Gotham time capsules please read

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by xxastinosxx, Oct 30, 2017.

1. xxastinosxx Level 30

Hey everyone,

At this point, i am really upset about the drop rate of some items on this capsules that i just couldnt help myself but let it out here, i want to start saying that i love dcuo, i dont play anything else, ive been a legendary member for a few years now and at least in my opinion this is one of the best mmorpg out there.
    With that being said, going back to the drop rate, it is ridiculous, i mean, if this was some sort of item that u can grind within the game, i would be ok cause grind would be the key word, but u have to put real money to buy stabilizers to open the capsules and actually finish the collections, cause lets be honest, you cant finish one of those collections by running the stabilizer event from the on duty menu, im writting this cause i spent not less than $200 on stabilizers and still havent finish the collections, why? cause u keep getting tons of emblems instead of the collection pieces, oh, and dont forget the beyond gear, yes you get a good amount of them, but mostly gloves and belts, the whole point of this is, i understand that a company's main focus is money, it makes sense, but come on, i could have spent those $200 on something else, i mean, at the end im trying to get something in a virtual world, i never gonna have it in my hands, and whenever you guys decide to shut down the server it would be game over for all of us, so i think it is enough of been so greedy, if people is kind enough to invest their money on the game, at least give them the chance to get what they want, i think is fair, in some way im happy to support the game i love, but at the same time im feeling a bit ripped off.

hopefully, someone with better english than me will expose this in a better way, cause i dont think im alone on this matter.
  2. ozzy1111 Dedicated Player

sorry buddy. I'm with you but...why are you spending real money of something you KNOW will screw you over???

the only way the TC game works is...KEEP ON SPENDING. YOUR GET THERE SOON!!!!!
    • Like x 2
  3. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

As long as time capsules bring in the money they do, drop rates or anything of the like won't be touched. You want them to change it gotta speak with your wallet.
    • Like x 2
  4. majosea Dedicated Player

thats bad luck sorry , I got a ton gear style just running the event to make a key then open it , Have not spend a dime
    • Like x 1
  5. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Sorry but you got what you pay for. The Time Capsules say there's a chance to get said items; therefore you know it's RNG.

If you knew it was RNG, paid 200 dollars and expected to get a guaranteed collection done; that's entirely on you.

The developers aren't about to Adjust the Drop rates when people are paying so much money to get them, that's the morale of the story.

If I were in your position, I would've payed no more than just $10 on Stabilizers; anything further than that would be a big no considering it's RNG.
    • Like x 2
  6. Dreadshow Well-Known Player

You should try to get a void essence
  7. Aren Sul Committed Player

Actually, this is a prime example of not striking the correct balance of drop rate versus cost.
    • The collections will allow you to get an aura
    • People want the aura(s)
    • You can get more money out of people than outright purchase, by adding a random element
    That's business - no argument there.
    But here's the problem. You know that most people who want to spend money on this are only going to spend so much. There must be plenty of stats by now as to average spending for TCs. So you want to maximize. Again fine. That's a business model.
    But what this business model lacks is repercussions. You should make so that the average spender is pretty much guaranteed to get what is wanted. That provides a feeling of cost = value (and accomplishment of sorts).

But, if TC release after TC release people are left hanging - having spent the max they want to with nothing (they wanted) to show for it, then what is the probability they will continue this behavior. For most people there will be significant diminishing returns until you have an overwhelming impression TCs aren't worth it, why bother. And then you've lost a revenue stream and have gained dissatisfied customers.

I realize the quarks is an attempt to rectify this, but not enough because you really aren't getting what you wanted (e.g. sandstorm aura). There is real risk with trying to equate direct spending with in-game play behaviors. Some people might farm for hours to get something, but money evokes a different behavior set. The cost/benefits trade-off is much stronger.
    • Like x 3
  8. Frank Zarjaz Committed Player

That's why the current implementation of the Quark vendor is so disappointing. Could've solved this problem. :confused:
    • Like x 3
  9. xxastinosxx Level 30

Thanks everyone,

Honestly i think aren sul got the point, i didnt try to blame anyone else for the money that i spent on the game but myself, i know it was my fault, but he said something really important, he mentioned a revenue stream lost and a dissatisfied customer gained, and guess what, thats me, cause i dont gonna spend that amount of money on the game anymore, no matter if they say that you have the chance to get a rainbow colored unicorn trinket pet, instead of coming and say something like ''it was your fault'' you guys should think about it, i was just making a point, it is unfair that you spend your money and support the game, and the game dont give you anything in return, and for majosea, im pretty much talking about the collections, the beyond gear, i got enough pieces to open a beyond gear themed store, i never said that i didnt get enough gear, i said that the gloves and belt drops a lot.
    • Like x 1
  10. MastaMind Dedicated Player

False. I was like you when I first got into the game. I spent a couple thousand on this game, and a big part of that was on Time Capsules. I would just be chasing one specific item, but that was before I realized that you can actually search for most of the stuff on the broker. The one benefit was all of that cash I dumped in back then allowed me to get caught up on the first three capsules. When I saw the frenzy that came with the release of the Team-Up capsule, that is where I first realized exactly how to handle that situation. It has only became an even easier process. They now guarantee at least one thing of value per capsule. The capsules were also going for stupid money. The cheapest I let one go on release day was 500k, and I had people who were paying 700k. That is 1.4 million per TC. 14 million for every 10 capsules. All it takes is patience.
  11. ozzy1111 Dedicated Player

greed can not see past greed...
    • Like x 1
  12. nawanda Loyal Player

Learn your lesson OP.

DBG didn't deserve that $200.

Don't throw good money after bad.