Grim vs solar? (Earth might dps)

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by fm0987, Oct 25, 2021.

1. fm0987 Committed Player

My “main” is earth, my dps arts are: grimorium verum (179), transformation card (160), strategist card (145, will be 160 next 2x xp). Wondering if I should replace grim with solar amp? Or are they about the same? I know solar has a higher base might stat, but does the pet damage from grim compensate for that? I’m pretty good on power for the most part, especially ranged dps, power isn’t a problem. The power regen bonus from rank 200 grim would probably be useful for melee, but other than that I’m not sure if I’d be better off with solar amp instead. I mean, I’ve gone this far without rank 200 grim so idk if it’d even really be necessary to begin with. I also have cyborg at rank 7/8 for his passive, which seems to help a bit in that regard (melee uses a ton of power, especially if you use unstoppable for clipping).
  2. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Do you use any superchargers? Do you have any other arts leveled up already? Personally if I have solar Amp leveled up I would throw in heat vision. That power is just strong when paired with solar Amp. Just because you want to be melee doesn't mean you can't use a range attack at melee range. Are you hybrid spec or superpower? You can also just go the pet route, grim, quislet and source shard.
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

If you're not planning on using Heat Vision don't worry about Solar Amp, Grimorium is a strong choice.
  4. L T Devoted Player

Grim is the same or slightly better than SA. If you ever use Crystal, Grim is significantly better than Solar.

Unless you're a big fan of Heat Vision or use Crystal all the time, I wouldn't go out of my way to trade one for the other.
  5. fm0987 Committed Player

Superpowered, two different loadouts, both use entomb sc. I do currently use hv for ranged, but not in my melee spec (could replace debris field which is sort of optional). But those are my only three dps arts I’ve leveled so far, I would have to consume grim during 2x xp to level solar amp.
  6. fm0987 Committed Player

I do use hv in my ranged loadout, but I may just stick to grim because I would have to do breakthroughs again (if consumed during next 2x xp)
  7. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Stick with Grim. HV is good both melee and range especially when you use the hand mod or when solar is maxed out. You could level up cloak whenever you're free to do do since you use Entomb on both loadouts. Grim, stra and trans are your best bet for now I suppose.
  8. fm0987 Committed Player

I do use crystal (for melee) and rsk (for range). Not 100%, I think crystal has better aoe and rsk is better for st? I don’t use fortify in either loadouts. Well idk, dps always seems less in parse when using fortify.
  9. fm0987 Committed Player

I thought about using soul cloak as well but unstoppable only works in melee range. Well idk, does cloak increase sc gen on non sc generators?
    • Like x 1
  10. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Pet build earth loadout is amazing strong and I would say yes if electric players can use tesla ball instead of their sc generator and still be able to use cloak I would say yes that it will still work.
  11. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

When you finish ranking up what you have now Solar Amplifier would be a good investment if we ever get a 4th slot or if you just want to have it for your ranged build.
    • Like x 1
  12. Plowed In Loyal Player

I would work on solar, but wouldn’t sacrifice grim. Grim’s good for setting up PI for ranged loadouts.
  13. Drewbolt Greatest Healer of this Generation

I work max your Grim first for its level 200 benefit, namely that pets do not reduce power regeneration. So yeah, you might still be popping Fortify Crystal to give it power, but you should notice that your power regeneration performs better.