Goodbye for now. Maybe see you later.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jameztowerz, Dec 6, 2018.

1. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

The new raids are put me to sleep.

I log on, do my daily missions, add the seasonal stuff into the mix, the new solo...all of that takes about a half an hour tops.

If I get into a raid group by the time we get to the last boss i'm dozing off. doesn't matter what time, if its late and i'm tired or in the middle of a day off and i'm wide awake...its like a sleeping pill for me.

I wish things were more successful for this game. I really love it but since the revamp everything has been pretty much the opposite of what i was hoping for.

maybe soon ill be able to break away from it permanently.
  2. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

The game is not challenging, because the longer the dev let go of things that are overpowering other powers, and what not the more people start learning those things and use them to op content. They need to start nerfing or fixing those powers that don't need any stats to op content. Let's hope gear rank system is the next big thing for dcuo to bring back the old dcuo we once had. For now fix those damn powers smh. Cr240 300 so should not be able to even come close to someone with way more gear and stats and sp. Fix these powers and stop with base items and styles for a few months. Than we can have a challenging dcuo again
  3. recoil2 Dedicated Player

honestly atlantis was a step in the right direction as it's the only recent episode to get me nostalgic (or more accurately having PTSD fits) about darkseid's war factory. the throne and large scale episode 33 raids/alerts are exactly what dcuo needs, and it's what anit-monitor SHOULD have been, outside of darkseid all of the big bad bosses they've tried to implement have been a joke, you're telling me trigon the terrible, a literal devourer of dimensions, can't put up more of a fight against 8 mediocre heroes in training? the avatar of sin was the most difficult thing in that raid and in trigon's prison we don't really get to do much as it's fighting CIRCE and some lower demons. i like the whole sea beast/corum rath fight as it's what dc has always been founded on as a whole, large scale epic battles. another thing is content is ONLY as difficult as you make it, sure we have no tutorial but if you're in tier 8 and STILL don't know how to play a support role or how mechanics effect a mission you either A) paid money impatiently to skip ahead or B) haven't put in the effort to LEARN anything anyways, both of those are just on the players' heads, only thing a tutorial would do is provide the option for players who will actually commit to a few minutes a week to experimenting and working things out on their own.
  4. Jameztowerz Active Player

I see some people are confused about what I mean by Tedius. What I was refering to was the Elite gear grind and Elite raids.

Elite gear only feels like a little extra visual reward that you only get by completing the "Elite" raid. The elite gear is not needed to complete content which in my opinion elite gear should be needed to complete elite raids not elite raids needed to be completed to get elite gear that is basically pointless to have except for the bragging rights.

Their is a very big issue with the gear to content balance.

Older content had a lot of 4, 2, and 1 man content that was very grindy to get some of the tier gear to assist in completing the raids. This made the grind worth it. Now days you dont even have to touch the small group content to get into the raids.

Again looking back at T4 and T5 you had numerous small group content that was challenging and fun to play and made the grind to even get a few pieces of Tier gear to have even a slightest chance to get into the raids and hope the others were either geared up enough or had high enough stats to not csrry you but help you get through.

I was part of a couple of leagues over the years and even was the Leader of my own for almost 3 yrs before the population took a big hit after T5. I have been mostly PUGing for the past several years even when being part of a league and never had any issues completing content. Even for PUG groups today the content is still too "user friendly" and drawn out instead of challenging and actually need teamwork to complete.

I have proven to myself over the past two years that teamwork and strategy is not needed anymore. I have played the game with the volume off and no mic for the past two years and never had a failed group in anything I played. Which goes to show how nerfed the game as a whole has gotten. Again back during FOS2, Gates, Prime, Nexus, Wave and even War of the Light part 1 you needed to comunicate vocally. Now you can jump into the raids day 1 and bam 20 to 30 minutes later your done.
    • Like x 4
  5. Dazz-252 Committed Player

This topic is just another "Buff Elite Content" thread in disguise. lol
  6. shoegazer Well-Known Player

Well I think you can blame the toxic community for a good portion of the lack of communication needed in content...

Just being honest here but at this point, if they create content that needs communication to beat I'm not going to run it..for that exact reason..and I don't think I'm alone on that either
    • Like x 3
  7. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

I did not "claim" OP is saying anything, that's your part. I was just pointing out that it is not necessarily that what you assume.

As for "majority", you are aware that "every now and then" is not a "majority" feature, right ;)? Besides, the majority of players is ingame still acting as if they never heard of the forums - "What is this downtime for?" (announced updates), "Wait, the next DLC is Atlantis???" etc. A part of the players visit the forum, of that portion a part is endgame player, another part veteran player, some of these are both. Not a majority.
  8. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

Thanks for clearing up.

And thanks for the voice-chat-part. People never believed me when I told them it's not needed :D
  9. Zneeak Devoted Player

I'll just wait for the OP himself to officially respond in regards to what he was actually saying. You and me talking for him is probably not the best way to go about it, lol. :p

In regards to the majority, you make it sound as if anyone in-game that hasn't given feedback on the forums doesn't think or feel in similar ways as the OP, which is neither false or true. None of us can speak for what the majority of players in-game feel in regards to this particular post nor did I never intend to point the OP as a vast majority-opinion. My point is simply that the OP's opinion on content has become an issue that's been brought up by a lot of players by now and contributed to a part of the decline in population. This feedback isn't new.

