Grand Theft Auto V

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by XODUIS, Sep 21, 2013.

1. Zim New Player

I wish they would make a GTA MMO. The possibilities are endless.
  2. Adriana New Player

FF does not let its players talk on forum until they are high level. They cannot get high level unless they use the fate party way which makes players unskilled as it did on this. This chat is just the same no cussing or anything. Everything is watered down like no one has common sense.

Comparing the two, this game is far better then that game. It just has a lot of cute and shinny to people right now. They do not realize that it is a version of FF before WoW was even out. I was on it for 11 years, teens until adulthood. That was is just a upgrade of that game. The people could rush through that game too. They do not even realize FF14 is the same story of FF11. From the beginning story of the same war and the big summon. They ran through the dlc's that they do not realize the first two finish off the story. The CoP dlc tells you about the mother crystal and the other crystals.

She finely becomes one with her partner that helped her create the world. CoP ending you get the ending to the game and could feel it back then. Rush, rush that they do not even see its the same thing. Summoners from the other game that fuss about 14 Summoners sucking did not know what they were doing on FF11. Summoner on FF11 had to multi-tasking and needing a lot of the abilities they added. You can tell they listened to my type of Summoner that had to solo HNM if the Raid group wiped.

It's just that unskilled summoners did not know how to do this at all. They do not even realize that on the old game it went by days. You get a fire day ifrit is strong and mobs went by what they are weak too. It took a lot of learning and being able to train new players. New players are so mean on the game they do not allow you to train them. I dealt with one that did not know how to crowd control with summoner but fussed about damage output.

You're not a black mage on either game, even though you did get instand heavy damage to mobs. It was not a good thing with soloing because you had to kit with Carbuncle. He was not able to hold hate if you did it that way. You had to get so far of a distance you could not see the mob. They made it that we need no more running. You can just stand and control, I had to deal with teams that get upset because I only play to keep teams from wiping. They sit and fuss and if I stop healing and doing crowd control you can see it go from looking easy to instant mess.

Sad, its a woman knowing how to play better then males. In ways I feel its part of our fault males have gotten this bad on games. We rushed MMO's because it was easy to get husbands. Once we got the men we wanted we dashed off them and it seems like no women the men are very talkative and trash each other. If we over take MMO's again maybe the men will settle down more.
    • Like x 1
  3. XODUIS Committed Player

I dint compare gameplay, graphics, or anything but sales. I play both and like both all i did was state facts
  4. XODUIS Committed Player

Who asked for GTA Online to be an MMO?? I just wished it would release already because the Trailer looked crazy.
  5. XODUIS Committed Player

Wahhh??? That story was horrible and is the top hated GTA
  6. General Zod 10000 Post Club

Kifflom!
    • Like x 1
  7. MentosTroll Loyal Player

The hardest part of playing GTA V is staying focused to actually go to a story mission. There is always something that will distract you on the way to the story waypoint.
    Like I was literally 20 feet away from a waypoint, then I overheard a blonde bimbo say "Seriously!? Oh my God!", I couldn't help myself that I beat her up with a bat, so the cops got to me and took me a while to shake em off.
  8. EnemyOfDaState New Player

GTA 4 didn't make any sense to me the whole game was spent trying to make me feel sympathy for Niko because of all the bad things that happened to him. In a non open world game that would make perfect sense but when i spent the entire duration of the game killing cops running over pedestrians and shooting hookers its kind of hard to muster up pity for Niko.
    • Like x 1
  9. XODUIS Committed Player

Also the MF was in Human Trafficking so theres really no sympathy needed for him at all
    • Like x 1
  10. EnemyOfDaState New Player

Seriously the dude was a ****** i mean during the bank robbery mission you literally kill 100 cops which i have no problem with but don't turn around and try to make me feel bad for the P.O.S.
    • Like x 1
  11. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

The more I hear about this game, the less I want to play it.
    • Like x 2
  12. Twilight Man New Player

GTA fan here. GTA V is a masterpiece.
    I play often, and I have a crew.
    Feel free to add me on Rockstars SocialClub, I'm ZombieHomie

I also have a crew for online play. Not much different, I'm the same way there as I am here.

...a friendly laid back smart@ss who parties a lot and been gaming for quite some time.
  13. CarlynnCarnage 10000 Post Club

You know who Trever reminds me of?
    [IMG]
    • Like x 5
  14. Jake New Player

No way in hell.. Not once have I wanted to fall asleep while playing GTA V, same cant be said for 4
  15. Jake New Player

Why?
  16. General Zod 10000 Post Club

:eek:
  17. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

I played video games in an arcade in the 80's. The big game when I stopped was Dragon's lair. Moving into adulthood I would occasionally look at games and wonder if it was worth getting back into them. The misogyny in particular and to a lesser extent, the racism bothered me. The majority of the games were FPS and because of my background I had zero interest in those games. Move into 2005 and there were mystery and puzzle games coming out. More women started playing games, so for marketing reasons, the misogyny was dialled back.

For the most part the person on person violence mirrored what was happening in movies and the violence was predominantly directed at non humans, zombies in particular. Fast forward to 2011, and I look at games again. DCUO has just come out, hard rain is a big seller. At this point the violence, while still there, is now a niche market, not a predominant selling point.

GTA seems to me to be a throwback to an era where violence and misogyny are selling points, hearing the above story about beating a blonde with a baseball bat because she has an annoying voice immediately struck a chord with me, and not a pleasant chord.

This is not a diatribe about violence and misogyny in games, I'm strictly talking about my own biases. I have never, and will never call for censorship in games, the market determines the content. I'm talking about myself as a consumer and the games I enjoy.
    • Like x 2
  18. DrewCheech New Player

Off topic, but this is how I felt about Breaking Bad.
    The more nonsense I heard about how it's the best show of an entire generation, made it seem smug.
    And then I broke, started watching one a day, and I'm 4 episodes in and hooked.
    I wanted SO much not to like GTA 5, between Diablo 3 and the FFX remake I'm all set.
    Not to mention I haven't even touched The Last of Us.
    But GTA5 is everything they say it is, I'd leave it to personal experience rather than an ideal to keep you from trying it
    • Like x 1
  19. MENTaLCAsE XIII New Player

too long to read o_O
    • Like x 1
  20. Drathmor Unwavering Player

dont be, your wasting your time unless your doing the missions for lester the gains are so small unless your affecting them by missions.

with out the missions your gains will be small and not really worth the time invested. I just wish their were more heist