Green Aura????

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Dominic Omega, Mar 24, 2013.

1. recespieces31 New Player

So, let me get this straight, instead of wanting to be a White/Red/Pink/Light Blue/Dark Blue/Gold light blub, people want to be a Green light blub?
  2. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Actually Marvel went the opposite direction with their game. In their game all you can do is be the iconic characters, no character creation at all from what I understand. And their first attempt at an MMO ended up being Champions Online.

Also, it can easily be argued that DCUO is very iconic, from locations to taking missions from all levels of heroes and villains in the DC Universe, and so on. Kind of tough for me to say the game isn't iconic because it isn't as customizable as other hero games.

And if I use the word "iconic" any more it's going to stop making sense to me. LOL
  3. SoylentBob New Player

Yep, people that gonna want is gonna want.

Chartreuse isn't exactly the best compromise. It is the color halfway between green and yellow. True, SOE could make everyone, Hero and Villain, chartreuse, as they have exobyte powers stolen from both sides, but those who want to "belong" to a particular Lantern Corps would not be happy.

As for DC's toys, we do have to pay to play with them. Since we're paying, it might be nice if we get to pick which toys.
    • Like x 1
  4. WorldsDown New Player

Amen.
    • Like x 1
  5. Rebelyon New Player

[IMG]

for wanting Green aura...
  6. Horrorshow New Player

Iconic meaning our characters. The canon content is iconic in itself. There is not enough customization in the game to make our characters stand out or look as iconic as the canons. Green lantern and Sinestro Corp powers are watered down versions of Green and Yellow lanterns. The way legend characters look and function make them more iconic looking. The only way this game is going to let us really be iconic with our characters is give us more customization on the same level with DC Comics. The Devs can most certainly create features, content, and alternate visuals for us to choose from. They don't have to copy what DC Comics has for their characters.
  7. scotch74 New Player

The most baffling part for me is the irony...there is only ONE Superman, Batman, Flash, etc and yet we have access to their iconic symbols and can make reasonable facsimiles of their characters. Yet there are several thousand lanterns and even more can be "deputized" in times of crisis. Logically and narratively, it makes sense to give us access to green auras/lantern symbols and NOT the iconography of the unique heroes yet it's the EXACT opposite...in this context, I just don't get DC's singular concern with the lanterns.
    • Like x 1
  8. Durath Sa New Player

just take colors off auras and let them use your normal palette to select color.
  9. Durath Sa New Player

I somewhat agree with you- we are playing Marvel style characters in a game that's in all other ways DC based.

Marvel characters = team based groups with smaller, less diverse powers (not everybody, but in general)
  10. Binary Zero Active Player

I guess it's only because the villains get somewhat a 'substitute' aura for the yellow lanterns and the hero side makes a fuzz about it of not having NEAR such a color for the green ones. Combine it with the fact that the majority of players play the 'good guys', you get alot of complains on the forum regarding all this : "But the Villains get a fitting Aura for their Lanterns, bohoo. ;(" (< I greatly exaggerate here, but you get the picture)
  11. Eternity's_Girl Committed Player

I dont get why people are debating this DC said No thats it end of debate let it go.

I have seen many people mention there is iconic symbols/gear in the game we can use which isnt quite accurate. There is armor thats is iconic inspired but not in the style of the icons. And true there is gear we can get in the vault and marketplace with iconic symbols but those are souvnier fan gear like stuff we can buy in the real world, a good example is in CC that vendor is a souvnier stand. These are not concidered true iconic gear in any way so DC had no problem with them.
  12. MetaMax75 Devoted Player

Deadmeat has created an intellectual property or "IP" known as the "xxchild crusherxx" who repeatedly blocks over his downed opponents. Clear?
  13. Green Lantern New Player

This sounds really ridiculous.
  14. Durath Sa New Player

"once an appeal to authority is rejected, all discussion is closed"? I don't have that page anywhere in my personal philosophy of life book... we must have different editions. DC said "NO GREEN AURAS" DC did NOT say "no auras" did they? So was it SOE's choice or DC's not to make them part of our color pallete? DC didn't say "don't put uncolored Auras on people's characters and then let them turn the color to green," did they? They said no SPECIFICALLY green auras, they did not say anything about an aura whose color we could adjust ourselves.
  15. Blitzarro New Player

So how exactly is having a "green" colored aura breaking copyright? I can understand the emblem but really the aura, I have seen the lil fat guys in the lighthouse mission with green auras somebody better tell DC
  16. Eternity's_Girl Committed Player

Ok i guess i missed the part about adjustable but really how dumb would DC have to be to allow that. Everyone knows the first thing people would do is make a green aura which is exactly what DC doesnt want.
  17. Durath Sa New Player

Now? Yes. If they did it that way in the first place it probably would have been fine.
  18. MetaMax75 Devoted Player

Good point. Apparently the "Rats, it ain't never rats" guy is also a green lantern.
  19. Durath Sa New Player

So it's really all Diego's fault then. It's time to go Diego go......
  20. Eternity's_Girl Committed Player

The green aura is as much apart of the GL's likeness as anything else. With the Light DLC we got to have GL like powers, now to have these powers we had to have the ring. So since emblems were already off the table the aura of a GL was the logical thing to withhold to protect the image as DC sees it.