Test Discussion GU 57: Light Mid-range Adjustments

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Tunso, Jan 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kuroki Honoo Committed Player

Wait, if inspiration refreshes AM, how does that work. I'm lost in terms of when I do and don't have full AM damage, trying to imagine how this would work with some of my rotations.
  2. Greenchain Well-Known Player

Another thing, why don't the tray casts of MG and LB have mobility but do in combo? Very annoying with LB in troll mode when just trying to get a debuff in without comboing.
  3. Kuroki Honoo Committed Player

LW isn't used as a debuff. Mostly used for exploits now thinking about it xD (lw + telekenesis, weaponization) I've been a HL controller since it got released for the most part, prob like 3 years total, if they rework it and they're worried about controlling I can offer input in terms of how I spec and the consequences of such.
  4. Greenchain Well-Known Player

I think the idea is along the lines of Ice's Cold Snap and Ice Bash refreshing both AM and Power Regen. Combined with the mobility of those two moves provides a nice tactical advantage to Ice. INS should definitely be mobile.

Sometimes I feel too rooted in place for a "mobile" AM.
  5. Kuroki Honoo Committed Player

So that does include the clip then which means a blanket nerf?
  6. TRELL1 Well-Known Player

You talking about ice or HL? Because HL isn't classified as a mobile AM.
    • Like x 1
  7. VioletSorceress Committed Player

I can confirm that Combo Claw (lunging from distance) dont register damage and if you are at the add's face it will register damage.
    • Like x 1
  8. Greenchain Well-Known Player

Not necessarily especially since all that work this weekend was basically for naught. Need the new build and see where we're at. I guess if I could have an ideal setup it would be CRI all starting Regen like IB,CS, and WT do for Ice. INS and Recharge would be mobile like IB and CS and keep the AM up. Ice does it, why can't we?

Swear I saw a box chart somewhere that had HL checked off as both Mobile (LB and MG combos) and Combo AM. Could be wrong.
  9. TRELL1 Well-Known Player

10. Greenchain Well-Known Player

11. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

At the risk of being off-topic, I just want to say that I think you should add an actual animation to Inspiration. The GL and SC logos should appear under you, like how Rage has.
    • Like x 1
  12. Pults Loyal Player

Combo AM, mobile AMs have chanelled powers or ones with castbars - hurray for fire!
  13. ErnieB Loyal Player

Inspiration will stay the same, that's clear by now, same as PP, we have to work with how the tree is now, if anything the only one I see being possible is the 4-7 melee, at least now we have a shorter window of both AM but also the time we got to go back to AM damage. And I just did a rougue test (didn't took any data because the lag on test server for me is horrible), and Tunso does need to take a look at the exploit some have mentioned, but other than that the power is doing very well, as long as numbers aren't changed but the way the AM works is, I do believe we can be competitive with any power, even their belived pets, we wont be able to one hit anything so almost every power will have the upper hand on that, but at least on bosses we should have a fair chance.
  14. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

Think of Inspiration as Light way of using a buff like how Munitions has Killer Instinct that activates and refreshes the AM.
  15. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

Still at a disadvantage once Tunso updates test based on interruption only because Light cannot clip the trinket or consumable like other powers to buff damage further, that has to be looked into.

As for Inspiration, I think it should be removed all together from Light. IMO that is a stupid power now that the AM is getting better adjustments and the placement of it is stupid as well.

I rather have an ability there that is useful for trolls, something unique.
    • Like x 1
  16. MrHoiPolloi Well-Known Player

So what you are saying then is that zero meters melee, with nothing that allows survivability at that range, is going to be our lot in life. I'm disappointed :(
  17. Tunso Developer

You're right, I was off by a point. You can't actually get both without sacrificing Weapons Expert or Tactic Genius which we don't want you to have to do. I may swap Light Weight and Whip Thrash which should let that loadout work

And before you ask, I'm still not moving Inspiration as its not part of the AM. It's also in the other tree. :D
    • Like x 11
  18. Green Lantern Fadi Loyal Player

THANK U!!
  19. jr1nc Dedicated Player

ive been testing alot today and ive noticed some good numbers at sparring target! but i will say that these numbers im hitting wont be viable in raids... i will be at times in range /mid range... i will get stunned or knocked back... i will have to repeat my rotations... i will have to pick up and i will have to stop and move! if you or we mange to stay focused dpsing in a raid meaning avoiding other members in the group for pick ups... moving to one side to another not participating in mechanics because players want to be on the top scoreboard charts then HL will bring problems ... HL is good but you really need to focus to put good damage in avoiding everything around you and the mechanics of the game! right now HL is either good for good damage less participation ingame or ok damage with working with a league or team! when i see myself and everyone working with sparring target makes me wonder are we actually going to be standing still doing this in raids??? NOOOOO not at all! my take HL will still be a little under in damage after all is done!
  20. Rokyn Dedicated Player

Thanks for stating that. Too many people are convinced that they need Inspiration in their rotations. I personally think Inspiration is best used for a Controller IMO to buff your teammates with the extra 6th slot. Well I guess I can see where you are coming from but personally I might divide the 2 rotations up to different armories because I like to fill my loadout with ultility powers such as:

• Group Shielding
    • Light Barrier
    • Robot Sidekick
    • Maybe Inspiration or the 35% Finisher
    That's usually the thing with me with the Light AM is...what else to put on your loadout? I could look into Movement powers possibly as well.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.