GU 41 : Death of PvP Arenas.

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by TyrantNyema, Aug 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

No idea how much of the update information you've looked into but currently what is happening is that the differences in gear levels are going to be shrunken down and the differences between a 100 SP character and a 60 SP character are going to be smaller. HOWEVER, they will still matter. If two players of equal skill level go against each other, the one with better gear and more skill points will still win, but the difference will not be nearly as apparent as it is now.

Then you'd be lying and spreading false information as not everything in Home Turf has a cooldown, just the trinkets and a few mods.

What does unlimited white Mod Sockets have to do with any of this? You can wear all of this at once:
    Any weapon mod.
    Escalating might: a maximum of a 261 might increase
    Beserker: 30% damage increase
    Deadly block: (damage increase from blocking)
    empowered channeling: 2000 toughness increase while using channeled powers and no longer making them vulnerable to interrupt
    Penetrating strikes: 35% damage increase against t5 PvP armor.

You keep missing my point somehow through what I can only assume is magic. A skilled enough player can and will be able to over come this and I have acknowledged this, however if you take two players of equal skill level, the one with these mods will win, which has been my point all along.

If SOE said suddenly you can pay $10 for a 35% damage increase in PvP do you have any clue how many people would be screaming that is pay to win? Any clue at all? Because you should have been here when weapon mastery was announced and how it was originally going to be part of DLC10 and seen the outrage over that.

EDIT: Had to edit the value of beserker from 35% to 30% as I typed it in incorrectly the first time.
    • Like x 1
  2. Lolai New Player

We'll just wait as and see on that point.

That's not as much lying as it is over exaggeration, sorta like what you're angle with HT.

You deliberately keeping info about these HT mods out, i know you are. But i don't feel like going in game, write all the descriptions down, and copy them here. You acknowledge this? When exactly? Where? The one with these mods wining is not a definite as i have said as you keep saying it is. But we'll see who shines in gu41, players currently on top of arena's and pvp in general or legend faithful.

HT is barely p2w and offers open world pve content also. And WM is now free for all, your point? If they did that, a majority would have dlc 10 anyway. Cause to really get far in this game, pve wise, you'll have to have dlc. Only ones who would have thrown a fit are free players and probably people like yourself.
  3. Lolai New Player

I honestly believe we're going in circles..... ^_^
  4. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

They have already flat out said that at SOE Live this year. So it's been announced. There is no waiting on that to be said anymore.

Where do you think I got these descriptions from? In game.

EDIT: Not to mention the various forum posts. By all means go in game and look at them for yourself.

I first said that here:
    Because you're new here click the little arrow next to my name in the quote box to take you to the full comment. This furthers the suspicion that you aren't reading anything I'm writing. I'd say I could color code everything to make it easier to read and follow but that'd be a bit redundant at this point now wouldn't it?

Please explain to me how a 35% damage increase is not pay to win. The answer is not "the other player is more skillful" in this case. You need to explain to me how that is not pay to win when two players of the same skill level are fighting one another, one with mods and one without.

My point about weapon mastery (something that is clearly available for use in PvP) is that it was initially a very powerful mechanic that nothing actually in game could currently rival, however due to a massive backlash over the increased damage from it, the mechanic was made free.
    • Like x 1
  5. Requake Dedicated Player

This guy is so well informed because uspc is the only server that goes to metro hospital.. What about eups science spire for example?
    Also i dont think consumables are bad for pvp.. I mean elec has an awesome move electroburst for electrified enemies -> epd. Earth and hl usebdazing. Ofc youre going to argue that their powers can do that but power is still limited so its a good option to have.
    But i guess we have someone actually queueing and/or pugging pvp as i know from my last time on uspc, scrims were deaaaaaaad (heroes pretty much quitting it all and villains barely did pvp seriously lol) i mean top leagues were like fam, horsemen, godmode but yet who still scrims of them
  6. Lolai New Player

Yup we're going circles.
  7. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Because you haven't answered this one, very small, very simple question once yet:

How is Home Turf not pay to win when the two people fighting are of equal skill levels?

Give me a good answer for that utilizing facts to back it up. A 35% damage increase is no small amount. A lot of time in 5v5's you'll end up easily putting out over 1 million in damage. Without that mod in place that number drops back down 650,000.
  8. ak40sheven New Player

I'm Sorry but this game has been dead and most of the greats and golden age ppl left years ago

The only goods that stayed are just gripping onto a bad game, because they lack the realization to try better games and are afraid to start over.

Unless the game gos back to launch PVP(not f2p launch REAL LAUNCH) the pvp will never be good again. Immunity and all the cc for 45 years is a crutch for bads. And the few good ppl left i used to play with kept telling me to adapt,

like buzz and silver and slob etc..

No i won't adapt becuase the game requires zero skill now and i can't believe ppl like buzz and slob still play this garbage. I love you guys i really do but give it up already!

