you still hit an ability on your loadout so you at least have a shot on getting it. Just not as much as a Might DPS player but then again, thats your choice as a player on how you want to play your damage role.

Sorry its not for Precision directly but you at least have the option. You just have to change a few things if you want to utilize on it. You know, adapt.
    • Like x 1
  16. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

I was interested in this artifact but we can only wear 3. So at the moment can't support it. Ì don't think there is anymore artifacts for prec they can ever come out with. We have all the right ones now. Unless We get a 4th slot or an artifact to go through npcs. that one might be a game changer for close range dps and tanks. Nothing kills overall dmg out when u have to jump over npcs or can't move. Now with that said they need to get to balancing weapons again and dps roles so we can get more slots. At the moment they will stop making money with 3 slots. Ur paying player base can't do much for revenue with 3 slots. Another progression system is an option aswell. They said they got more systems to add bring it let's see it if 3 slots is all we get
  17. Batuba Developer

That sounds like a challenge... *Takes up the gauntlet*
    • Like x 4
  18. p3rf3ctxxxdark Well-Known Player

Idc who he is, dont bash a simple suggestion. The point of these threads are to express opinions and suggestions not criticize someone for them. Atleast you are not, instead u r giving constructive criticism and ur opinions on the matter rather then just sayin i wanted the game catering to me as if I'm the only one thinking this about the new artifact. I'm merely asking about these things and making possible suggestions yes I am a prec player but I also am might, and majority of pet powered players are also prec especially if u are earth since it doesnt have a viable range loadout or single target for elite raids and this pet artifact could change that for both might and prec but we wont know till it's out just seemed unbalanced to give might the advantage when the artifact is supposed to be pet based. Also it will affect combo powered might players that may want to use it
    • Like x 2
  19. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Ok, so lets just concede that this is a might DPS artifact and anyone who thinks it should be both is just whining that the world doesn’t revolve around them. Fine. Case closed.

So now the question is, why give precision as a stat instead of power? Power is kind of important for might DPSing. Most might DPS’s considering swapping this artifact in will most likely have to make a considerable concession in that regard. Not that it’s not possible and maybe I’m overstating the sacrifice. But what’s the point of even having to make it? It’s as useful as the precision that that Dilustel Refractor gives or the Dom that the Sparring AI gives (though I know why they did at the time considering the tanking metas back then plus the shortage of options). But yeah, just seems pointless and an odd departure from the last few rounds of artifacts which all gave stats useful to the intended role(s).
    • Like x 1
  20. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

I don't think I am the one being narrow minded here ;) you should check your comprehension of the subject matter my confused friend. In what situation do you think this Source Shard artifact would be viable for precision dps? Would you like them to make godwave clippable? do you want it to proc the refresh on weapon attacks? (LMAO) you are only thinking of this artifact as a way to do more damage as a precision dps and completely disregarding what Batuba has already said in that this artifact is for players who want to focus their build towards pets. Do you realize the amount of damage you would lose as a precision dps taking off one of the artifacts in a VWD-Trans-Strat combination? You take off Strat and put Source Shard on instead and that is a massive damage drop off that you are expecting to make up by breaking your combo to use Godwave? Do you think a precision dps should be interrupting their combos multiple times just to hit a unclippable power for increase pet damage for 5 seconds? If you are Earth or Sorc prec dps you'd have to ensure anyways that you hit offering/fortify before Godwave or you lose massive damage which then you are slowing down your precision rotation even further. Do you realize the type of damage pets actually do in the game or have any factual numbers on the subject (besides just using the data i've already published) Since the very beginning Batuba has outlined what he expected players to do with this artifact in using low cooldown spam-able powers to consistently proc the refresh on Godwave which is fine on paper but won't always work in practice due to a myriad of different reasons and situations.

Re-read your first sentence again and applies to you not I in our conversation.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.