Great game but.................

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Monkeyboy, May 21, 2013.

1. Corrupted Ertai New Player

People have been begging for legends style PvE content since Legends was introduced. They did their best to give us what we wanted and create diversity in the content to keep new tiers from being more difficult versions of older concepts. Take it or leave it. There are 2 alerts that give more rewards and are more entertaining that you can re-run if you don't like it. The devs can't please everyone. That's not only common sense, but has been stated by devs and GMs over and over. Threads like this waste attention from important issues.
    • Like x 1
  2. Breakforce Loyal Player

There is one criteria to determine if something is PVP or is not PVP.

These solos do not meet that criteria.
    • Like x 1
  3. Wizz Tron New Player

If that's true I highly doubt people wanted to play as 2nd/3rd tier characters
    I can see them asking to play as Superman/ Batman, or one of the Flashes but not Bizzaro or The Huntress

i would like to have it as an option to not only play as my toon but to pick which legends character I want to play as, even put a feat behind it
  4. Jason Martin Dedicated Player

they aren't pvp toons. they are character of the game
  5. Wizz Tron New Player

Characters that you only ever played as in PvP Legends
  6. MIA Philly New Player

there are only 2 missions where you are not your own toon and by all means you dont have to select it or play it so whats the problem? i for one want waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more of these with each legend. i'll take legends solo, duo, alert and raids please. this way when i want to play different content and escape my toon for a lil bit i can. plus this is the only content that is equal for all players no matter the gear level. LOOOOOVE it
  7. Sparkman New Player

Then why let you play as your character? I men it would be just playing an arena PvP match.
  8. tukuan Devoted Player

By this logic when you are in an arena it must be PVE because you are using a PVE created character. I'm pretty sure the defining element for PVP vs. PVE is the presence of one or more human opponents, or lack there of.
  9. Jason Martin Dedicated Player

and what the problem if you play them in pve?
  10. Dps Gear New Player

11. Aiden Warren New Player

so you made your way to cr 84+ and still haven't learn the combat mechanics and counters?
    so you smash through raids everyday and now you can't do this solo after so many people claiming to this and that solo.
    I don't get this at all.
  12. Solarstar New Player

Jens did say that there were tells from the targets, right?
  13. Aiden Warren New Player

Is that English?
    Where is your predicate and verb to explain the topic of the sentence and what the sentence is saying.
  14. Villain Smasher New Player

Thank you kindly sir. The petty game of semantics was very annoying.
  15. Solarstar New Player

Very funny Aiden, but don't take advantage of those who are drowsy.

You know what I meant. Jens did tell everyone that the targets would send off tells as some sort of way to let the players know that they're blocking and we should either block as well or use a block breaker.
  16. Aiden Warren New Player

Ah ok. Yeah that can be a PITA.
    https://forums.station.sony.com/dcu...o-dlc7-origin-crisis-anomoly-huntress.153626/

https://forums.station.sony.com/dcu...uo-dlc7-origin-crisis-anomaly-bizarro.153350/
  17. Splinter Cell Dedicated Player

It's something different, they tried it. You don't like it, and that's fine. But a lot of people do enjoy the chance to play as one of their favorite Iconics. I think it's a cool idea, would be interesting to see an Iconic Anomaly based on other famous events. These events could have similar options like in The Hunt, where you could fight or let Santo Cassamento go.

Superman's first encounter with Doomsday (submit to Doomsday's strength or not)
    Batman's first encounter with Bane in the Batcave (submit to Bane's strength or not)

Those are to name a few, but the Iconic Anomalies open up a huge world of possibilities and exploration of being able to first-hand take on these events based on how YOU would approach the situation.

As for "you got your PvP in my PvE," those combat mechanics are what makes the game what it is. Just because you didn't notice them early on, doesn't mean they weren't there to begin with. They were, and it's been proven. All they did was flesh it out, so that it's more obvious and newcomers to the game even get a tutorial now in basic counters and blocking.
  18. Maxx_Watt Loyal Player

I dont do legends because I dont really like playing as those toons, I dont do the solos because i dont like playing as those toons or PvE, Huntress might be my least favorite toon due to the weapon switch witch takes forever when you go to DP, 3 strikes in one instance IMO.
  19. Sionn Committed Player

Why? Because they only existed in pvp for the majority of the time since the game's release. Everything except being able to block punish a handful of npcs in the game.

I think the mechanics are horrible, and they make no sense in relation to the universe in which we're playing.
  20. Monkeyboy Committed Player

What are you talking about? I haven't learned combat mechanics? Where did you get that? The solos are easy and not much changes with them from day to day. In matter of fact I just did a T5 alert and you need to learn how to block!