Dev Discussion GU 122: Elite and Normal EEG Changes

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Charon, Mar 8, 2022.

1. Charon Lead Content Designer

To further address feedback on stat scaling in the Omnibus, we've taken the following additional measures:

• Normal mode EEG (Early End Game) now has full stat piercing that was formerly only reserved for Elite mode EEG.
    • In Elite mode EEG, those being scaled down are now at an additional +5 CR (Combat Rating).
    • In Elite mode EEG, those being scaled up are now at an additional +10 CR.
    • Elite mode EEG now has the Early End Game buff. Players get full access to the buff without requiring any team members to be scaled up.
    • Down-scaled CR was fixed for Tier 6: it is now 337 for non-Elite mode content and 342 for Elite mode content.
    • Reduced the jump in CR between bosses to just 2 CR in EEG Elite mode content. This includes reducing the starting NPC level for Elite content with fewer than 3 bosses, such as Fractured God Sphere in Tier 6.
    • Down scaled player in EEG Elite content may now block to heal. This works the same as it does with the Roleless Buff.
    We will additionally keep an eye on existing Elites in EEG and adjusting their balance as necessary over time after these changes have had a chance to settle. Especially later content where at End Game, the elite NPCs had much larger stat pools.

The feedback for this thread should be restricted to the changes listed.

Thanks!
    • Like x 1
  2. BumblingB I got better.

We gave Clocktower another go. Definitely was a lot different than previously on test.
    The death limiter was gone.
    We got through the first boss fine, but we were not able to finish because the circles that drop during the polarization part were not rendering for some players. Very buggy and we didn't want to get frustrated and called it and did new content.

We were still confused by how the CR was calculated. We started at 278 and the enemies were 261 for a difference of 17 cr. Then when we got to the next part, it was 270 for the enemies, so they jumped 9 CR. Which is different than what was said in the initial post.
    • Like x 3
  3. L T Devoted Player

Wait... is that intended?
  4. BumblingB I got better.

Yes. Only in EEG Elite.
  5. Quixotic Developer

Fixed Birds of Prey: The Clock Tower (Elite): Enemies after the first boss fight will only increase by 2 CR.
    Should be in the next hotfix.

Thanks for the report and let us know if you find any other outliers!

- Quixotic
    • Like x 4
  6. BumblingB I got better.

We did Fractured God Sphere Elite.
    Enemy CR was at -18 at the start and went up to -16 after the first boss.

During the time when this was new, I didn't do Elite, wasn't playing much, so this was a great experience. We did not complete, but we only gave the final boss one try, because we were short on time for some of our players. (Thursday reset and all.)

This definitely a great change and working well. This will probably get put into our feat nights for those of us that need the elite feats.
    • Like x 1
  7. AZPrime Active Player

Ran Wonderverse: Fractured God Sphere Elite (FGSE) last night.

For the most part the difficulty was well balanced with the EEG buff, with one exception - going for the Omega-level Pardon feat, the amount of damage the group has to do to successfully stop Grail's Omega Beam Execute attack is excessive compared to everything else in the raid. If Grail is anywhere near ads and the damage splits, nothing can stop the attack, which is exceedingly common considering how often she teleports. I think it needs to be fine tuned for EEG levels, either lowering the threshold of how much damage she takes before stopping the attack, or having some leeway added to how long the timer of the attack lasts to accomplish that threshold.

Possible bug as well - after an extended amount of time in the instance, it appeared that while orbital strikes would hit Grail, the damage wouldn't register in the combat log and also didn't show up above her head as damage taken. Disbanding and reforming the instance fixed this, but it was a clear issue in addition to the above.
    • Like x 4
  8. PrincessBunny Well-Known Player

Can confirm had this same issue today our group did not finish but the Orbitals stopped counting after a few wipes this was at the point Grail's Omega Beam Cog would come up and we did Orbitals while the cog was up and then the Orbitals just stopped counting, she didn't take any damage from the orbitals.
    • Like x 2
  9. beardrive Committed Player

I missed the March Survey and was going to put this in there.

NGN - New Genesis Now. I've done this maybe 15-20 times over the last few months on a number of toons, and Ingrid Olafsdottir is incomplete-able with a PUG group. Her attacks on launch were already elite-style with the ice wand and stomp as one shots if not blocked, but now as we are scaled back they need to be adjusted. I finished maybe once or twice in that time since October, and as I type this went in. We finished Ingrid after about 4-5 wipes and ppl leaving (pug group), then disbanded after an hour due to repeated launches off the platform at the Steppenwolf fight. Usually her fight is a disband and we go no further.

