Test Discussion GU103: B.O.P. Commlink Artifact

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Batuba, Mar 19, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. p3rf3ctxxxdark Well-Known Player

Is the proc based on vit or is it just a flat power tic?
    • Like x 1
  2. Batuba Developer

based on Vit
  3. p3rf3ctxxxdark Well-Known Player

Follow up question then will it be slightly buffed I mean the tics seem pretty low for 6secs. I also wonder if maybe letting them crit if they dont already
  4. CandySlinger Active Player

Has anyone tried a build with both Birds' Blitz and their original supercharge debuff since they added sc to the move? Wondering if using both generates supercharge noticeable quicker. Maybe a soul cloak+claw for battle troll and soul cloak + rao for shield troll?
  5. Andreas Denali New Player

I currently run the Scrap, Amulet of Rao, Parasites Power Harness for my HL troll. Was looking to swapping out my Power Harness with the new B.O.P. artifact but based on testing the power tics are so small and the reduction in tray debuffs lasting only 6 secs instead of the normal 12 secs it’s more viable to just spam instant power to generate more power for group members.
  6. Batuba Developer

The ticks are low, however, it only has an internal CD of 0.5 seconds. So you can get 2 ticks per second if you are hitting in AoE and have dot's rolling. It actually becomes a pretty nice power over time that allows the controller to continue casting. This newest build is fixing an issue to where dot ticks were not making the power tick go off. If we make the power heal too strong, this artifact will become basically mandatory for controllers, which the whole idea is that players have options.
    • Like x 4
  7. p3rf3ctxxxdark Well-Known Player

I see what you mean, I guess its because I was thinking this artifact was leaning toward battle trolling and being used in unison with Claw ,I didn't really see a full spec troll running Bop in place of all the other better suited power output artifacts
  8. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Question
    "Fixed issue where Siphon Weakness from BOP Commlink would not proc on DoTs."

Just to clear up any confusion, should Siphon Weakness only proc when I cast the DoT or should it proc at 0.5 second intervals for the duration of the DoT?

I'm trying out Gadgets Cryo-Field and only seeing Siphon Weakness proc on cast.

Also, pets don't seem to be generating power healing ticks anymore for the combination of B.O.P. Commlink + Amulet of Rao.
  9. Batuba Developer

It should proc when ever the target takes damage from the DoT.
    • Like x 1
  10. not_again Dedicated Player

Crazy questions incoming, can this artifact be used by other classes since it creates a new power? Does the new power debuff if you are a different class?
  11. Rejchadar Inquisitor

At the moment, to put on artifact need to be power with controller role
  12. Vengeance Gray Level 30

@batuba

Will this also effect the CC time of the powers or just the debuff? Thanks.
  13. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Cc aren’t affected by debuffs or even dom. In order to do any cc you just need to meet the dominance requirement. Any further dom does not affect cc. There are currently no artifacts that affect CCs
  14. Batuba Developer

UPDATE -

Last build did not fix the proc ticking off DoTs (opps). This NEXT build should! Consider there is still a 0.5 second internal cooldown to the proc. I've also increased the power healing of Siphon Weakness.

As an additional note, there is currently a bug I'm seeing locally to where this proc does not crit. This is a bug as there is meant to be synergy between this artifact and Strategist Card.

Between these two changes (fixes) you should see a largish amount of extra power healing from the artifact and synergies with other artifacts.
    • Like x 1
  15. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Don't worry if that bug is harder to track down :p, I very highly doubt there will be players running Strategist Card with B.O.P Commlink unless they normally DPS only and they don't have any other artifacts. The highest synergy comes with the parasite, amulet, claw
    • Like x 1
  16. AberrantAngel Committed Player

Not sure because I have not been able to test this yet. But at 160 plus if the bop artifact does not activate the parasite, then it is possible that the only reason you would be running the parasite would be for the starts. Since the parasite grants extra power when casting a debuff. So it may be that running a strat card could possibly make up for that power loss with those crits. Just a thought.
    Again have not tested to see if the bop activated the parasite or not.
  17. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Ideally you wouldn't be running parasite anyways but higher likelihood players have that leveled. The BOP Commlink has the best synergy with Claw and Amulet and if you wanted more of a dmg focused build you'd drop amulet for VWD/Tetra/COG etc. It's nice that BOP can work with others but its not something I would every recommend for an ideal setup outside the ones I mentioned. This artifact secondary mechanic supplements the lower power output from the Claw which was the real only drawback to running that artifact in raids groups.
    • Like x 1
  18. Batuba Developer

This is a bug that I just fixed :D Won't be out with next build, but the one after.
  19. Vengeance Gray Level 30

Thanks. I'm aware that debuffs and dom have no bearing on CC effects. However if an add is left untouched the CC effect time is usually the same as the debuff time. Wanted to make sure that when they changed one internally, they didn't change the other.
  20. allastter New Player

Hi, the purpose of this artifact is to remove three debuff powers and to put the artifact power however one of the debuff powers is the generator of overload and the power of artifact does not generate as much super charge for me this is a problem because it forces to put a power of debuff which is the generator of overload which goes against the objective of artifact that you had stated
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.