Test Discussion GU103: Everyman Prototype Artifact

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Batuba, Mar 19, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Batuba Developer

Hello everyone!

This thread is for discussing bugs and general feedback of the new Everyman Prototype artifact.

Everyman Prototype

Luthor's process for giving regular folks powers was an unmitigated success... until he terminated the test subjects.

Breakthrough Abilities:
    • Rank 80: Grants Genetic Alterations (Passive)
      • Increases your defense equal to a percentage of your max health value when your health gets low.
      • Health Range Bonuses:
        • 75-51%: Gain 0% of max health converted to defense.
        • 50-31%: Gain 3% of max health converted to defense.
        • 30% or Lower: Gain 6% of max health converted to defense.
    • Rank 120: Genetic Alterations increases defense further
      • Health Range Bonuses:
        • 75-51%: Gain 0% of max health converted to defense.
        • 50-31%: Gain 6% of max health converted to defense.
        • 30% or Lower: Gain 9% of max health converted to defense.
    • Rank 160: Generic Alterations increases defense even further
      • Health Range Bonuses:
        • 75-51%: Gain 2% of max health converted to defense.
        • 50-31%: Gain 6% of max health converted to defense.
        • 30% or Lower: Gain 9% of max health converted to defense.
    • Rank 200: Generic Alterations increases defense even more further
      • Health Range Bonuses:
        • 75-51%: Gain 4% of max health converted to defense.
        • 50-31%: Gain 9% of max health converted to defense.
        • 30% or Lower: Gain 12% of max health converted to defense.
    Developer Notes: the Everyman Prototype is designed to let you better manage the damage you take by leveling out the spikes. The more damage you have taken, the better your defense. This artifact is especially good for players that see their health drop constantly and dramatically.

One way to fully maximize this artifact is to increase your health as much as possible because it directly scales off of your maximum health value (not your current health value).

Recommended Artifact Pairings:
    • Mystic Symbol of the Seven
    • Dilustel Refractor
    • Manacles of Force
    We are looking forward to your feedback on how this changes the feel when tanking, especially against more difficult content.

Thank you!
    Batuba
    • Like x 2
  2. Maxwill Committed Player

FEEDBACK : This artifact is great for Fire and Rage tanks, BUT NOT for ICE, i think neither for atomic and earth...

Ice and maybe other tanks,except from fire and rage, need to gain some health based on defense.
  3. Ekart Committed Player

If you read the description you can see, the artifact is not intended for Ice. And it's good it's not. Fire needs some love also.
    • Like x 4
  4. L T Devoted Player

when combined with dilustel, this artifact initially seems quite strong.
  5. p3rf3ctxxxdark Well-Known Player

My question is how long does each tier buff stay active once it switches to a diff health tier??
  6. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

from my testing results its instant.
    Your Health is at 20% -> Max buff
    become healed to 50% Health -> instantly less defense.
  7. p3rf3ctxxxdark Well-Known Player

So mostly useful when near death.
  8. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Correct, wich is why i believe this would Benefit Fire tanks much more than Rage.
    If the effect would last for a few seconds, i'd say its also extremely good for Rage.
  9. spack2k Steadfast Player

it works as a soft safe net incase ur healer is lagging or ur shield is still on cd, it will increase ur window to stay alive by ~3 sec at max buff (tested on open world boss with 12 adds)
  10. Rejchadar Inquisitor

At the moment, I managed to test this artifact with rage only on Open world Baunty (metal 1 and 2), it felt a little easier for Pure Face Tanking.
    If your HP does not fall or replenishes too quickly, then you will not feel the usefulness of the artifact, but on the other hand with it you have a little more window for error ...
  11. p3rf3ctxxxdark Well-Known Player

It's going to be interesting to see on dom based tanks rage excluded since it buffs health 2
  12. Brav Well-Known Player

Awesome Artifact to me so far. I've tested it on my fire and I enjoy it. I personally wouldn't mind some of the percents to shift/increase a tad (some lower percents at lower ranks/ranges to a couple more at the higher ranks/ranges) but it seems to work/do its' job at the moment. When your health drops quite a bit your defense increases thus slowing the damage down some and gives you a little extra time to recover.

Very good concept and brings a little defensive feel to fire when your health reaches a certain/low point. This is definitely something I was looking for on my fire tank. Goes well with the recent changes to fire/tanks, though fire can still use a little extra tweaks/increases in heals some. Other then that fire is doing okay and it is a decent improvement/help none the less. Thank you.
  13. Maxwill Committed Player

I agree with the fact that fire needs some love, also rage a little bit for tanking only 1 boss. But with adds ice would be still weaker most powers .
    • Like x 1
  14. The Anxient Loyal Player

I don't see the big deal if it's not that beneficial to ice. None of the other tanks benefit from manacles as much as ice does. Just the way it is.
    • Like x 3
  15. AV Loyal Player

Exactly. This is basically a "Manacles" for the tank powers that didn't really benefit from Manacles.
    • Like x 1
  16. Trexlight Devoted Player

Is it possible to have the blue/white animation change colors when you reach certain percentages? Just a minor thought on it and figured it would be pretty cool.
  17. Templeton Active Player

Agreed.
  18. Batuba Developer

Due to how much HP can shift back and forth, it was making any FX tied to it very noisy. We opted to remove any FX tied to the artifact.
    • Like x 4
  19. L T Devoted Player

Was planning on doing some more subjective testing of this today, but couldn't get on. This seems really really strong so far, and I haven't leveled it all the way up yet.
    • Like x 1
  20. AV Loyal Player

I agree it's strong but I'm finding that the degree to which it buffs Fire/Rage is comparable to the degree to which Manacles buffed Ice, it's just easier to feel the difference since we see the impact on our damage in and health bar in real time whereas Manacles just makes Ice's safety net tighter with the 10% CD reduction.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.