EDIT: I now see that the OP in fact did respond.
    • Like x 1
  10. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

Of course it is. That's the problem you create with "mandatory" content and "limited relevant choices". Everyone is supposed to do it, so Elite runs cannot be scaled towards the top 3-5% of players. In turn, this group feels neglected. And as it always has been with community in DCUO, the "pack" in trouble lines up, demands, becomes vocal, and when succeeding, brings another "pack" of players to the point of feeling neglected, rinse and repeat.

The fewest people think about solutions for everyone, and there is often great opposition amongst the players when something is not specifically tailored for them, but trying to include others. Technically, there isn't "a" community around here, but many communities which all happen to play the same game. And the devs on their end desperately try to keep this in check with the "one porrage for all" approach and emergency favoring for a community group that threatens to leave. All while the players can't understand that their "pack" alone cannot keep the game running.
    • Like x 1
  11. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

He just did lol :D Have fun! You've been right.

And no, there is actually a vocal group with the same points to criticise - but at least two ideas of remedies in their heads they'd wish for. I pointed that out in the post above. Still does not make this group "a majority", especially when split up about the "how to make it better". And that can backfire. Look at how long the PvP folks are trying to get "their" content fixed ;)
  12. Zneeak Devoted Player

After responding I did notice that he just had replied, so I did put that in the Edit on my previous reply. :)

PvP has pretty much been outright abandoned, while the focus still lies on Pve content, so there's a difference there.
  13. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

Na, not really. Basically, the devs were looking for feedback before they abandoned PvP. The feedback basically made them do that: while there was of course and issue with the "form" of feedback, there was a problem with the content of the feedback as well - one group wanted a), another group wanted b) and a small group wanted c).

With no PvP left, PvE is the only content so the devs can't walk away this time :D However, there are players out there who actually like the "many many runs" approach - again, not a majority - because it helps them in their "earned"-approach and ingame.... "pride". And while PvP basically fell apart over the combat system issues, the PvE side has multiple problems brought up by the op:

- communication. The OP made clear he misses the aspect of "communication needed". Just right after that someone replied basically stating "no communication wanted". Try to build a compromise on that :D
    - rewards. Elite Gear not worth it stat-wise. Now if you make the gear more buffed stat-wise, it will become mandatory. And thus, more casuals will run around in the Elite content again. If you want to have high challenge Elite content, it needs to be optional since only a small part of the playerbase are good enough to complete it then (per definition). Bites with buffing the rewards, since whenever the mandatory gear is not obtainable for the majority of players, that majority will act up. The majority are the casual players, and no casual players -> no game. The 5% Elite players cannot finance the game alone, no matter how "whale" they act with their wallet.
    - tedious number of runs. As pointed out above already, there is a group of players actually "enjoying" this from a - to me - weird approach of gaming. But there is another problem in balancing this: have too few runs and players feel the temptation to burst their load of RBs and be done with it in week 1, then complaining "nothing to do", taking a break -> lower population and harder to find groups. Now having too many runs will have the "bah, 126 more runs? screw this!"-effect on some players, complaining "too tedious", taking a break or leaving -> same effect.

And that's just the actual content problems. There is other expectations approaches where at least two significantly different groups of players will have different or even the same issue, with different expectations towards the devs when it comes to solutions. Basically what finished PvP off, just around in PvE since.... maybe T6 even, maybe before even, highly depending on the PoV of the singular player.

The different groups of players need to find a "together" for lots of "optional", but fun content. Then this "can't find decent group", "casuals ruining elite runs" and "elite runs too easy/difficult" discussion can stop - when every respective group of players gets their content, and updates add to all these content types. Well, except for PvP, since it's abandoned ;)
    • Like x 1
  14. recoil2 Dedicated Player

personally i consider world of war craft to have an excellent solution to this, optional dungeon/open world difficulty levels with their own unique rewards based on difficulty http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Raid_difficulty.
  15. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

STO has as well. All mission content scales with group size and level, and there are 3 basic difficulty settings on top. The queue content over there was totally optional til the last updates, has now been integrated into the mission structure which is a step backwards, since most of the queues need a certain number of players to pop.

Yet, when done you don't need to do them again, there are no rewards in that game portion you can't get elsewhere - unless it's event week(end) for said queue. But when it is event, that singular queue will pop :D

Not a fan of queued content, prefer walk-in ability. Player dependency in general started to become a bad thing with the shift of what is called a "gamer" nowadays. Game is great when you can play the content you want with whatever number of friends are online at that time - oh, and I do mean "friends", not someone added because the instance was fast with them around (friendlists used as human resource management tool....). And playing many alts, I do not like the "mandatory"/"storyline" approach either, at least not as stand-alone backbone of the game. It kills replay value with alts mostly.
    • Like x 1
  16. recoil2 Dedicated Player

same, and ironically ways of soloing older content were added with the walkins, wish they'd bring those back.
    • Like x 2
  17. Tilz Loyal Player

Don't have much or anything worth. So it doesn't matter :D