Gotham Knights || Gameplay Trailer

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Eve, May 10, 2022.

1. Eve YouTuber

I am so excited for this!!! What are everybody's thoughts on this upcoming DC Game?
    • Like x 5
  2. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Looks pretty dang good. All the Arkham games have been great. My only real complaint is that they were too short. I want one that takes years to beat haha
    • Like x 2
  3. Jcal Dedicated Player

Very dissapointed in this one. The combat looks so slow compared to the old Arkham games and the hits seem to lack a certain impact. Red Hood particularly, at times, looks like he's tickling enemies with his shots and the (boss?) fight with the Talon Gladiator looks very dull. Clunky boss fights with high HP bosses - it's the modern, generic action-rpg way. And WB Montreal just continues with the bad buzz words:

Gear/Rarity
    Stats
    Blueprints/Crafting
    Mod Slots/Mod Chips

For me at least, It's absolutely crazy how much better Suicide Squad looks in comparison to GK despite both games being in development for around the same time and both being action-shooter-looter type hybrids. Suicide Squad looks faster, it's overly flashy, and the impacts really come across the screen.

I'm pretty sure I've seen enough of Gotham Knights to know I'm gonna pass.
    • Like x 2
  4. Eve YouTuber

I am still hyped for this, but less hyped when I heard they are not going to launch it on XBOX One and PS4. But Yeah I totally understand what you are saying as well. I do plan to get the Deluxe version- I want to play it, but ik I am less excited for some of the features. It's not the same hype I had when the game was announced.
  5. FoolsFire Devoted Player

The Stanley Parable Ultra Deluxe has a trophy which states...

"Don't Play The Game For Ten Years."

This stacks with playing the original version. So there are players who did the math and are purposefully waiting before loading up this new edition.

Oh, and the other fun one..."Play For An Entire Tuesday".
    • Like x 3
  6. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

So I spent some of yesterday looking over this.
    Things that are good:
    - transmogrification
    - co-op
    - traversal & general movement

Things that aren't so good:
    - combat does seem to be quite slow, but i'm guessing thats a level-based thing. this team of devs said it already has more of an RPG focus
    - the RPG element. In short, means much much more grind than previous games.

Things that are outright bad:
    - the paywalls. all the good transmog stuff will be paywalled off, amongst other things.
    - lack of expansive DLC plans. If you look at the deluxe & collectors editions of the game, they mention only cosmetic stuff. The visionary pack is purely cosmetic as is the pre-order incentive too.
    • Like x 1
  7. FoolsFire Devoted Player

• Like x 1
  8. DCUO Post Loyal Player

• Like x 1
  9. Eve YouTuber

AHH She is amazing.
  10. DCUO Post Loyal Player

• Like x 1
  11. Eve YouTuber

12. DCUO Post Loyal Player

• Like x 1