seals on marketplace

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Fieryvegtank, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Fieryvegtank Level 30

Devs, why are the seals only available via the marketplace? So we pay subscription for in game content to progress. But you have to pay extra to make sure you progress. So a breakthrough took my seal on an 80% chance. So I did it twice before it finally succeeded. Now if I didn't have the marks to keep buying the catalysts I couldn't have progressed. So tell me why I'm paying a monthly sub when in certain circumstances I may not be able to progress.

I get paying extra for non feat related styles and aura's, but to actually guarantee you progress to stay competitive??? This should be included within the membership as thats the whole point!
    • Like x 10
  2. Irvynnge Loyal Player

you're right. it's not cricket. not at all. & I think that subscribers should get a four-pack of preservations &/or one completion a month. but it's not gonna happen. it is what it is. you run the risk of a burn or you pony up. your choice. play your way. welcome to DCUO, chum.
    • Like x 2
  3. TANK69 Well-Known Player

You can always cancel your sub and spend the money somewhere else. This is the best you can do, to point your opinion.
    • Like x 3
  4. AquiloFury Committed Player

As members, we get 500 mc(or loyalty points for ps) that we can use however we like. Since seals of preservation as well as completion are on said loyalty vendor..you can get a four pack of preservation every month. Seals of completion are a bit different as they cost more for just one. Even so, every two months you can get a seal of completion.
    • Like x 5
  5. Hraesvelg Always Right

But they want it NOW!
    • Like x 3
  6. Chia Death Well-Known Player

It's an RNG mechanic. Can your breakthrough fail at 80% chance of success? Of course, it had a 20% chance of failure. You aren't ever unable to progress, it's just that you don't want to have any difficulty in the game- maybe this isn't the right game for you.
  7. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Technically not free since we have to use the loyalty to get it when we could be using it for other things.
  8. Miss Adora Loyal Player

Believe it or not, I had one fail with a 95% successful, so yes not surprised it fails at 80%
    • Like x 1
  9. Gonadicles New Player

The OP poster's point was that we're forced to spend money to stay competitive with artifacts, which are essential for running endgame content. There's no way to grind it out or earn it other than paying real money for seals. This is even more so the case with level 180 and 200 artifact breakthroughs. Having to pay money to progress in a game is the literal definition of pay-to-win.

So, disagree with the OP if you want. But the point still remains that Daybreak has made this game a pay-to-win system. If Daybreak wants to make it not pay-to-win, the only answer would be to make seals tradable again. You know, whenever they get around to giving us back a broker and the ability to purchase things from other players via a trade.
    • Like x 9
  10. Fieryvegtank Level 30

ah ok, you know what fair enough I suppose. I didnt realise you could buy from the loyalty vendor. Lools like I wont be getting that armory after all
  11. Fieryvegtank Level 30

Think you kinda missed the point. I'm guessing the "difficulty" you are reffering to is the fact I will need to put my hand back in my pocket again after buying membership to progress to stay competitive.
  12. Fieryvegtank Level 30

Finally, someone gets my point xD

Thank you oh wise one ;)
    • Like x 2
  13. myandria Item Storage

Hmm..

Item progression is not the same as game progression: you can get to the end game without having any artifacts (Event Mode). So, I am going to assume you mean you have an issue with item progression (Artifacts).

The "point' of a paying for a membership is to have access to certain in game "perks" that free and premium players do not have; it's really that simple. No MMO that I have ever played (and I have played quite a few of them) has ever offered a subscription that gave away items that guaranteed progression, even when most MMO's went to the Free-To-Play game model.

Before Artifacts, mods were tied to crafting and grinding for those components was time consuming, especially for those end game gear and generator mods. I don't want to even IMAGINE the components the devs would want us to farm IF we went back to that crafting system, as well as the RNG for successful crafting. *shudder*

Once upon a time, the seals of preservation were tradeable. It was a happy time for many players. Then, one fateful day as the prices of the seals were skyrocketing, the devs pulled them from the broker, made them account bound and placed them in the Marketplace. The seals of preservation and their kin have resided there ever since.

Imagine if the seals were included with the monthly membership; that would lead to a quality of life disaster. Members would want the seals to be tradeable and sellable on the broker. Prices would skyrocket AGAIN for those seals and that would not solve the broker/trading issue that we currently have. There would be the issue of pay-to progress, as an important component for progressing artifacts would be easily available to members and not fairly available to others. This is basically why items like the seals are on the Marketplace; they are available to all who want to pay for them.
  14. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Actually the Seal of Completion is covered by the same amount of loyalty points we get monthly. So you can choose one or the other.
    • Like x 2
  15. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Correction: Seals of Preservation/Completion always resided in the Marketplace from day one. The only change that occurred was that they were made account bound because of an exploit.
  16. Hraesvelg Always Right

You can buy a chance to breakthrough with the catalysts from source marks. You don't have to spend money to get source marks. It's...not much of a chance at the higher intervals, I'll grant. But they do, on occasion, give us some seals. If you're frugal, wait until then to breakthrough.

It's a pay-to-shortcut. It's designed to make you WANT to spend money, but you don't HAVE to spend money. Everyone here complaining about it should probably work on their own impulse control.
    • Like x 1
  17. myandria Item Storage

Really? That is news to me, since I did not see them there until after they became account bound. Interesting and good to know.
  18. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Yeah, they never dropped in content. People bought them from the Marketplace and sold them on the broker for a decent amount.
  19. Littlejaytee16 Committed Player

Yeah... that's what I do. Every month I get one Seal of Completion from my loyalty points. I will not spend $5 in the Market Place on a Seal of Completion. I've decided the only money I'm spending on this game is on my subscription. (Sucks cause I really want to get a Krypto from the Loyalty Vendor)

Anyway... time wise it works out about right... once you get your Artifact past a certain rank, it takes forever to collect the Nth metal to get it to the next breakthrough.

After Metal II dropped I got the Transformation card and started ranking that up. Would you believe my breakthrough with an 80% success rate failed? Wow. Luckily I had enough Source Marks saved to risk a few more attempts.
  20. Brit Loyal Player

With your sub, you get 500mc. That is a portion of your subscriber benefits and is considered flexible, in that you can choose what benefit you wish from it. For some players, it's replay badges, for others, it's stabilizers. For me, it's often Seals. I use a Seal of Preservation on every breakthrough that is 60% or higher, and a Seal of Completion on every breakthrough less than 60%.

Honestly, since it is Nth Metal and not Catalysts that end up being the bottleneck for how fast those Artifacts can advance, I find I don't even need to buy a Seal every month. Moving from 160 to 200 takes a long time, so I need fewer and fewer Seals these days.