Test Discussion GU 51: Titles

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Mepps, Jul 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hemmy Committed Player

What about saving individual titles to armories?
    • Like x 3
  2. Carp Developer

Hey guys! I came here because Loche pinged me...

Before the title system went up on PC Test, I would see this happen regularly, but that particular bug got fixed. If we still see it happen every once in a while, it's possible a similar bug could still exist. If you do see this happen, could you please note the following information for me (if you know it): 1) was it a prefix or suffix title, 2) what other parts of the overhead text were present (name, league), and 3) what happened when the text first appeared squished (just changed a title, just joined a league, just logged in, etc.)? In the meantime, I'll continue to take a look at the code and see if something jumps out at me.

Also, to touch an a few other topics that have been brought up in this thread --

For this initial implementation of the title system, we will not be integrating titles into armories. That is a feature that we would like to include in the future, but for the current pass we'd like to make sure that titles are solid on their own. The engineers and designers will continue to work to come up a with a plan for slotting titles into armories.

We are currently working on implementing an option that will allow you to see your own overhead text while playing. This would allow you to see your own name, title, and league, and can be turned on or off from the UI tab of the Settings menu of the Options screen. Hopefully this will be done soon™ and we'll get it out to PC Test shortly after that.

As Loche mentioned, prefix titles are prefixes and suffix titles are suffixes and there's not going to be a way to switch them around unfortunately. One thing I will try to add, however, is a way to better differentiate which types of titles are which.

By the way, what do you guys usually call the bundle of overhead text (name, league, titles, etc) that you see over players' (or NPCs') heads? Internally we call them "placards", but I didn't know if there was a generally accepted term for them out in the real world.
    • Like x 5
  3. BumblingB I got better.

I like placards, but I usually call them name tags.

"Hi, my name is:
    BUMBLINGB"

I'm curious to know if anyone calls them something else. :)
    • Like x 1
  4. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

Myself and most people I've talked too call them name tags/ League tags
    • Like x 1
  5. BigBabyGeezuz Dedicated Player

We call them tags.
    • Like x 1
  6. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report:
    I noticed a UI bug today with the Title Menu System. There were two scroll bars for the Title Selection system.
    [IMG]
  7. Carp Developer

I haven't seen that happen before. If I had to guess, it looks like the scrollbar from the Styles tab is leaking over into the Titles tab. Do you remember how you were able to get into that state? Or if it happens again, please try to note what you did and come back and report, and we'll look into it. Thanks for letting us know!
  8. Penryn The Gadgeteer

I remember I was previewing chest styles before I switched to the Title section.

I was trying to replicate this bug when I discovered a new one:

Right after logging in, I opened up the style menu and went straight to the Title section. It only listed one Title. I reopen the style menu at 55 seconds and all of the titles are listed.

I wasn't able to reproduce this bug each time I tried it. It seemed to be 50/50 on whether all of the titles would load or not.
    • Like x 1
  9. Larzhino Developer

Eh not a bug but we can look on ways to speed it up. We dont send the titles down with your character theyre serialized down later as we have time. Mostly Im hoping you dont login and immediately jump straight to your titles so we have time to get all the data down :)

The system is throttled some to prevent server spikes when we make big data fetches so it can take longer to fully grab everything. We can look at tweaking that higher going forward.
    • Like x 1
  10. BigBabyGeezuz Dedicated Player

What are the new SM titles? I think I've beaten a few SMs (r10 on Trigon, FOS and HH) on test but I don't see these new titles on the list.
  11. Toshknight Loyal Player

Warrior of Truth - Wonderwoman
    The Dark Knight - Batman
    Man of Steel - Superman

Of Atlantis - Summer Event

Villian Side:
    Criminal Mastermind - Lex Luthor
    CLOWN PRINCEof CRIME - Joker
    The Malevolent - Circe

Scourge of the Sea - Summer Event
  12. Askarod Active Player

I
    Its an already bug on live : when you game dont load as fast as he could you see your style tab lagging and then 10 or 20 seconds after than all you styles apear. You never had the ''Batman'' bug style tab when you oppen tour style tab right after logging or right after a TP ?
    Color tab bugging too but un fact its not really a bug, more of a lag
    • Like x 1
  13. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

Not to nitpick but was this really a need? I mean there is so much more we can do with this game and titles should be on the extreme back burner.
  14. BRITTENY Dedicated Player

I like the changes, being able to see my own title is pretty neat as well as the [...] before and after the title to indicate where it will be placed. I wasn't able to find the titles for SM. I have R10 for HH and Trigon, but didn't notice any extra titles for them.

Would it be possible to list some of them?

Thanks!
    • Like x 1
  15. Remander Steadfast Player

It's a quality of life deal, and without even knowing the resources involved, you can't really judge it. May have been a quick addition.
    • Like x 1
  16. Elusian Crowd Control

I would like to see a "Don" title added in the future.

A general thing could be to open up a Dev Discussion thread about future title ideas.
  17. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

Sure I can. It's just a title. If a title adds to someone's quality of like then I wish I had their troubles.
  18. Loche Developer

I will have to check when we get back in on Monday, but I am guessing the config that is needed to grant the new SM titles is missing.
    The first SM title will need to be granted manually, as we didn't have an easy way to back grant that one. Luckily there are only 16 of you.
    The others are based on the headlines you have completed.
    They are (working off of memory, so there is a chance I am not 100% correct)
    2014 Trigon Battler (round 10)
    2014 Trigon Survivor (round 20)
    2015 Fortress Battler (round 10)
    2015 Fortress Survivor (round 20)
    2015 Apokolips Battler (round 10)
    2015 Apokolips Survivor (round 20)

The reason for the date is to identify what year it was earned. So when Survival events are recycled, you can earn new titles and the old ones are retired.
    I open to feedback on them, but remember there are some constraints. We have to be able to update the titles each time the event comes around, and It needs to fit the license.
    • Like x 4
  19. BigAl Devoted Player

That's cool that those are added. Seems a bit much though, the styles rewarded and the trinkets won would have been suitable enough. If those were added, is there any chance to get titles for winning a FNL challenge?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.