GU 41 : Death of PvP Arenas.

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by TyrantNyema, Aug 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TyrantNyema New Player

From the PvP panel at SOE Live 2014, information has leaked about what's to come in the new PvP season starting off in GU 41. From the information leaked, I am here to tell you that PvP as we know it is going to die completely. The devs are ruining this game even further, and if this goes through, will be the death of DCUO.

I PvP a lot, and I am here to tell you that PvP can't exist w.o PvE and PvE can't either. It just can't. You can't totally separate them. You have to do PvP to do better in PvE and vice versa, linked by the feats associated with each of them. A 55 sp difference should always make a difference in PvP, and you guys are trying to take that away. With PvE soders taken out, you guys will destroy the soder market. I mean, with how strong trolls and healers are, I don't even see a need to use a soder in PvE. People buy them for PvP usage. The only thing that should be removed are PvE trinks (WoTL/Buffing, CC, and Consumables). With PvE totally removed from PvP, many people will just stop PvEing, I mean the only reason people PvE are for the trinks and other things that can help them in PvP, and with that gone that creates less of a grind to stay competitive in PvP, once everybody is Full Geared, Arenas are done for. I mean it shouldn't be as much of a crutch as it is, but it should be a nice boost for PvP.

Next Topic HT: No, HT shouldn't be removed. If HT is removed, WM has gtg in PvP, Breakout trinks should go, vulnerability signs, THE BIGGEST CRUTCH OF THEM ALL, should be disabled in Arenas. You guys want the good ole days, well remove all of this stuff and we will be back in the good ole days. But, nobody wants that to happen, because its BORING. HT needs to stay in PvP because these things keep things diverse.

Next Topic: Roles/Powers... With some of the changes leaked, you guys make me not want to play this game any more. Players of other MMOs know this, and can grasp this concept, but it seems as if this community can't do that. Certain powers are better at a specific task than others. Rage is best at PvP (which needs to be toned down), while Celestial isn't the best. Nature maybe the preferred healer for PvE, but in PvP... Elec/Sorcery healers out weigh them greatly. I can understand you guys streamlining the stats, but its getting to overboard. You guys are reducing our healing bonus from 65% to 25%. From what I am hearing about what you guys are doing to tanking, you guys are DESTROYING THE INDIVIDUALITY OF EVERY TANK POWER! This is not legends... Stop trying to make it legends. I can live with the streamlining stats to a point, and no more counter roles, but you guys are making things ridiculous. Why would I even want to do any other role in PvP anymore? You guys are trying to trade all of our role functions in for more DPS, that isn't solving the problem. Even then you are cutting the crits down, so my sps mean NOTHING!

If you aren't good at PvP, then try to get better at it... That's all you can do. With these updates, you guys are truly making this game for the noobs. I have nothing against noobs, I mean I had to work my *** off to get to the point that I am at, and I was a huge noob. The difference is that I learned, and took a couple of *** beatings to get where I am at. You guys are trying to make it so that the people on top are no longer on top.

Final point, the game isn't known for it's open world PvP. I would say that it is non existent in this game, because it virtually is, well except on my server USPC, we have a spot where villains and heroes come to fight at, (metro gen hospital in little bohemia) villains and heroes would chill there, now we are at superman park, where we fight all the time. There really isn't anything like that on any other server of my knowledge. You guys need to make it so that the PvP experience isn't just inside Arenas. When you guys changed the PvE/PvP choice, metro and gotham are empty. Why there is even a PvP server, I don't know because there isn't anything forcing people to PvP inside of it, and Metro and Gotham are both too big to do so effectively. With this restriction on arenas, you guys need to make open world PvP accessible. Most level 30s have no reason to be in Gotham or Metro. Make open world to us, what Arenas is to legends now. You need to have some outlet. We need to have an area just for PvP, arenas will suck now due to these changes. If you do take HT out, leave the mods intact spaces intact, because Open world PvP is a form (a small one) of pvp that will be effected. Just disable them for arenas (which I don't want either)
    • Like x 5
  2. Sore Steadfast Player

It might be GU41 but that was a tentative target. I wouldn't lock that in stone in your mind.
    • Like x 5
  3. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

Thinking that pvp cannot exist without pve is part of the reason why arenas got so messed up in the first place. The changes proposed are some of the best I've heard that even if they aren't perfect.