DCn - Desecrated Cathedral normal. 30 minutes with low toons with me, me being a low toon as well and doing 5 times their damage. Different toon same build but different higher group 12 minutes. The low toons seem like they need a bump up to play that content when first coming into it.

VMF Volcano Mining Facility. Last boss Lex incomplete-able without a heal, or with a heal whose artis are lower than 120ish. My 3x200 electric heal had a hard time when the windows broke. Without a heal it is a disband.
  10. beardrive Committed Player

I was on my main today and the alert Operation Strike team is incomplete-able at the first boss. His attacks are elite attacks, the heal is nil, and focused attacks wipe one person after another.
  11. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

Can confirm, this happened to us 2 nights ago, at around the 30 minute mark after a few wipes. No orbital damage in combat log, no numbers above Grail.
  12. Yvtq8k3n The 7 Well-Known Player

People are not following mechanics anymore. I queue for DME, every boss gets free!!!!
    I queue for GOMe 2nd boss, tank refuses to listen and keeps pulling everything until phoenixs are no longer afected by pull.
    I dont know, but the moment the Elite content doent require you to follow mechanics, means EEG has gone to far.

Changes need to be made....
    I'm noteven sure if a revert of the respawn restrictions, will fix this....
  13. BumblingB I got better.

The changes didn't cause players to not listen, that's always been there, but it may have opened it up more to have these players attempt it. If players aren't communicating and working together, that's a problem with the community, not the content.

Reinheld reported that Monsters of Metal elite is only 15 CR difference at start. I have not had a chance to try this one yet. I'm trying to get a group going this weekend to see.
  14. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Working our way through more EEG elite each week. Tonight was False Idols elite.

It felt in a pretty good place. Ran with a traditional 2/2/2/2 set up (one troll power and the other buff). We wiped a few times on each boss as we were remembering / learning mechanics. It wasn’t easy, but it wasn’t impossible. No nuke dps required.

We did notice something on the cr, though. We started 20 above. The next level was 17 above, and the last 15 above. It seems like a mistake
  15. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

That kind of scaling is intentional, so it was functioning as planned.
  16. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Sorry, I can't find the post where it is explained.
  17. EconoKnight XIII Legion

We were never given a list of what content was affected by the special scaling. The ones that have been affected do not start you at 20cr above; they start you at a lesser number above.

With False Idols elite, it began at 20 cr above. It dropped 3. Then it dropped 2. The final boss shouldn’t have dropped less than the middle boss.
    • Like x 1
  18. BumblingB I got better.

The starting CR seems to have weird calculations that happen. It was we've experienced 20, 18, and 17 starting. Which we can work with, though still confused why it happens to start.

What isn't following the rule they did setup is the enemy 2 CR ramp up. Enemies after each boss should be 2CR higher than the last boss. False Idols did start with the 20CR difference, but went 3 then 2. The 2 would be correct, it's the 3 that is weird.

False Idols Elite is WAY different than Normal. lol I was actually surprised by this. I was away when this was new. Definitely felt like a good place. And as EK said, we definitely wiped a few times on each boss. There was a learning curve that is different than Normal.
  19. Chewsy Well-Known Player

I've been running a few of the EEG Elites to see how they feel since the update. I think the stat changes are good. The raids especially are still somewhat challenging, but also not inaccessible for lower-geared/SP'd players. Overall, stat-wise, it feels like it's in a nice spot now. However, I still don't think I like the unlimited rallies. It breaks some of the mechanics and lets people just ignore parts of raids. I would advocate for an increased rally limit (like 2 rallies instead of just 1), so it's still punishing, but it's also fair and doesn't break anything.
  20. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I also don’t love the unlimited pickups but after running some random things, I think it should actually stay. The reason being head augs. Not all players have them for all old content. New players may not realize they’re still necessary in a few raids. Grails one shot for instance. Had a friend on an alt that was made after that dlc so didn’t have head augs. Downed often. So it worked out that that toon didn’t have to worry about building them out. Tho I do wish everyone just had the proper head augs. But even if you have them, if you switch armories or roles, you probably won’t remember to stop and go into your inventory to swap them out again mid fight. If things were changed to no longer need head augs in old content, then yeah I’m back to wanting an extra down or 2 vs unlimited.