GU 76 Implosion Mine and Thermite Mine Bugs

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Penryn, Oct 20, 2017.

1. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Something in GU 76 broke Gadgets Implosion Mine and Thermite Mine Powers. They no longer auto-detonate based on proximity. Here is a demonstration:

They can't even be destroyed with Self-Destruct Signal now.

Those changes render them useless.

You have to wait on the auto-detonate timer now for them to inflict damage.
    • Like x 4
  2. zKrystal New Player

Happened to me too. Had to switchout implosion mine for sticky bomb
    • Like x 1
  3. ObsidianChill_DCUO Well-Known Player

noticed that in the Oblivion Bar mission as well :p if that is a permanent change rip gadgets melee :(
    • Like x 1
  4. Surtur Well-Known Player

They were being exploited in PVP. You can thank those guys for the changes.
  5. TestReporter Loyal Player

One thing doesn't justify another, it either needs to be fixed and keep working just for PVE until a PVP update or gadgets will need something else to replace it in PvE.
  6. Surtur Well-Known Player

If you want to get down to it. They can be exploited the same way in PVE.

You can set up ten mines and get max damage on every mine with one click.
    What other power can you attack 10 times in 1 second?
  7. Perdition Committed Player

It doesn't matter if they are being exploited or not in pvp.. then they should only fix it for pvp and not break PvE in the progress..
    The description of thermite mine clearly says: Cast Information
    Deploys a mine near the player. The mine will do damage in a sphere with a 15 meter radius. Thermite Mine will auto-detonate if an enemy is within 7 meters or after 15 seconds have elapsed (copied from gadget guide) i can't really see the exploit in PvE either, sinds it takes time to set them all up while the other dps just keeps adding damage so the result of total damage ends up the same. Just over a different time period.
    • Like x 1
  8. Hollow Gohan Well-Known Player

I don't believe you can put up more than 4-6 mines at a time (I don't quite remember since there's hardly ever a time this is actually useful), and even if you could, tanks do not usually take the time to pull a boss into them. Furthermore, anyone could simply put self-destruct into their loadouts and switch armories afterwards accomplishing the same exact thing as you've mentioned.

Your point is hardly substantial, and shouldn't be a reason as to why such a crucial part of many Gadgets DPS rotations should be changed. The significance and the impact of the mines auto-destructing is much greater in PVP (which is why it's a bug). I don't believe PVE should be affected the same way for an issue that only pertained to PVP.
    • Like x 1
  9. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Who is even playing PVP? Do the devs look at the numbers to see how many are queuing for that stuff?

If it's as low as I suspect, then they're chasing nothing at the sacrifice of their actual player base on PVE.
  10. Surtur Well-Known Player

I do if I feel like being frustrated. LOL..... Not really. I PVP for a change of pace mostly.

PVP is better than it has been for a long time. It is not perfect but it sure in the heck is better than it was. As compared to what happened to PVP in 2014/2015 it's a dream. You can actually change powers & stats up to counter others & I'm not talking about the cheese exploits either. It's closer to rock paper scissors than it has been in a long time. The days of rage & fire making you look like a chump in 2 seconds are over.

In general the playing field has been leveled and the ones really complaining are the ones that used the OP powers in PVP to begin with.
  11. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    From the latest hotfix:
    The mines detonate, but won't produce any damage if they are proximity triggered or destroyed with Sefl-Destruct Signal. Here is an example:

They will damage the target if you wait for the auto-detonate timers to expire.
  12. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Thanks. We will take another look.
    • Like x 1
  13. Savynaa Well-Known Player

I will not open another thread because this concerns gadget too.

I found another bug with the mine and sticky bomb. If you use mine far away from a monster for not detoning and use sticky bomb directly after the sticky bomb will bouncing on the mine and go in the sky :D ( so no damage :p ). So you must move for the sticky bomb don't bounce.
  14. Savynaa Well-Known Player

I think it's another bug when you go out of combat after a fight the turret explod herself after 2-3 sec. That mean you must summon turret every fight pretty annoying :x

ps: i tested right now even if you don't go in fight summon turret she explod after 2-3 sec :x