Gotham City Starter Pack

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

[IMG]

Gotham City Starter Pack

You step foot in Gotham City for the first time. You may have been here before, but not with these new and incredible powers. The streets are dark. The future unknown. You're up for this, but you might want a little help.

Get that help with the BEST value for new players: the Gotham City Starter Pack! The pack includes a variety of starter consumables, TWO full iconic style suits, and the Gotham City Emergency Signal - just in case you need to call in The Bat or his nemesis, The Joker! Over $30 in value!

Here's everything in the pack:
    • GOTHAM CITY EMERGENCY SIGNAL
      • Equip for a permanent 25% experience boost.
      • Activate to summon Batman (heroes) or The Joker (villains) in combat when you need help.
    • ENHANCED FUTURE CRUSADER STYLE SUIT
      • Iconic style suit inspired by DCUO's Future Batman.
    • ENHANCED CLOWN PRINCE STYLE SUIT
      • Iconic style suit inspired by DCUO's Future Joker.
    • Batwing Accessory
      • Miniature Batwing that hovers behind and follows your character.
    • 25 Source Marks
      • Source Marks are primarily used to acquire better equipment.
    • 10 Soder Colas
      • Used in combat to restore health and power.
    • 4 Radar Enhancers
      • Used to track special Collections throughout Gotham City and Metropolis.
    The Gotham City Starter Pack is available now on Nintendo Switch and all platforms for 1000 Marketplace Cash (1000 Daybreak Cash on PC).

Pack includes over $30 of value and will be delivered directly into your character's inventory. Style items are account bound and can be traded to other characters on your account.

[IMG]
    Future Crusader Style Suit
    [IMG]
    Clown Prince Style Suit

Looking for more great starter packs? Look for the Batman Family Pack, the Ultimate Lantern Corp Pack, and the Atlantean Pack in the Marketplace as well!
    • Like x 6
  2. Marrow Active Player

note: the Enhanced Clown Prince set cannot be transferred to other characters on the same account via the Style tab in the same way that the Enhanced Future Crusader set can
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We are going to reduce the cooldown of the emergency signal, and buff it some in higher level content.
    • Like x 11
  4. Eve YouTuber

Appreciated. Thanks.
    • Like x 1
  5. Zane Rapid New Player

I literally just posted suggestions just like emergency signal not even a week ago. Now we need a teen titans backup uplink
    • Like x 1
  6. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

So, is this Batwing simply a Style Accessory, only for looks? It's not a usable pet like the old Batdrone that many of us missed out on, is it? :confused:
  7. Aerith Rose Committed Player

Is the emergency signal redeemable for all toons on account? Is it one that is account bound?
  8. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Yes just a style accessory.
    You can see it here of you like;
  9. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

No. Only for one toon. You have to buy the pack for each toon you want the signal with.
  10. Aerith Rose Committed Player

You mean it gets integrated? If that is true then a big deal breaker for me. No sense paying $10 for a novelty item it it does not at least stay permanent account bond.
  11. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Yes. Once you equip it... you can no longer give it to another character.
  12. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Lame. I was hoping those of us that missed out on getting the Batdrone that was granted in the earliest days of the game would have a chance to get something similar, just in the form of a mini Batwing. Oh well, I guess that would've made too much sense! :rolleyes:
  13. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

I was hoping for something like a BatDrone too.... but this is what we got. Maybe next time?
  14. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Not sure about the rest but I'm pretty sure we were thinking it would be much more usable. 10 minutes is still FAR to long of a wait to utilize a pet trinket. I can only think that WB is being super picky with you guys about the cool down for some odd reason because there doesn't appear to be any other reason why to have it at such and absurd cool down.

I would love to support the game by buying this pack but I just can't justify it as such with the current cool down of that Trinket.
    • Like x 1
  15. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

I understand how you feel, many players have felt the same way. And what I've found is that almost everyone seems to be overlooking this trinket's biggest gameplay benefit:

How is it that everyone is overlooking the fact that this is a 25% EXPERIENCE BOOSTER THAT DOESN'T EXPIRE?!? :confused:

For as long as it's equipped, you earn an extra 25% XP from everything that gives XP! That's HUGE! There's no need to buy the standard XP Booster Boxes that are only good for an hour if you have this equipped! :cool:

But in theory, when power levelling, you could combine this with the XP Plus Booster Boxes that grant an extra 50% XP for one hour at a time to REALLY level up fast! :D

For me, that's the reason I'm going to buy this for at least a couple of my characters. But as always, Your Mileage May Vary. ;)
  16. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Anyone who knows how to level in DCUO, knows it only takes like 3 hours to get to Level 30. So the Trinket isn't worth buying it just for that with some XP Booster. Not to mention it is only good for 1 toon. Once it is equipped you can't put it in your Shared Bank and level another toon with it. Now, if the trinket could be traded among your toons for multiple usage THEN I would agree it is worth $10 for those who love leveling toons. But it isn't, which once again just kills the value of it.
  17. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

3 hours? yeah right..
    • Like x 1
  18. Brother Allen Loyal Player

With someone power leveling you, you indeed can get there in that time frame. I should have made that more clear though Snow. That was my bad.
    • Like x 1
  19. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

You probably CAN if you use this Trinket (+25% XP while equipped), a few XP+ Booster Boxes (+50% XP for one hour per usage) and have a League to run old content with ('cuz you could sit in the Queue for OVER 3 hours just trying to get into some of the old Tiered Instances.) ;)
  20. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

3 hrs by power leveling makes sense. It takes a bit longer without it. ;)

Without power leveling it takes roughly 12 hrs of gameplay. At least it did last time I did it. ;)

• Like x 2