Work In Progress GU 103: Powerset Pet DPS Balance

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Batuba, Mar 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Swarm is the weaker snow devil lol. Both function similarly. Pets both last 18 seconds. However when nature recasts swarm it overrides the previous swarm. Ice on the other hand can have 2 snow devils and it can benefit from PI. I haven’t tested the base damage thou so swarm might be stronger to compensate for this but not sure.
  2. GhostsAndMagic Dedicated Player

I'm generally pretty wary of buffs to pet-based play styles. I remember when the sorcery AM came out and effectively took all the skill expression out of the powerset while simultaneously making it the best dps power in the game. Also there was a period of time where pets hit way too hard and were too hard to kill in arenas and made arenas damn near unwinnable for anyone who didn't have the home turf and hand of fate dlc.

Also are there any changes planned to pets that despawn after an amount of time like swarm and sidekick?
  3. Chia Death Well-Known Player

That's pretty much what I'm saying- they both feel like half a power, snow devil at least allows you to put up more than one at a time and even has increased damage with power interactions. Swarm has... a really hard to see model?
  4. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

The issue is that some people like playing summoner builds in mmos and other games do good on those mechanics. However those game styles don’t work to well in dcuo because no everyone wants to play that style so locking 2 powers to be that would be like bringing back AMs. I think the artifacts could very well tackle that problem whether people like it or not. Depending on how they adjust that artifact it could let people have summoner like play styles. We will just have to wait and see. But for the time being, these changes for pets were needed. Again, depending on how they handle offering and fortify.
  5. Hyppoli Well-Known Player

Good improvement, can you change watcher to heal only and not pew pew pew its entire power bar, I have watcher to heal and it thinks is fury.

Also can you increase the defense for Guardian.

Maybe allow pets to crit.
  6. The Anxient Loyal Player

Earth already has a move that breaks the clipping rules. Doesn't need a second.
  7. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

That’s not the point. RSK (guardian on live) + damaging move does more damage than fury + offering. Sure you could add another clipping ability but than you would have this. RSK + Damaging move clipped with a clipping ability does more damage than fury + offering clipped with a clipping ability.

It doesn’t matter if you clip offering itself because that initial cast was wasted.

And as for earth, it will follow the same rules as sorcery does on live. Because RSK will be aoe than the it will follow the dps line that sorcery is doing with guardian. And that is that it will be better to have RSK without feeding it power than having to use an ability that does mother more than feed a pet.
  8. Danne0075 Well-Known Player

sorcery in SM? ye your memory gotta be bit weird unless you talking about the low rounds then it makes more sense. At high rounds no one wanted be earth or sorcery because of the cr of the bosses and adds being so high.
    • Like x 1
  9. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We really appreciate the in-depth discussion of these pet changes. We have much to look over for now, and we'll regroup when we move to the test server.

For those discussing non-pet-related changes or things closer to full powerset revamps, this wasn't the thread for that, so it may be best if you start/continue those discussions separately.
    • Like x 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.