Test Discussion GU 51: Titles

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Mepps, Jul 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Please use this thread to report bugs surrounding Titles.

Please *do not* use this thread to suggest new titles or other feats to use for titles.

Titles

With Game Update 51, we are introducing Titles to the game! Titles are a great way to display your accomplishments, or just your personality. You can obtain Titles by completing specific feats in game. Feats that grant titles are denoted by a yellow ribbon in the Feats Menu. To set what title to display on your character, go into your Style Menu and click on the Titles tab. You can also control whether you see titles on other players by going into the Settings Menu, and clicking on the UI tab.
    • Like x 3
  2. redwolfyogi Well-Known Player

I checked out some of the titles, and I see that the ones labled "The XXXXX" come above the name and "the XXXX" come after. is there a way that the titles with "The" in front can have the option of being above or below the name?
  3. BRITTENY Dedicated Player

The titles are little confusing with some that go above the name and below the name. I understand now how they work, but it looks a lot better aesthetically having them below the characters name.

I did see someone who had their title mashed up with the players name. Once he changed it, it fixed itself. It was hard to see if they all worked on my own toon. I'll have to get with someone to go through all of the titles to see if they're placing correctly.
    • Like x 1
  4. BigAl Devoted Player

I'm doubting that's going to be an option, seeing how it automatically chooses for you.
  5. Remander Steadfast Player

I'm guessing the order has been selected for a specific reason, much like the actual title composition. Decreases the likelihood of abuse.
  6. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Unsure if this is an oversight or intended, but Titles don't save with your armory. For example I have a DPS armory and a Controller armory on Test. I chose "The Lovable" and imprinted it to my DPS armory, then changed to "the Controller" and imprinted that to my Controller armory. When I pressed my DPS armory my Title remained "the Controller." As Remander pointed out in another thread, it would be great if specific Titles could be imprinted to specific armories.
    • Like x 13
  7. Fiash2k Active Player

are those all titels ? or u going to update it ?

latest episodes like AF2 or HP2 give no titels at all ?!

nothing for "death proof" and same for "granny gold star"-feats.
  8. ErnieB Loyal Player

Could it be made that my title is also displayed under my name on the health/power bar?, would be really helpful to always remember what it is and not have to check every time.
    • Like x 2
  9. ErnieB Loyal Player

None are impossible to get (at least not now anyway), which is good as it gives everyone a fair chance at all of them.
    • Like x 1
  10. David Ivanenko Committed Player

Yup, there are some titles without an uppercase letter at the beginning. I had "the Tank" in my list, which triggered my OCD, lol.
  11. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

^^ This would be awesome ^^
  12. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

It would be great to have a feature to decide, if the title is set above or below the name. :)
  13. Hemmy Committed Player

Couldn't agree more!
    • Like x 1
  14. BumblingB I got better.

It has to do with how title structure works. If it starts the title, it gets capitalized, if it is during, it does not. I was a little sad I could not change the order I wanted myself.

IE, The Lovable BumblingB vs BumblingB the Lovable.
  15. BigBabyGeezuz Dedicated Player

I can't see the title above my own character. That's probably the coolest thing about titles in other games (WoW for instance). DCUO doesn't have an option to see your own character name above your toon. It might be too much to add to the UI but that would make having titles a lot cooler.
  16. BigBabyGeezuz Dedicated Player

I went through all the feats and looked at corresponding titles. I noticed that the newest DLCs had few if any titles. I think it would be really neat if you got a title for hard feats like Death Proof or Hat Trick, etc. I saw there was a title for Epic Odyssey and Tragic the Gathering so I'm sure you guys were thinking about this. Having new titles come out with each new episode would also encourage people to play that new episode. I also thought some of the titles from DLC feats were a bit lackluster, might want to spruce those up or going forward have some really cool titles thought out.
    • Like x 2
  17. Galil ACE Well-Known Player

Hero Side:
    Warrior of Truth - Wonderwoman
    Knight for Justice - Batman
    Champion of Earth - Superman

Of Atlantis - Summer Event

Villian Side:
    Criminal Mastermind - Lex Luthor
    The Wild Card - Joker
    The Malevolent - Circe

Scourge of the Sea - Summer Event

Pretty good, pretty pleased with most of the feats we have so far, but these specially caught my attention.
    • Like x 2
  18. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

Being able to choose if the title goes on top or bottom would be a nice addition.

Also having the ability to imprint different to titles to different armories would be a major bonus.
    • Like x 1
  19. MensSana Active Player

I don't think that putting titles for hard feats would be a great idea because people should choose a title based on his fantasy and on his character style and not just for showing an achievement....

The devs chose good feats and i only suggest to increase the number of titles in order to avoid having several character with the same title
    • Like x 1
  20. Loche Developer

Thanks for the feedback all. I will ping the right people about the bugs reported here. To answer a few questions:

• Right now we can only do prefix or suffix titles. No support for choosing where you want it to be.
    • There will be more titles in the future.
    • Like x 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.