MMOS will never be in the mlg scene cuzz they are always unbalanced, you need to move to a moba, fps, or hearthstone if you want to be on a team and make millions of dollars a year. It will never happen in dcuo or any mmo
  9. Volkenraider Loyal Player

Wait for dem 2 million dps AoE wh**res when they get no kills and even less damage out haha.. scorecard players ftw lol
  10. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Its even more sad when you can just guess the mods a person is using.
    HT removal is going to cause a lot of uproar due to people losing their shiny little toys.
    I wished they would just make a area for separate mods specifically for PvP and they should be for cosmetic purposes in a way and will not directly give you any advantages in combat. Or mods that will grant you good advantages but ALSO hold some drawbacks
    IE, Penetrating Strikes 35% damage increase out 30% damage increase in.
    Deadly Block [Or deadly counter] = Deal more damage in counters out and take more damage in with normal weapon attacks. [This will cause good players who are really good with counters to run this mod due to them being able to outweigh the damage in with the damage out]
    Even the power that increase the power pool. It should also decrease the health you have.
    • Like x 1
  11. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

You obviously don't play or have any idea regarding mobas because they're far from balanced.

Wrong, the game takes far more skill now than it did at launch.

AKA if the game doesn't go back to the oldschool PvP that required far less skill and was even more horribly unbalanced than it is now.

If slob and buzz are telling you to adapt it's because you need to, saying it takes no skill yet you can't adapt to it contradicts yourself.

Oh cut it with that nonsense, the game takes a huge amount of skill to play well at the top levels. Come and 1v1 me on EUPC if you truly think this and we'll see how "little" skill PvP takes.
    • Like x 2
  12. ak40sheven New Player

clutch i'm not hear to fight with you i actually know you are probably the best pvper in the game.

This is not my point ask the droves of ppl that quit that slob and veng know and any other ppl back from before megaservers.

that is the greatest pvp this game has ever seen. No one wanted immunity not even the ppl you currently play with now and the ppl that left ive been in ts and vent with all of them and every single one of them would agree with me
  13. ChaosInternational New Player

Though the proposed changes are a huge step forward, I can't help but think the PvP population will remain miniscule. Anyone who enjoys PvP already actively participates. There's just certain things about DCUO PvP that people don't feel are equitable, until players feel they are getting a fair shake, PvP won't grow.
  14. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

Slob, vengeance, wixxer, banished anaconda, myself, eminence, wabane, Talve and KillshotX are some of the more notable, skilled and longer term pvpers. They all prefer PvP now compared to what it used to be.
    • Like x 1
  15. savageprime New Player

Savageprime...you forgot savageprime; its cool ill let it slide THIS time.

No seriously clutch you and The Enquire lately are feeding these trolls lol. I understand you replying and all but man oh man. The Enquire was replying to someone saying he doesnt do legends! O.O I laughed so hard I dropped my phone and I cant help but chuckle at your convo with this player.

Anyway, the only thing im worried about really is the lack of debuffs. With trolls being the only debuff players I see a major increase in battle trolls. I also loved home turf as a healer because the ability to use explosive block and explosive break out to help in surviving. But alas im looking forward to these changes. The community always will adapt wether we like the moves of the devs or not.
  16. Pew New Player

Ahh the good old certainty that as any given PvP thread grows beyond a certain size it topples down to a beauty contest of namedropping of people that win in their respective little circle of friends.

This form of posting is absolutely nonconstructive to the topic and also a bit pathetic...
  17. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

The reason I'm responding to so many of these people is because we all know developers are taking a look at this thread. I do not want them changing something about this revamp because a bunch of people who decided to QQ. These types of updates always bring these people out of the woodwork.

That and it's also a source if entertainment for me. Believe me, some of these comments have made me laugh out loud at work.
    • Like x 1
  18. Command Overlord Well-Known Player

With every PVP season a major change occurs and during the season the mechanics change gradually. Just use the change to try something new cause if only the gear changed every season you would do the same thing over and over and that will lead to boredom.
  19. GodNema Well-Known Player

Arena becoming legends 2.0 will completely destroy pvp. We have legends for a reason - no point in making both forms of pvp pretty much the same except for the loadout you have lol. If pvp is pretty much dead now, after this update people will get the gear and never do arenas again unless they need feats.

-not to mention the complexity of arenas being minimized by removing trinkets and variations in what you have in your utility belt
    Removing complexity makes pvp boring as hell.
  20. Spidersting Committed Player

I don't really understand why everyone thinks that arenas will be dead after the release of these changes. Having it be balanced or more fair creates more competition and makes it less about who has more in and out of game money to blow on stuff to give you an edge to win.

Nothing is going to be exactly perfect but the have and have nots in arenas has been a major factor in arenas for a while now and it should never have got to that point.

Once the new pvp changes happen for arenas it will be about skill and team comp and not about who has the larger bank roll. <--- Is this what all the haters are afraid of?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.