Gread job devs (overall) omnibus is terrible tho

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Qwantum Abyss, Aug 26, 2021.

1. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Issue is theres current episode gear/currency attatched to it you almost have to do it. That wouodnt be so bad if we picked our Q but we dont. The game forces us into whatever it wants and some of these alerts an raids simply cant be done by most of the players because they wont listen and wont admit they dont know what to do and just want a carry like they used to get.
    Having the progress tied directly to terrible terrible players AND tied to a roulette system when you have no control of what Q u get is bad design.
    Dump the mission, so we can opt out of omnibus and figure out a dif way to incorporate the rewards. Its the same missions as on duty now that we are clamped. Let on duty Q’s count toward the mission plz.

Other than this, great job. Had a blast in FOS2 last nite!!! First I Q’d up to see how much of a trainwreck and it was BAD. The level of incompetence an lack of communication leading to instant toxicity was pretty eye opening.
    Soon as i grouped up with competant players it was a cake walk. Was wanting it to be much harder but still great!
    • Like x 5
  2. MiLady Well-Known Player

I agree with the OP.

Being forced into a random queue that is tied to progression is BAD. This is just like pugging, but without choosing the content to play. The idea sounds like it could be a good idea, but in reality, its not. Try playing this way with pugs and you will know what we mean.

Keep the "Custom" (original) way to queue into content. This allows more options (types of content: duo/alert/raid, and difficulty: event/normal/elite) simultaneously.
    • Like x 2
  3. OnlyNomad The One Above All

I agree wholeheartedly with this, Omnibus is awful. Our progression is at the mercy of other player's abilities and that's a terrible idea.

Omnibus is fine if you're looking to do random content for fun but tying up missions or progression to it was an awful idea.
    • Like x 6
  4. JSnaples Committed Player

Lol looks like dc has to fix like half their update
    • Like x 1
  5. DanXVII Committed Player

lmao that's literally the entire concept of a multiplayer game.
    • Like x 2
  6. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

Overall, Omnibus was horribly executed. With updates like these, it kinda just proves that the developers of the game dont really play the game or know how the game works in terms of content and mechanics.

Along with that, which was expected but also aggravating because it's never a 'we fixed this bug and now were good' it's a 'uh oh we fixed this but now that is broken' and it's just a constant cycle. Like I love this game but geez it's a never ending cycle.

Omnibus was a bad idea tho. Felt like that was worth repeating.
    • Like x 3
  7. TheDrone Well-Known Player

In theory, I like Omnibus being random. However, the stat clamp has made it absolutely awful. People can't complete even the simple Raids. As I type this, I'm in a League Hall Lockdown that has failed on the first boss 4 times already. Three of us are at CR113 and the other 5 are at CR88. Every Omnibus raid I get has 5-7 people at minimum CR. Minimum level PUGs don't succeed and they never did. At least in the past, a couple high CR players could drag the low CR people through it. Sure, my higher CR, skill points, and Artifacts let me do more damage and survive things easier. But, I still have to rely on a group that can't win to progress. My "stat clamp advantage" means nothing under these circumstances.

Is the obvious solution to queue with a full group of leaguemates? Sure, it is. That's also not at all what the entire point of this Update was. At least not what they stated the intent to be.
    • Like x 4
  8. Cerulean Osprey Well-Known Player

I like the concept of Omnibus. It’s a good way to revisit old content and play things at level, but I mentioned in another thread that we need more incentive. Queue’ing into instances that aren’t really my fav, like Arkham Asylum alert or Age of Justice stuff, isn’t something I’d do voluntarily. Source Marks, random old content drops, and the chance for pets/iconic weapons are still not sweet enough, IMO.
    • Like x 3
  9. the solowing Steadfast Player

If you guys had control over what you chose, the queue times would go right back to what it was prior to the update.
    • Like x 4
  10. Proxystar #Perception

The intent of this update was also not to try and retain 5 minute raid runs (certainly not in every experience), I've run numerous raids through omnibus now without issue, far from the "people can't complete simple raids" that you'd assert.

The most problematic raids are the ones that are mechanic heavy, usually requiring people to stand in certain places and remain there and the like, but the groups I've experienced get there with a bit of time.

No raid has really taken more than 30 minutes to complete.

Perhaps it's time people adjusted their expectations. Also you'll find the ease at which a raid is completed hinges greatly on the quality of support roles, so much so, that I've literally carried raid parties to completion with tanking and doing it properly, perhaps it's time a few players stepped outside of DPS roles just for a moment in their lives if they want to make things easier. ;)
    • Like x 3
  11. Proxystar #Perception

I have to agree with this, if you allowed people to choose what they wanted, swathes of more "less desirable" mechanic heavy content would be all but abandoned in the random queue.

The likes of Khandaq (a 30 minute experience) would simply not happen.

The reality is for the sake of all players, the game needs everything popping, not just instances you want a quick 10 marks from.

In fact if anything, I think the developers should more heavily incentivize omnibus, I think perhaps some catalysts in the weekly journal rewards either for artifacts, possibly even some stabilizer fragments.
    • Like x 4
  12. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

I just wish we woulda had a say in all this. Also, i get that this daily log in is more forgiving then other games, but theres was a whole hurricane that ripped through the south, thousands if not millions are out of power. I get it dcuo is the last thing on their mind, but man if u pay the $15 for legendary why u gotta log on 21 days to get the reward
    • Like x 2
  13. Proxystar #Perception

If you couldn't log in on any given day previously, did you receive the missed stabilizer fragments or vault rewards, when you next logged in?
  14. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

• Warning: The DCUO forums are for everyone. Please be respectful, constructive, and kind. Please welcome contrasting views and stay on topic. Do not insult or attack anyone.
    No but u didn’t pay for those did you wise @zz.. free players cant get the style only legendary can, but everyone could run the stabilizer mission. Two different worlds
  15. MrWood Well-Known Player

You can pick your que tho? Unless you have a different meaning. If i que for Paradox Wave in the custom menu, then it will fill with ppl from Omnibus. So, just use the custom que.
  16. Proxystar #Perception

Yes, you did actually :)

Members got extra fragments, of which were obviously also lost if you didn't log, in addition members got more vault runs, resulting in extra nth metal, again lost if you didn't log in.

Also the "daily log in style" you're referring to isn't a member exclusive, it's a "timed member exclusive".

Members are given it for free when they log in for the period required, free players will be able to buy it later off the Fate vendor with destiny tokens (of which they get 1 a month), they just have to wait whatever time period the devs decide to take to release it on the vendor.

All the members get is basically "early access" to it. If you want that early access, then buy a membership. ;)
  17. Staggiie Level 30

Those don't count towards the "complete x amount of omnibus instances" mission in your journal.
    • Like x 1
  18. MrWood Well-Known Player

.... I'm not getting your response here. Of course it wouldn't, you custom qued. If you need to do something for a mission, then do the mission. Just go back to custom que after.
  19. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

I'm not talking about that. I understand that part.
  20. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

This dlc and update shines a light on you as a player. You can't just rely on raw stats and a cookie cutter loadout any more. I think battle roles are more useful than ever because if you want to get stuff done... you need to actually be good at the game and carry as much weight as possible. Its interesting at least.
    • Like x 1