Great Job on Atomic....

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Ghostof91, Oct 14, 2015.

1. Ghostof91 New Player

Now can we please get 2 AM's for each Powersets:

I hear that Mental has no diversity at all, the 100% SC is just embarrassing and kind of disrespectful at most, while others such as Electricity, Fire, Sorcery, Earth all rely on a fixed loadout 2 the most.

My Solution is to give these powers the second AM they truly need,

Earth's Aftershock needs serious Attention, along with Sorcery's Karma interaction, Mental's second AM should involve illusional ways to do damage such as including invisibility or making Mass Hysteria it's AM.;)

Dev's......Please reply.
    • Like x 5
  2. Derio 15000 Post Club

Not gonna happen, Devs already confirmed is not gonna happen
    • Like x 6
  3. willflynne 10000 Post Club

• Like x 1
  4. Ghostof91 New Player

Wouldn't this crave the starvation for new powers if our recent powers were to get some love.:cool:
  5. Ghostof91 New Player

I think it is very unfortunate, this won't happen anytime soon, but bringing up valid points of why they should do it should somewhat help.:oops:
  6. DCUO ENTHUSIAST Dedicated Player

Mental has pretty much a cookie cutter loadout, where players use pretty much the same loadout...I think some prefer psychic shock vs telekinetic bolt (pretty sure that's the name) and/or supercharge vs menace...
    But mental us still pretty fun imo AND the supercharge is pretty super sweet, easily one of my favorite supercharged in the game, and the effects of the supercharge last for a really loooooooooooong time...
    Like super long....it's pretty O P in a lot of ways....the only thing I do not like about the sc is the loss of movement mode as the phantom menace...
  7. Dynagirl Committed Player

I'm guessing that it is easier said than done. Even if you go the simplest route with a second AM and use the a 123 boom api, that still a lot of work and resources for powers that already have a functional am. Maybe after water they will take a break and do another revamp phase for the old powers.
    • Like x 3
  8. Ghostof91 New Player

Mass Hysteria doesn't fit the estimate of a 100% SC though you may it very useful, the Barrage doesn't even equate to 50% SC so there's the SCs that still needs Attention, I'm sure The Mass Hysteria Am would have pleased players like you if it was implemented.

The Dev's need to reconsider the decision they are making, which is we will continue to get threads of unhappy Earthers, Mentalist etc.
  9. Derio 15000 Post Club

I don't think so. However I do support the expansion of powers being added to the am activation or continuation.

Example is what they did with celestial by adding in smite c haunt into the am
    • Like x 3
  10. Ghostof91 New Player

True, but, the thing is the wait and starvation for new powers after new powers is basically a result to neglected old powers being more so overshadowed by these new releases.

By the time Water comes out there's no guarantee, the Dev's will be interested than, but if they get the ball rolling they will think this thread in the long run Players of such powers will be very grateful of the Dev's work;) , but right now some players are calling Atomic another money grab.:(
  11. Ghostof91 New Player

Fair enough, it's surely better than nothing agree.
  12. DCUO ENTHUSIAST Dedicated Player

True true....one very apparent fact that we can all agree on....ATOMIC LOOKS SWEEEET!! And I'm planning to FOTM the friick out of it....!!!
    • Like x 1
  13. Trexlight Devoted Player

Doubt the community will want to wait even longer for more balance stuff if this was implemented.
    • Like x 2
  14. Ghostof91 New Player

True, but, atleast while the community awaits the balance, there will be more options for players to amplify their fun within each powerset.
  15. Aglorenzini Dedicated Player

Some powers will always be loved for being the fotm. Some powers will always be loved by individual people because of personal reasons.
    I love quantum. Yes, its DPS is time bomb + 3 button sequence, but it's awesome to think that you accumulate all that damage in a timeless singularity and it simply blows up dealing all that damage.
    That's why I'm switching my ice to atomic, the concept is awesome.
    The fact is...there will always be people going for the fotm, of course. But there'll always be people that like their power, no matter what.
    • Like x 3
  16. Ghostof91 New Player

True as well, but Loving your power is wanting what's best for it right?, Quantum can utilize singularity for it's Second AM, and we all know it is a strong assumption that players flock to FOTM regardless, to relate to the minds of those,what if they just want something new and notice that their loved powers is getting no attention.

• Some change to fit in with the damage upon fear of being judged for not being competitive.
    • Some want the same for their powers but refuse to fall behind
    • Some just want to be on top regardless and have no imagination what so ever.
  17. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Not every power will be identical in every way. The versatility here is one of the cool things about Atomic, just one of the things that makes it special.
    • Like x 18
  18. Ghostof91 New Player

Fair enough,

It's clear you guys have a talent with these new powers, but if you can reconsider the old powers that has been dying for a second AM that will be highly embraced by the DCUO population.

Also why get one Fotm Powerset to bring in Re-specs when you can get many fotm Powers to double that amount of Re-specs of that power, just something to keep in mind.;)
    • Like x 1
  19. Trexlight Devoted Player

Yeah but the Balance would have to go in toe with this 2nd Am idea. Or better yet.One year of Balancing done. Then another year of adding the 2nd AM and possibly another year of balancing those.

Hypothetical of course but all in all, a lot of work that will take a lot of time and the Community has shown they are none for patience lol
    • Like x 3
  20. DustyAnkh Loyal Player

It's just like Legends. The new ones are unique and awesome, have much more versatile loadouts and new animations, while the old ones are ... well just compare The Flash with Harley (not talking about damage), or Mental with Atomic.
    • Like x 8