Test Discussion GU 57: Light Mid-range Adjustments

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Tunso, Jan 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kuroki Honoo Committed Player

we'll see, I'm pretty sure I'll find something ^_^ And I just hopped on real quick and the basic combo rotation w/o the clip was giving me 30-35k still so I'm going to beat ice regardless :3
  2. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

Gadgets and Mental AM were not built around Stealth or Invisibility. They were build around the simple loadout with Distract and Grandeur. I know from my testing the risk vs reward is not worth it for Gadget or Mental 3 MT/EMP loadout. Yet many players use it as it produces more damage.

As for Super Charge I agree those should be left out. I was making a simple point that with the right setup on can hit 70K in damage no problem. That is all I was proving.

As I stated though I wanted the window when interrupted and it would be nice if it included time if I make a mistake but it appears the later will not happen. Ok, I'm fine with that, but first I have a few questions around interruptions.

Please explain in detail what is considered an interruption for Light going forward. I would like clarification as there are mechanics in content that force me to stop but are not counters or lunges that interrupt my rotation, for instance, the black corruption from BD and BN stops HL rotation that is not a lunge or a counter. Would this classify an interruption or a stop by the player, how would something like this register on your end Tunso?

I want clarity around what is an interruption to ensure that Light does not get handcuffed in an instance due to mechanics that cause us damage loss that stops our AM but is considered a player stop vs. an interruption.
  3. Delta796th Loyal Player

Rotation?
  4. Kuroki Honoo Committed Player

That last part is what I was wondering lol Depending on what an add does whether it be cc from a weapon combo (backflip from rifle, brawling backfist while doing a melee rotation to where it's just a stun) or an instance mechanic or human error, are adds lunging during a ranged rotation the only way to get forgiveness.
  5. Kuroki Honoo Committed Player

the standard fan->impact->lightblast->minigun->ram->fan repeated. I'll go back and record that footage alone later today along with a hybrid spec I already came up with. I only threw out a few rotations I had before because the clip blew them out. I never used the standard rotation like that when I first started testing. I went from prec/might->might->clip for my testing. If the clip is gone, then I can still go back and test my hybrid/clipping rotations vs. the standard and still find something stronger. Just depends.
    • Like x 1
  6. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

If they cannot account for all the various interruptions they may have to adjust the damage down and I do not want that.

As for inspiration buff, in one of my Light thread, not this one, I stated any time inspiration or chompers were used player would not get the AM buff until the DoT or inspiration ended. That is what I asked for Light.

I like the combo and would like to make the Combos strong and keep them strong, but I do not want them to be OP in the sense that Crystal or Fury is when buff with power from a barrel, supply drop or a SC. Or how strong Ice gets after it uses its Elemental form.

I want Light to be competitive and not OP. I also do not want it to suffer damage loss when a true interruption happens that they cannot label as a true interruption, such as the black corruption or can they?
    • Like x 1
  7. Kuroki Honoo Committed Player

And before I even get into testing the hybrid spec, Ima go and see if I can find out how he has it coded to be adds lunge only. If it's not and it includes cc as a whole, If it's a breakout that triggers the forgiveness I was gonna try hl shield and a breakout trinket and a tank group breakout rotation and see if I can space them enough to still do the clip fairly often. Like I said, I'll find something if it's there xD It'll be good coding on their part if I don't.
    • Like x 1
  8. Greenchain Well-Known Player

Approximate ETA on that correction?

Am I understanding this correctly that when this is corrected if we were doing the GGJr rotation when we clip the MG tray ability mid rotation this will cause the modifier to drop off for the 1.5 sec period again? Do I got right? Think I can live with that.

As far as this or some fan variation becoming the cookie cutter rotation, how many HL DPS (not that we see many these days on Live) are using Ram>Fan infinite chain? I got in from someone kicking my butt in LOLS about a year ago. Suddenly I was seeing it everywhere.
  9. Kuroki Honoo Committed Player

basically every one, its just the infinite chain and the wm version of the infinite chain right now until I test a few things.
  10. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

Knowing the code is probably the most important thing.

If you go with Range rotation, Light Barrier, and Inspiration you will not be able to take the bonuses from the Iconic tree. I tested Iconic vs Inspiration and they produce similar damage, in fact the Iconic won out by a hair.

If CC effects is what allows Light to get back into the AM, than it is well programmed. If it is a breakout that allows Light to get back into the AM, it is also well programmed. Both are similar in design. The later will allow players to tweak loadouts to try to squeeze out some more damage but I suspect it will be minimal compared to the other things you have found.
  11. Greenchain Well-Known Player

Have you slept in the last 24 hours?? LOL
  12. Xibo Loyal Player

At least on alerts is in line with pet powers.
  13. Kuroki Honoo Committed Player

if the iconics only won by a hair if I factor in the extra clipping damage its prob more, and you guys were already discussing changing the trees around so that might remove that for me anyway xD

As for minimal, all I need is 34-36/37 consistently for it to be a top dps still/technically above standards by a good amount. Which is actually funny because that's what I dipped down to when I messed up the clip. If I can get a clip ever so often somehow I might be able to hit that range still.
  14. VioletSorceress Committed Player

Bottom line is that after fixes Light will be the only power set that wont be able to switch between Melee and Midrange with same rotation, which is the most desired combination for a dps. We gonna be stuck at 30K sustained dps in raids.

Giving 35K+ to a 100% lunging melee rotation means nothing outside Duos and Normal version of alerts. We wont be able to even melee dps Elite alerts before being seriously over geared.

Range rotation needs melee dmg scale at 0-7m or Light will be forever handicapped in raids and with worst Power Point allocation...
    • Like x 2
  15. Kuroki Honoo Committed Player

I chilled for like 3 hours that was it, I got an exam in 2 hours and then back to testing with this lol
  16. Fies Committed Player

GL.;)

Hopefully we can get an answer soon. I doubt it (underlined). Using this rotation: "mini-gun -> ram -> fan -> impact -> light blast -> mini-gun -> ram with the this ram clipped with the tray ability of mini-gun and repeat the combo cycle" already nets 35k+ dps (mid) without even using chompers/insp whatever at the start. Initial parses (first 10 sec) are around 25-31k (again without using chompers/insp).
  17. Tunso Developer

Speaking with Production about it, we probably won't be able to get a new PC Test build finished until tommorrow. There is Crossplay related stuff happening right now that's taking priority.
    • Like x 5
  18. Green Lantern Fadi Loyal Player

It's clearly he wants Hl to be garbage again , I'm not saying that from me but his action make it clear cuz he can not see the big picture
  19. Greenchain Well-Known Player

Screw Crossplay!! Down with Xbox!! Must test HL...Must Test HL....Must Test HL..... :D :p

Got it Thanks!! Does finished also include pushed out to the server?
  20. Kuroki Honoo Committed Player

It's clear that you don't even HL dps considering you can't run anything besides the easiest rotation in HL history xD
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.