Dev Discussion GU 122: Elite and Normal EEG Changes

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Charon, Mar 8, 2022.

1. Chewsy Well-Known Player

That's fair. But again, that's a mechanic that you used to be wary of, that now you can just ignore and pickup the person that died. I know leveling older augs is annoying, but it's really easy now. It takes like 50 sm and just a little bit of newer XP to get one leveled. And it doesn't take too long to kill Grail anyways so I think limited pickups is fair. But I get where you're coming from. My league has had fun feat runs of EEG elites that we wouldn't have been able to do previously (and probably shouldn't have finished because of pickup cheese). I don't think EEG elite needs to be difficult, but I wish it would require you to follow mechanics that were used in the original raid. imo it's not as fun to brute force through EEG elite, like everything else in the game, over doing the mechanics.
    • Like x 1
  2. BumblingB I got better.

You are still looking at it with eyes that can smash the content clamped or unclamped. New or old. Players on your level aren't running this content for the thrill of the challenge.

Also, it's not cheese. Being able to pick up players is still a skill. My leaguemate and I both said we've wiped in FIe, in some cases, a few times. There is no unlimited pickups if the group is learning and working together. This content is new to players, like my league. Having unlimited pickups does not mean it's cheese.
    • Like x 1
  3. EconoKnight XIII Legion

That is the key language:

If that’s what the devs ultimately want, I won’t be part of it anymore. I’m tired. I won’t keep paying money because a group of other players think I’m not punished enough for my existence.
    • Like x 1
  4. BumblingB I got better.

Ran Monsters of Metal Elite
    It went 20, 17, 15. I don't understand why the second boss goes down 3 instead of 2. It was the same as False Idols Elite too. Is it this DLC?

Also, RNG on the second boss was annoying. It would not pick one from each role to mind control, it would do any 3 no matter what. So like both heals and a tank or both tanks and a heal. Which would cause a wipe. I would have expected it would have a check for that. It was frustrating us to the point we almost didn't want to continue. We finally got a good 3.

Last boss, BWL was not able to be tanked the first time, we had to wipe and it worked the second time.
    • Like x 1