Green Aura????

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Dominic Omega, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

2. Laff Riot New Player

But that was the devs. I wish it was available to everyone so these threads would stop.
  3. Event_Horiz0n New Player

How do you copyright a green aura? Its not copyrighted.

GL reservists? IMO in this game the iconics are the reservists.

I mean come on how many times have any of us saved anymember of the corps? Or heck even the justice league...we need to vote those chumps out of the league.

Superman's embelem isn't as iconic as a GL symbol or an aura? Lol please

Just give us the damn symbol and auras already
    • Like x 2
  4. Laff Riot New Player

DC can tell SOE what they can and can not do. And if DC says no green auras then thats gonna happen. I dont think that it is copyrighted at all. Just DC doesnt want 1000000000000000000000 GL flying around. This is most likely why they wont allow SOE to do it. And I kind of agree. I am tired of seeing YL with the gold aura as well. But to each their own. If everyone wants to look exactly the same then I dont care. Let them.
    • Like x 1
  5. Rebelyon New Player

So DC is fine with 100000000000000000000 superman clones? This topic always sound illogical to me when people defend the position of not having green auras. I'll just take it that DC is bonkers for being so selfish about the color green...
    • Like x 1
  6. Comixfan Committed Player

Except that the Light powerset makes you a reservist of the Green Lantern Corps, and Alan Scott has (to the best of my knowledge) never ever been a member of, nor ever worked with, said Corps. There is nothing that connects the two save the name & the fact they both wear rings to utilise their powers.
  7. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

Well given that the whole token thing was scrapped the devs could easily go the exobyte route and alter cannon if need be. Starheart and Guardians are connected. The Starheart is comprised of magical energies sealed away by ancestors of the guardians if I recall correctly. The corps is sort of inspired by the power of the startheart. Alan Scott actually has worked with the corps and is considered an honorary member of the Corps.
    • Like x 1
  8. Oel Em Well-Known Player

I can solve this. Just make a Ziplock Aura, because yellow and blue makes...this argument no longer valid.
  9. Comixfan Committed Player

Did a bit of research:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Scott

(If you can call Wikipedia research, lol)

Looks like post-Crisis Alan helped the GL Corps with that whole Parallax business, but I sure as heck don't remember him giving his ring to Kyle.

Also didn't know about the honorary member business. Seems as though that was first mentioned during the Rann/Thanagar War.
  10. DeathRogue Well-Known Player

you can NOT Copyright or Trademark a color folks LoL. And They will not let this go out to the public because they want only the Green Lantern Corps to use it. but Gold LoL Is Yellow they do not care since it is marked as Gold and not yellow LoL..all Im sayin here have a nice Day.
  11. Rebelyon New Player

Just give us Jade Aura please... its not Green :p
    • Like x 4
  12. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

What so many people dont seem to understand is DC controls the full likeness of all thier characters which would include an aura. The reason people want a green aura for thier GLs is so they can complete the look which shows how much appart of the GL look it is.

I know there are many people that dont understand that a game based on DC doesnt have full run to use anything of DCU. DC (like any company) wants to make sure thier property is well represented.

To the arguement of theres so many copies of X character why does it matter. This goes against you cause in the end it proves why DC wants to limit things. Anybody could see that everybody and thier grandmother would want to make a copies of thier favorite character in well any game. So a company like DC will do whatever they could to make sure your limited as to how close of a copy you could make.
    • Like x 1
  13. Midori Toro Level 30

What I don't understand is, if they didn't want a gazillion GLs running around, why did they okay that theme for a DLC in the first place? To okay hard light, and green lantern corps reservists, but clench their butt cheeks over a green aura seems... assinine.

I've just used the purple aura and made my character a member of the Star Saphires. Neener.
    • Like x 2
  14. the solowing Steadfast Player

well actually you CAN

But the general understanding in American law is that colors can only be trademarked if they serve—and only serve– to identify the source of a product. They cannot serve any other function. The interesting question here was whether enhancing beauty is an “other function,” such that red soles cannot be trademarked lest this unfairly inhibits competition. In other words, can aesthetics be functional?
    To think this through, the judge analogized to a hypothetical dispute between Monet and Picasso over a particular shade of blue. As in fashion, he wrote, in painting, color is “an indispensable medium” of expression. To give control over a color to a single artist would both hinder art and harm competition. Likewise, reasoned the judge, a color cannot be monopolized by a single fashion designer.
    • Like x 1
  15. Dominic Omega New Player

but then what about the yellow aura or a red aura? they would all be a trade mark of the lanterns cause each color has its own aura.
    • Like x 1
  16. Dominic Omega New Player

but then you have a problem with the other auras cause there are more then just red yellow and green lanterns.
    • Like x 1
  17. Delta795 New Player

Just make the aura adjustable to match one of your other 3 colors.
  18. Dominic Omega New Player

no this is the first time ive tryed looking into it. i cant find the real reason behind this not being there. just alot of say so from different people.
    • Like x 1
  19. Laff Riot New Player

I didnt say "this is not the first time Dominic Omega has asked about this" I said PEOPLE. Doest matter if you asked only once or a thousand times like everyone else has. This topic will not die and the devs need to make it easier to dig through the archives or come here and state why it is not in game. I really dont care why it is or isnt in game. But I am tired of seeing these threads like the ninja looting ones. I know I can pass them up but they show up daily or weekly. Hard not to miss them.
    • Like x 1
  20. SoylentBob New Player

• Like x 1