Oh and if you don't realise how badly ht mods effect arenas and youre saying to leave them in, I wouldn't go telling everyone to "get better". Tumbling master effectively gives you a way of almost completely bypassing areas of the counter system and there's no way to really counter it effectively without using it yourself or just not ever throwing blockbreaks.

Just look at how awesome rolling can be in legends, then take away the chance to interrupt it. It becomes the best defensive tactic in the game. Ht mods need to go.
    • Like x 34
  4. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

They have always messed up pvp in this and they waste too much time trying to fix what they break if they would have just stuck with legends from day one and added just dueling and no arenas I think pvp in this game would be better.
    • Like x 1
  5. Horrorshow New Player

I am going to tread lightly with you. The reason why PVP is as bad as it is now because of players like you. A PVPER who thinks what we have now is balanced, is someone who uses it as a crutch and it out of touch with reality. HT is a crutch. PVP consumables and buff soders is a crutch. Movement mode and role debuffs is a crutch. Reading the opponents moves and clipping your own moves is not a crutch because that is skill. Skill was taken out of PVP arenas when the Developers started adding all this mumbo jumbo. All of this new stuff created an imbalance in PVP arenas and we are now left with a mess. I applaud the Development team for listening to players and streamlining PVP arenas. When something is simplified and easy to play, players will enjoy doing it. PVP is not accessible and requires way too much work than what some of us is willing to put into it. I need to farm PVE content and marks just to use it in PVP arenas? No I should not have to do it. PVP is an entirely different way to play the game. Making arenas like Legends PVP is the best thing the Developers are doing with PVP now. If only we had more options powers wise and it will be complete.

The reason why open world PVP is boring is because the open world PVP events are useless after feats. The Developers need to find a way to make open world PVP fun again and a point to doing it.
    • Like x 25
  6. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Death? More like revival.
    I am ready to throw a party when this hits and actually run more and more arenas.
    • Like x 23
  7. spack2k Steadfast Player

everything we have atm in pvp arena is bad ( Consumables/ MM-debuffs/ WM 100%crit/ HT mods/ etc...)

so to me every change means a step in the right direction ...

i am glad they do something ,anything.
    • Like x 6
  8. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

Death of Arenas?

Mmmmmmmmm

Bye Felecia.
    • Like x 12
  9. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

This thread is now a contender for one of the worst QQ threads I've ever seen here.

Every single change presented here is a positive thing for arenas. Right now as it stands arenas is a joke.

If anything this is a revival. Currently right now arenas is evidently not the competitive game mode of choice for the developers and I look forward to seeing how this will turn out as PvP as a whole may become more competitive AND more accessible.
    • Like x 23
  10. FloodingGotham New Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 23
  11. xAcHieVeD Well-Known Player

I logged in just to like that.
    • Like x 5
  12. Minarum New Player

Pvp Arena died for me when season 1 and that ranking system was implemented. Even though Rage didn't help, WM definitely sealed the coffin. This update sounds like the first sign of life in Arenas for me. But I won't hold my breath. I have a problem killing and being killed by one WM combo/power while using full t5 modded pvp gear. No skill involved, feels like a COD game of who pulls the trigger first.Think the gear needs to be revamped or WM taken out of PVP imo.
    • Like x 4
  13. Joykiller Dedicated Player

PvP Community ruined PvP some time ago. Legends is and continues to be the only PvP in game worth continuing to play. And were it not for the styles, I, and many others, probably wouldn't PvP at all. It's been sans fun for quite some time.
    • Like x 10
  14. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

I can't even do Arenas because damn near everyone I go up against just annihilates me lol I asked one of them "What should I do to not suck?" And their reply, "Run Legends until you have at least Logistics gear." And that was it. Arenas used to be fun, but not anymore for me, especially Healing it. No, Devs, that does not mean disable roles in Arenas... I really don't know what to say for Arenas lol I'm a Circe pro in legends now haha
    • Like x 6
  15. Sabigya Steadfast Player

No offense, but I hate going against Circe and will most likely hate you. :)
    • Like x 4
  16. space outlaw Well-Known Player

I would like to know more about the support role that's changing in pvp and

would like to see some videos of a support roles(healers/tanks) vs a dps 1vs1
  17. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

Why?

Because Magic always Wins! :):):):)
    • Like x 5
  18. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

o_O

[IMG]
    • Like x 6
  19. Mandarin New Player

You can't defeat a goddess!
    • Like x 5
  20. Ace1 Dedicated Player

This as close to "The Golden Age" as we are going to get. Enjoy it.
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.