Test Discussion GU103: Source Shard Artifact

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Batuba, Mar 19, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Batuba Developer

Hello everyone!

This thread is for discussing bugs and general feedback of the new Source Shard artifact.

Source Shard

This miniscule fleck of Source energy remains connected to the unimaginable power of the Source.

Breakthrough Abilities:
    • Rank 80: Grants Godwave Strength
      • Godwave Strength is a tray ability that increases 1 pet's damage for 5 seconds.
    • Rank 120: Godwave Strength now affects up to 2 pets.
    • Rank 160: Using a Superpower now has a chance to reset the cooldown of Godwave Strength.
    • Rank 200: Godwave Strength now affects up to 3 pets.
    Developer Notes: the Source Shard is designed with a simple goal in mind: invite you to take on a pet-centric playstyle, where you can directly and actively influence pet damage output.

There are two main elements to consider while using this artifact.
    1. What pets to use and when.
    2. What types of abilities to use to complement Godwave Strength and your pets.
    First, note that this artifact will only buff up to 3 of your pets at a time, so it's important to attempt to have your strongest three pets out (and no others) when you cast Godwave Strength. This is because the ability will target randomly among your pets, so if you only have your strongest pets out, you guarantee that they are the ones that will be buffed.

Second, consider how Superpowers have a chance to reset the cooldown of Godwave Strength, and choose your Superpowers wisely. One strategy might be to use abilities with low cooldowns and low powercosts, in order to 'fish' for that reset for Godwave Strength.

Recommended Artifact Pairings:
    • Grimorium Verum
    These are not the only considerations or the only builds to play with pets, of course, and we look forward for your feedback.

Thank you!
    Batuba
    • Like x 2
  2. Berza Committed Player

Hi Batuba, in the post we can read Superpowers had a chance to reset the tray ability cooldown, but unless I'm wrong, you stated previously that Weapon attacks will reset it too. Is it working that way?
  3. Batuba Developer

Currently set up for Superpowers (aka tray abilities).
  4. Berza Committed Player

Ok thank you.
  5. Siramez Well-Known Player

The new ability from the artifact needs to be clippable because some powers like sorcery is very limited in doing the rotation from tray playstyle.
    • Like x 2
  6. geoforcee100 Well-Known Player

ALL Sorc pets with and without new pet artifact tested below: Video will be out soon! testing earth right now
    SORCERY:
    Fury:
    [IMG]
    WITH NEW ART:
    [IMG]

Gaurdian:
    [IMG]
    WITH NEW ART:
    [IMG]

Grand Summoning SC:
    [IMG]
    WITH THE NEW ART:
    [IMG]

watcher:
    [IMG]
    WITH NEW ART:
    [IMG]

EARTH
    Brick
    [IMG]
    WITH NEW ART:
    [IMG]

CRYSTEL
    [IMG]
    WITH NEW ART:
    [IMG]
  7. Penryn The Gadgeteer

A couple of things I'm noticing:
    1. Godhand Wave is generating two Supercharge ticks (41+120) whenever I use it. I was expecting to see one.
    2. Whenever the reset proc happens, you get two additional Supercharge ticks (41+120). That was unexpected too.
    • Like x 2
  8. Echo Blue Committed Player

Hello Everyone,

Does this artifact affect my pets which are activated from mu "Utility Belt"? My main toon is a CR 292 Nature Healer but I still play with little green pumpkin healer class pet from the Halloween Seasonal Event from years ago. Will this artifact make the pumpkin's attacks stronger? Also if this Artifact does affect these types of pets, are the newer pets, like some of the Boo's actually stronger then the pumpkin pets?

Thanks.
  9. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Yes. This artifact will buff your trinket pet's attacks too.

EDIT: It seems to work on all my pet trinkets except for Green Crystal Turret.
    • Like x 1
  10. geoforcee100 Well-Known Player

Updated with earth pet damage graphs too!
  11. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

already asked for that when it acctidentally slipped on test.
    Since he hasnt mentioned it as a possible Option yet, i think this Dream died :(
    • Like x 2
  12. Maxwill Committed Player

Yeah it's a support power, not attacking one, so it should be clippable and it should clip other powers ( not channeling ones of course).
  13. Cyro Committed Player

In the description it says doesnt work with turret class pets
    • Like x 1
  14. Echo Blue Committed Player

Thanks for that info.
  15. AV Loyal Player

Would be broken. It's already very potent as is and the CD mechanic procs constantly. If you could clip it, it'd be a way-too-frequent clip available on an already strong af power.
  16. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

The trident artifact lowers the cooldowns on your utility belt right? So that would make it a good choice as well, if of course I’m not mistaken about the tridents ability
  17. AV Loyal Player

Any chance we could get a pet vendor on test? Big part of this thing's potential kicks in when we summon our trinket pets and the best trinket pets are a lil annoying to get.
    • Like x 1
  18. Illumin411 Loyal Player

So in that case, by my count that’s two pet artifacts geared towards might DPS and zero for precision DPS, correct?
  19. Batuba Developer

Yes, I'm looking to add some of the more used trinket pets on the vendor.
    • Like x 4
  20. AV Loyal Player

Thanks!

Initial feedback:

- Excellent raw stats and % mods keep this reasonably competitive
    - This is fun to use and feels fairly well balanced already for ST rotations. Lil RNG dependent but that's partially where the fun is at.
    - QoL complaint: Godwave Strength overwriting itself feels bad. Should feel good seeing it reset on the first power but it doesn't, cuz it means your next cast or two won't get a chance to do a meaningful reset. If there was some way for the duration to be cumulative, it would be nice, as it kinda feels like we're getting a lil robbed at times as is. Alternatively, you could add a lvl 200 bonus that procs if you manage to activate Godwave while Godwave is still active, like a damage burst proportional the the time remaining on the initial Godwave.
    - Well done visual design on both Godwave Strength itself and the reset proc.
    - Give the reset proc chance a cool effect name. Feels slightly naked in terms of lore flavour w/o that imo
    - Pets are CR-based damage, can't crit, some can die, and they don't benefit from self or group buffs, augs, food, etc. Right now it feels like this was balanced vs other arts in solo play. The more buffs in play, the more this stands to lag behinds artis that aren't pet depend. Might need a bit of a buff to remain competitive in actual practice.
    - Ironically doesn't play well with Fortify/Offering (requires too much tray space) but that seems reasonable as it'd be a lil OP on Earth/Sorc otherwise. (But that's without seeing what this can do with a construct bat summoned every time, esp w tac swapped Scepter)

Overall I really like this and it makes for a more dynamic/engaging playstyle.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.